ADVERTISEMENT

Mexico/Jamaica All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations

Bridawg21

HB MVP
Apr 28, 2009
Wife and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary later this year and are contemplating on going to an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica or Mexico at the end of this year or even beginning of 2016. Looking to spend $3,000 or less for 5 days (including airfare). Anyone have any resort suggestions/recommendations?

Our Mexico trip was around that if I recall. Stayed at Secrets Maroma. We preferred Mexico over Jamaica. The resort in Jamaica also was not quite as nice though.

Our next trip would be to Mexico again. Probably would try a new resort for something different, but would highly recommend Secrets Maroma.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Mexico: El Dorado Casitas Royale

Might be a little more in the $3500 range but worth it. Had honeymoon there in '12. Great place!

Heading to Punta Cana next month.

What are you looking to do while there? What are your priorities when it comes to beach, pool, food, access to off resort activities?

My personal favorites are Couples Swept Away, El Dorado Royale, Secrets Maroma is very nice, will be staying at Secrets the Vine in May and excited about that. If you are open on dates you may be able to get any of them in budget.

Why would anyone pay money to go someplace in the third world where they have to lock you in a virtual prison to keep you from being killed.

What is wrong with Hilton Head, Sanibel, etc.

When the nice man at the prison allowed us to leave for the day, they took us to this hell hole. Never. Again.

Originally posted by coffhawk:
Why would anyone pay money to go someplace in the third world where they have to lock you in a virtual prison to keep you from being killed.

People prefer to spend their hard-earned dollars in foreign countries, that's why. And let's face it, most US citizens have no interest in visiting Mexico unless it's a resort, or a single day excursion over the border as part of a "checked the box" list.

Better hope you don't have a medical, legal or environmental issue while visiting.

Originally posted by Monzon:

People prefer to spend their hard-earned dollars in foreign countries, that's why. And let's face it, most US citizens have no interest in visiting Mexico unless it's a resort, or a single day excursion over the border as part of a "checked the box" list.

Better hope you don't have a medical, legal or environmental issue while visiting.
We just got back from Secrets Silversands in PMorelos. Very nice, so I can only imagine what the Maroma is like. Only bad thing about Silversands is swimming in the ocean really isn't an option and you are pretty much right in the middle between PDC and Cancun. here's a view from our prison cell...
luxury-adults-only-secret-silversands-E309R1862_745_559.jpg

We're usually in agreement on this site, but you're way off with this post.

Originally posted by ICWestfan:

Originally posted by Monzon:

We just got back from Secrets Silversands in PMorelos. Very nice, so I can only imagine what the Maroma is like. Only bad thing about Silversands is swimming in the ocean really isn't an option and you are pretty much right in the middle between PDC and Cancun. here's a view from our prison cell...
ec
Went there last year. It was good, but not great. I really enjoy the ocean and swimming/snorkeling but it was tough there. Overall its a nice place.

Originally posted by Kinnick 4 Prez:
Mexico: El Dorado Casitas Royale

Might be a little more in the $3500 range but worth it. Had honeymoon there in '12. Great place!

Heading to Punta Cana next month.

The family (two boys 18, 19) went to Punta Cana Breathless. Great time.

We are staying at a Sandals in Whitehouse, Jamaica in late June. Booked 5 nights. They are currently running a special.

http://www.sandals.com/main/whitehouse/wh-home/

Me Cancun- wife and I really loved this place. Very nice beech area with day beds and loungers. It was filled with International hotties and many of them were topless. It can be dead during the weekend at night but on the weekends it has more of a club atmosphere. The food was excellent and most of the restaurants were open air and on the ocean. Several days we rented a Bali Bed for about $60 that came with staff and a higher level of service as far as a waiter being assigned to 3 beds to deliver food and drinks.

Couples Tower Isle Ochos Rios, Jamaica- not as nice as Me Cancun in terms off property, beach, and food yet still very good. The bellhop did sell me a fat 1/4 oz for $50 which I appreciated. They also have a small nude island that the resort owns that the take you to by boat. It was a mixture of old people that you didn't want to see and a few hotties trying something new.

Both of these locations normally run in the mid $400s per night. I would suggest using Kayak and finding a nice property that happens to have lower prices during your stay and checking the TripAdvisor pictures and reviews. I was lucky enough to land both of these places for around $300 per night. I would also suggest going with an adults all inclusive so you don't have to deal with families.

3boysmom hooked me up and wife (no pic) with a trip to Negril to Couple Negril. It was two years ago, but it was a good time. Good food, pretty quiet for the most part, cute/rustic resort, amazing beach/water, etc. While there went to YS Falls (worth the trip, but skip the zipline... not very good if you have done it before), Blue Hole (neat spot to have some drinks and sit in the sun off the beaten path, but looked like they were adding rooms to the pool/bar area) and Ricks Cafe (lots of fun watching cliff divers and taking in the sunset). People were all very friendly here... loved this place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT