ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Dolphins Plan To Punish Players Who Protest Anthem

Kneeling to bring attention to empirical proof of excessive police violence should be punished, a president slobbering over a dictator and empirical proven murderer shouldn’t be criticized.?

Let’s be real here.

This started a few years ago regardless social injustice and police violence.

It has now turned into- my owner (boss) can’t tell me what to do.

And if not for fantasy football and courts ruling that online betting is in effect legal- NFL ratings would be at an all time low.

Reactions: The Tradition
Trad has also emphasized racism. Won’t consider players protests, simply demands subjugation.

Let’s be real here.

This started a few years ago regardless social injustice and police violence.

It has now turned into- my owner (boss) can’t tell me what to do
What you just said is the “white person” version of it. I always love when white people try to describe race issues from their Caucasian view.

Trad has also emphasized racism. Won’t consider players protests, simply demands subjugation.

The players' union certainly can protest the terms and conditions of employment. But they can't protest on the shop floor. They can go on strike if they want, but protesting on the shop floor is not protected by the National Labor Relations Act.

Okay... let's say you own a Croatian food cart or whatever. You have an employee who wants to protest the police in front of your customers while he's on your clock.

This is okay with you?

Go protest the police on your own freaking time! It's not a difficult concept.

If I was paying him to stand there and do absolutely nothing for a minute? Why would I care if he stands and does absolutey nothing or kneels and does absolutey nothing?

Trad, I get the owners can enforce a protocol, and I can’t stand that Caepernick had a Castro or Che t shirt. However, in light of recent events I believe the owners, players and fans in combination with veterans should have substantive discussions about how to address the issue.

Corrected the spelling, and not giving a crap about Putin’s murders but African American football players caring about empirical proof of police brutality in their communities is troubling but not surprising.

Two things I've noticed about you. You're obsessed with Russia, and you're anti-police. Why is that?

Kneeling to bring attention to empirical proof of excessive police violence should be punished, a president slobbering over a dictator and empirical proven murderer shouldn’t be criticized.?
how about they do something that actually makes a REAL difference? nah, that would require actual work......

good for the dolphins, no freedom of choice for employees(even if they make millions!)

Trad, I get the owners can enforce a protocol, and I can’t stand that Caepernick had a Castro or Che t shirt. However, in light of recent events I believe the owners, players and fans in combination with veterans should have substantive discussions about how to address the issue.

Recent events?

how about they do something that actually makes a REAL difference? nah, that would require actual work......

good for the dolphins, no freedom of choice for employees(even if they make millions!)

Many of them do, you ignoramus.

It’s not “doing nothing” in the sense that breathing is not “doing nothing”

So... if actors in a Broadway play are supposed to stand motionless for a minute while something else is going on elsewhere on the stage, they're doing nothing?

Miami was 6-10 last year. They should probably try winning at real football before trying their hand at political football.

Reactions: Wendy79
No, it's really not. Both groups of employees are entertainers.
It's incredibly weak. I've watched a lot of theatre. I don't know of a single company that requires their actors to stand before the curtain goes up. Usually they want actors to be focusing on the show instead. Which is why it's kind of weird to ask athletes to do the anthem at all. Shouldn't they be thinking about the game instead?

It's incredibly weak. I've watched a lot of theatre. I don't know of a single company that requires their actors to stand before the curtain goes up. Usually they want actors to be focusing on the show instead. Which is why it's kind of weird to ask athletes to do the anthem at all. Shouldn't they be thinking about the game instead?

What if they protested after the curtain went down? During the encore? They're expected to bow to the audience. That's part of the show. What if they turned their backs to the audience to protest the police? You okay with that?

Many of them do, you ignoramus.
lets see what they've done and how many have actually put in a real effort

show us......

What if they protested after the curtain went down? During the encore? They're expected to bow to the audience. That's part of the show. What if they turned their backs to the audience to protest the police? You okay with that?
i have no interest in hearing people, that make millions playing a game, cry about how unfair this country is......
that just my opinion though :)

Reactions: kirbhawk
when is the last time we had someone run for potus(and had a real shot) that was actually worthy?
yeah, donald is a dbag but who isn't that has a real chance at potus?
There’s plenty of candidates that aren’t racist and don’t sexual assault women. I will give him credit for one thing. He admits that he sexually assaults women.

Reactions: Wendy79
I don't know their staff. I just know they sucked last season. If I was a fan I'd want Miami worrying more about winning games than doing political stunts.

Clue: Tannehill is the franchised-tagged quarterback of the Miami Dolphins.

He didn't play last year because of injury.

I don't think you understand why actors take bows. Hint. It's the payoff for putting on a good show.

There’s plenty of candidates that aren’t racist and don’t sexual assault women. I will give him credit for one thing. He admits that he sexually assaults women.
Yeah, but at least we know he is a piss poor liar!

Like I said, he's a dbag.....just like all our other options were. Lose/lose.

Right or wrong, the owners have the ability to run the organization as they see fit. This is now a rule the players within the organization are being asked to follow. If they don’t, there will be consequences, and knowing those consequences, the players can make their decision. It’s no different than any other business and their expectations. I don’t see a problem with it.

Ultimately, this is just one platform the players can use to get across their message. With Twitter, Instagram and other forms of media, odds are that the individual player can reach a wider audience (especially since most national anthems aren’t even televised) to promote their beliefs, or bring injustices to light.

Yeah, but at least we know he is a piss poor liar!

Like I said, he's a dbag.....just like all our other options were. Lose/lose.
Our other options may have been liars, but they weren’t sexual abusers. Oh, and they also weren’t in bed with the Russians. But that’s a whole different topic.

I had a nice discussion with some buddies during our 9 hour road trip up north last week. My main point was this: Being a piece of shit human being is terrible. Everyone should hate somebody that is selfish, and only looking out for themselves. But being a terrible human being, AND a dipshit, is even worse. Trump is so stupid, he doesn’t realize how obvious he’s making this whole thing.

The only thing worse than that: The people that are too stupid to see any of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT