ADVERTISEMENT

Micah Jones: Announcing Friday

Colorado_Tigerhawk

Scout Team
Feb 13, 2017
Colorado Springs
Micah plans to announce Friday at 3pm. Hate to say it but I think he will commit to the Irish. What are your thoughts on the other 2018 WR prospects?

Three Best Chances:
1. I'Shawn Stewart
2. Samson Evans (QB recruited as athlete)
3. Random WR off radar from Illinois, Wisconsin, or South Dakota

Does anyone know of any other possible targets for this year? I am almost most interested in our WR recruits for obvious reasons. Thanks for any info!

Don't hold your breath. As was the case many times in the '17 class, Iowa's sitting good but will be left at the altar

Kelton does like his florida boys sooooo who knows but also are we certain that the WR coach at ND is gonna be there all 4 years? If he commits there that's cause of there name

I honestly could see it being NW hopefully they announce copeland and get him out there asap

It is ND all the way. Hard to beat them in Chicago when they really want somebody.

He listed Iowa first and they weren't alphabetical which means It most certainly won't be Iowa.. would have been too obvious

I agree with Sota on Jones. Thanks Fletch...Cameron Brown looks to be a silky-smooth athlete on film. His offer list will no doubt grow during his senior year. I'm excited about Brandon Smith's potential, but we need more of his caliber. Ihmir will also be a special talent, if he can buy into the "Iowa way". Any thoughts on Copeland in regards to recruiting? FL has been hit and miss for us in the past due to weather and distance. The only possible new offer I could see coming would be Dashon Bussell (6'2 Ft. Wayne, IN).

Illinois kid.....new WR coach is from NIU.....probably already been in touch on the recruiting trail previously.......iowa does very well in Illinois.......

Cameron Brown likes Iowa according to other material. He would be a big get. Stewart is favoring Iowa.

Reactions: David1979
View image on Twitter
C4lkR_lWcAI-pX5.jpg

God bless. Thank you for the support! #Blessed #Excited
  • as far as who Jones will pick, his 247Sports Crystal Ball is all Notre Dame.
Jones is the No. 3 prospect in the state of Illinois.

Iowa's record since 2000 134 - 82 ,, The Golden Showers record 129 - 83
slight difference in SOS..
SOS shouldn't matter if You are the mighty Irish who by the way play service academies and teams in the east that are good every other year or so like Syracuse UConn BC ect ect, USC stunk for a good stretch since 2000 after Carroll left . Purdue in there a ton and the MSU / MICH teams are common opponents to Iowa . Main point is Iowa has been as good or better than ND since 2000 If the entire body of work is looked at . In my humble opinion .

I will trade a recruit for a legit receivers coach 25 hours per day, 8 days per week, and 366 days per year. We may have missed out on Jones, partially because of Kennedy's departure, but I'm pretty pumped about Copeland

Reactions: Sumhawk
I think Cameron Brown could be a possibility in this class. He visited for the Michigan game with Dallas Craddieth and Ronnie Perkins. All three of those guys would be great for the class.
If Iowa wants some quality receivers, they'll have 13 or 14 days this year to show them why they should come. I wouldn't expect much to happen the next 7 months....

The myth of ND schedule still works on some people.
I'm sure they have a full time employee who's sole responsibility is to keep the tarnish off their old trophies to keep them relevant. Personally I think blaming Iowa for getting rid of Kennedy as a reason for eliminating us is a cop out. Seeing how Kennedy developed WR's should have made him rejoice that they made a change.

I expected this six months ago. South Bend is a 1.5 hour drive for this young man.

Please understand, that one of the reasons that schools such as Stanford, Northwestern, Notre Dame and BC can recruit some of the caliber of talent that they do has to do with what the school can do for them beyond football. I am a huge Iowa Football fan, however if Stanford, Northwestern, or ND came after me, I would not have have given Iowa a second look. When you graduate from those schools, it is like being part of a fraternity, a club. Doors open.....

ADVERTISEMENT