ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Michigan CB Cedric Boswell committing soon

Apr 8, 2003
Probably tomorrow (Monday).

Profile: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cedric-Boswell-163323

Video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1573286/highlights/169150375/v2

---

Going into weekend, Michigan native Cedric Boswell had eight scholarship offers, but was looking for more, especially one from a power five conference. After showcasing his skills at cornerback at Iowa's camp on Friday, the 5-foot-11, 172-pound Boswell left town with a Big Ten offer from the Hawkeyes.

"I was really excited," said Boswell. "It's my first big one."

As a junior at Birmingham Groves High School, Boswell made a name for himself mostly at running back, rushing for 1,350 yards and 15 touchdowns, but the Hawkeyes like his speed and athletic ability better on defense in college.

"I talked to Coach Parker, who is the defensive coordinator, and he said he really likes my speed," Boswell said. "He said that I have a lot to work with and he can help me get a lot better at corner."

After Friday night's camp under the lights at Kinnick Stadium, Boswell stayed overnight in Iowa City and had a chance to tour the campus and facilities on Saturday morning. Although it was only his first visit, the Michigan native says he felt right at home.

"I thought it was really great," said Boswell. "It felt like home right when I got there."

So much so, in fact, that a commitment appears to be coming soon, probably in the next 24 hours Boswell told us on Sunday.

"I'm probably going to commit tomorrow (Monday)," Boswell said.

Along with Iowa, Boswell holds scholarship offers from Ball State, Bowling Green, Central Michigan Eastern Michigan, Kent State, Miami of Ohio, Toledo, and Western Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News