ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan’s Tightend Erick All **edit. Visiting Iowa

This Michigan TE sounds like he would be a great addition, just hope it wouldn't push Luke to enter the portal. What happened with the transfer TE they brought in last year, was he hurt or just not good enough to play?
No chance Lachey is going to NFL. But after next year, yes.

Reactions: SB_SB
Stilianos played. He was the 3rd and more of a blocking TE. He'll be back next year, too.

The way Iowa uses TEs in the receiving game I think All fits like a glove. Lachet and he would provide excellent blocking and receiving, creating many mismatches and difficulties for defenses trying to read what Iowa is doing.
Having 2 TEs on the field that are weapons in the pass game can also help in the run game and pass game if You keep one in or have Him chip before releasing . Iowa needs to do a lot more of that till the line gets solved.

👀

FjPvdILWIAMNcEb

This Michigan TE sounds like he would be a great addition, just hope it wouldn't push Luke to enter the portal. What happened with the transfer TE they brought in last year, was he hurt or just not good enough to play?
I travel the CF boards and as you might guess, the main talk today is about the players in the Portal. But you bring up a very good point, teams have to be careful as not to push some of their current players out.

If you look at some of the very top programs - year in and out - like Bama, Georgia, OSU, Clemson - they might bring in 1 or 2 TOP transfers a year as to keep their current players / roster as much as intact as possible. In fact, I read that Kirby Smart does not use the Portal

I travel the CF boards and as you might guess, the main talk today is about the players in the Portal. But you bring up a very good point, teams have to be careful as not to push some of their current players out.

If you look at some of the very top programs - year in and out - like Bama, Georgia, OSU, Clemson - they might bring in 1 or 2 TOP transfers a year as to keep their current players / roster as much as intact as possible. In fact, I read that Kirby Smart does not use the Portal
They took Arik Gilbert, the troubled but physically gifted TE from LSU last year.

Having 2 TEs on the field that are weapons in the pass game can also help in the run game and pass game if You keep one in or have Him chip before releasing . Iowa needs to do a lot more of that till the line gets solved.
I agree 100%. I recall a game (I believe against MI State) where their DE lined up wide on the right side and beat Iowa's tackle a couple of times. The next time he lined up wide, the Iowa TE (Ibthink it was Hockenson) lined up just outside of him. The offensive tackle didn't even look at him. Whe the ball was snapped, the TE planted the DE on his ass - total pancake. Slowed him down for the rest of the game.

WTF, is Jimmy going to the NFL or what?
With no attrition Michigan would have had 9 TEs on schollie next year (that number assumed the two verbals sign but does not include Nyck Harbor who wants to play TE and Michigan might actually lead for...#1 ranked athlete in the country btw).

In summary Michigan had a lot of TEs on the roster. More than one or two leaving was kind of expected...especially because the guy who really emerged late is a true frosh...if he continues on this trajectory he's a 1st round pick (and yes, a lot of road ahead for the kid...he could end up falling off a cliff...figuratively...or even litteraly...he's from Idaho...a lot of wilderness out there). A guy like Hansen (a top 100 recruit) saw the writing on the wall...you aren't waiting for guys to graduate...you are being beaten out by guys your own class or younger.

We still have Stilianos. I don't know how he's been developing in our system. Hopefully improving.

I agree with others ... Lachey is obviously a stud.

Cael Vanderbush was a pretty impressive big-athlete out of high school ... one of those oversized WR-types who we tend to have a great record developing into TEs. As I understood, he just needed to develop into the position ... and develop as a blocker. High potential kid though ...

Ostrenga is kinda interesting ... maybe reminds me a bit of Allen Reisner ... except maybe entering the program with a little better size from the outset.

Anyhow, if All's health-prognosis is good - I think that he could definitely help our TE room.
Ostrenga is our next great TE. A Kittle starter kit. Has the hands and the speed.

Stilianos played. He was the 3rd and more of a blocking TE. He'll be back next year, too.

The way Iowa uses TEs in the receiving game I think All fits like a glove. Lachet and he would provide excellent blocking and receiving, creating many mismatches and difficulties for defenses trying to read what Iowa is doing.
Ok, thank you, I just asked because when LaPorta got hurt, Stillanos was nowhere to be seen, it was a couple of freshman playing instead

Ok, thank you, I just asked because when LaPorta got hurt, Stillanos was nowhere to be seen, it was a couple of freshman playing instead
I could be wrong but I thought I heard Stillianos is more of "blocking" TE? So we wouldn't see him catch a lot of passes necessarily or be in as much in passing situations.

I think I saw a post here alluding to it, but here is what the rumor is on his deal with Michigan.

bcnhogmn774a1.jpg

60murgmn774a1.jpg
That's a lot of conjecture. I don't know who "Seth or Brian" are but I would be shocked that anyone in the AD would be discussing a player's health issues like this unless All signed a release, and even then this seems to be really stretching the rules.

That's a lot of conjecture. I don't know who "Seth or Brian" are but I would be shocked that anyone in the AD would be discussing a player's health issues like this unless All signed a release, and even then this seems to be really stretching the rules.
It's from Michigan fan sites and other things I've seen have been pretty much in line with this regarding having his back fused in Florida against UM surgeon recommendations. And such it's such a hot topic today, they're even using his NIL!

https://www.biospine.com/michigan-tight-end-erick-all-has-live-saving-surgery-at-biospine/

Not saying it's true one way or the other, just posting whats pretty consistently out there.

Reactions: BBHawk
I could be wrong but I thought I heard Stillianos is more of "blocking" TE? So we wouldn't see him catch a lot of passes necessarily or be in as much in passing situations.
Any chance Stillianos could be converted to OL? He’s already listed at 6-5/264. Back in KF’s early days, some of our best OLs were converted TEs.

It's from Michigan fan sites and other things I've seen have been pretty much in line with this regarding having his back fused in Florida against UM surgeon recommendations. And such it's such a hot topic today, they're even using his NIL!

https://www.biospine.com/michigan-tight-end-erick-all-has-live-saving-surgery-at-biospine/

Not saying it's true one way or the other, just posting whats pretty consistently out there.
And maybe U of I docs cooooool with it.

Jim probably just wanted him to go to his chiro.

ADVERTISEMENT