ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan coach

Juwan and a buddy sat directly behind me for Clemens v. Wood at Wrigley in '03. Scott Padgett and his mom were 10-15 seats to our right in our row.

Howard was a totally cool dude. Chatted all day, joked and laughed with everyone around like we all knew him.

Whatever... I'd say Iowa's zone defense had more to do with getting their players wide open more that their coach. JMO

They ran specific plays out of time outs to get him wide open shots despite Iowa knowing not to leave him.

Yes Iowa was playing zone but if you understand what you're watching you can see the difference in the way Michigan knows exactly how to attack it compared to most other teams.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Complaining about the free throw discrepancy makes sense from his perspective and I thought he was reasonable about it. Looks to me like he has a good court demeanor and interaction with his players. His team's adjustments made it a dogfight to the end.

If I could have a former celebrated Iowa player come back to coach(like BJA) who had Howard's assistant background and conducted himself the way that coach Howard is doing I'd be quite happy.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Howard can stfu about the free throw disparity. Maybe he should take a look at what his team did out there. Half their shots were threes. They took 18 more threes than Iowa and we pounded the ball into the post every chance we got. Maybe his team shouldn’t be so soft and get to the rack.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
Complaining about the free throw discrepancy makes sense from his perspective and I thought he was reasonable about it. Looks to me like he has a good court demeanor and interaction with his players. His team's adjustments made it a dogfight to the end.

If I could have a former celebrated Iowa player come back to coach(like BJA) who had Howard's assistant background and conducted himself the way that coach Howard is doing I'd be quite happy.

The FT discrepancy was well deserved. One team was jacking a bunch of 3’s and they didn’t have a post player getting double and tripled while getting hacked every time he touched the ball.

The other team consistently fed the post to their All American who was getting mugged and bloodied all game.

Juwan and a buddy sat directly behind me for Clemens v. Wood at Wrigley in '03. Scott Padgett and his mom were 10-15 seats to our right in our row.

Howard was a totally cool dude. Chatted all day, joked and laughed with everyone around like we all knew him.

Bielein never recruited like that when he was at Michigan. It was usually 3* and low 4* players that were developed.
He had some really good classes, too. Wait until Howard has been there a few years to see how well his stellar classes turn out. As it is, he is working with one of the best classes that Belein ever recruited and he is 2-4 with them in the B1G so far.

I think he'd be awesome to play for and no doubt Phil is helping him ease in to the role.
He really seems to have the "bust your ass and do it right while you're out there but at the end of the day it's just a game" mentality. I think kids will be attracted to his style and style of play.

Any reason other than the fact that you’re not attracted to him?
He is one of the ugliest dudes on the planet.

That aside, he was always such a whiny b*tch when he played.

Very overrated player imo. He was carried by Webber & Rose big time.

He proved how average he was throughout his NBA career.

I think Juwan is a classy person and will be an outstanding coach. He played for a long time in the NBA , so for you to say he was overrated or average is just nuts.

Reactions: Chillyhoff

He averaged 13 and 6 over like 20 years lol

Agree with OP. Seems like a cool guy, and I second that he is the only one of the fab five that I ever liked.

Howard is going to be very successful at UM, in part because he has very good assistants, but also because he will be very successful as a recruiter. What HS kid would not be impressed?

ADVERTISEMENT