ADVERTISEMENT

Mice - what kind of traps do you use?

I’m a big baby when it comes to mice. Worth it to me to pay someone with bigger balls than I to deal with them

This reminds me of trapping ground squirrels. I took one several miles from my house, released it and instead of running into the timber it ran back across the road, and got hit by a semi. Dummy.

get a cat
The only time I've ever had a mouse problem actually came from the cat. When cats love you and they understand that you suck at hunting, they will bring you mice to teach you how to hunt. We actually had a young tom that wanted us to learn how to hunt baby bunnies. You will never forget the sound of a screaming baby bunny. Waking up to find your landing looking like a crime scene is real treat.

I do miss that little shit though.

Speaking of traps, I was patrolling track years ago and noticed a raccoon caught in a trap near a small creek. I got out of my truck and slowly approached it. The raccoon was so tired that it could barely stand to show defense towards me. I managed to grab the back of its neck like a kitten and free its paw with my other arm. He swam slowly across the creek, hobbled onto the dirt and just sat there. I called it good and left. A week later I ran the same track and saw the raccoon in the same spot. Dead. I think he’d been in that trap for so long that he was too exhausted to replenish himself. Sad stuff. People who trap animals and don’t regularly check their traps are shitbags.

Speaking of traps, I was patrolling track years ago and noticed a raccoon caught in a trap near a small creek. I got out of my truck and slowly approached it. The raccoon was so tired that it could barely stand to show defense towards me. I managed to grab the back of its neck like a kitten and free its paw with my other arm. He swam slowly across the creek, hobbled onto the dirt and just sat there. I called it good and left. A week later I ran the same track and saw the raccoon in the same spot. Dead. I think he’d been in that trap for so long that he was too exhausted to replenish himself. Sad stuff. People who trap animals and don’t regularly check their traps are shitbags.
The things we do to animals define who we are as people. Never be the monster, never be the mindless murderer, the same as who you are or would want for yourself.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
The things we do to animals define who we are as people. Never be the monster, never be the mindless murderer, the same as who you are or would want for yourself.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
Yeah, but mice are fückers, so there’s that…

Well fück. That’s sad. I’m sad.
411RYY901TL._SY580_.jpg

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT