ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Lois updates?

The kid is walking. That is great. Football, in the grand scheme of things, is a short blip in life and not worth the potential damage it could do after he had the back injury. It was a class act to honor the ride.
we should come up with a list of players where their college career was cut short (or in this case, never started) and KF still honored the 4 year scholarship (how many programs do that?). And in Lois' case, that is an expensive out of state scholarship

Reactions: silasstarr
we should come up with a list of players where their college career was cut short (or in this case, never started) and KF still honored the 4 year scholarship (how many programs do that?). And in Lois' case, that is an expensive out of state scholarship
I think scholarships are not 4-year commitments and that they are renewed annually. Kirk makes his scholarship offers 4 year offers but there may not be another coach in the country that does it this way.

Kahari Stewart?

I think scholarships are not 4-year commitments and that they are renewed annually. Kirk makes his scholarship offers 4 year offers but there may not be another coach in the country that does it this way.
I believe the entire conference has done this for several years. Iowa is not alone.

Reactions: WSC72
Connor Kornbrath? I don’t know for sure if his scholly was for all four years but I don’t think he played more than two.

Thought his scholarship did not count against the 85 since it is a medical reason.

it may be a standard in the B1G, but I know of a coach in the sec that will pull a scholarship from a kid after 3 years because he ‘needed’ the scholarship for an incoming 4/5 star recruit.

I remember Jay Scheel was supposed to be quite the athlete. I don't know if he ever played a down and ended up having to call it quits for his knees I believe.

Who was the young man, I think some where out of the Des Moines area, that had a neck issue I believe that never got to play? It may have been during Fry's coaching days. Didn't he stay on scholarship?

Thought his scholarship did not count against the 85 since it is a medical reason.

it may be a standard in the B1G, but I know of a coach in the sec that will pull a scholarship from a kid after 3 years because he ‘needed’ the scholarship for an incoming 4/5 star recruit.
Yes, I believe you are correct, those medical hardship scholarships do not count against the 85.

Who was the young man, I think some where out of the Des Moines area, that had a neck issue I believe that never got to play? It may have been during Fry's coaching days. Didn't he stay on scholarship?
Treye Jackson. I was thinking he was from somewhere other than the metro though.

After posting, I looked it up and found an article. From Newton.

Last edited:
Reactions: northernboarderhawk
Alex Kanellis got some good PT early but had to call it at some point. I’m guessing we could add him to the list of KF holding up to his end of the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT