ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan election chief: Trump suggested I be arrested for treason and executed

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Jocelyn Benson, Michigan's top election official, faced an onslaught of threats after the 2020 presidential election for refusing to overturn results that showed Joe Biden had won the state.In those hectic weeks, she says she also received an especially disturbing piece of information: President Donald Trump suggested in a White House meeting that she should be arrested for treason and executed.

Benson, a Democrat, revealed the alleged remark for the first time in an interview with NBC News. She said she learned of it from a source familiar with Trump's White House meeting.

"It was surreal and I felt sad," Benson said, recalling her reaction.

"It certainly amplified the heightened sense of anxiety, stress and uncertainty of that time — which I still feel in many ways — because it showed there was no bottom to how far he (Trump) and his supporters were willing to stoop to overturn or discredit a legitimate election."
Click to shrink...
Benson, Michigan's secretary of state, is now locked in an election fight with a Republican candidate who parrots Trump's false claims about the 2020 election. In speeches and on her podcast, Kristina Karamo has said the election was "rigged and stolen" and "Secretary of State Benson should go to jail."

I keep waiting for the GOP to split into two parts. The cult, and the people who used to come here and talk about free markets, the government staying out of people's lives...
One could hope they will. I don't really have a problem with moderate Republicans except for their refusal to push back against these nutcases because they're afraid of losing their jobs. At some point you have to hope that they wake up. I really want a country with a left, right, and moderate party who works across the aisle. I'd love to see something like that at some point. But so far, Republicans (aside from a handful like Mitt) are more interested in staying in power than protecting the country.

Trump’s power over the weak-minded and gullible continues bring this country down. He’s a horrible person, was an even worse politician and yet people still follow him. Sad statement for our country.

The Justice Department's entry into this fiasco can be significant. They are looking at the fake state electorate issue in several states which will open the door to nefarious activities. This could shut down some of the nut crazies at the county level we are hearing about.

Trump’s power over the weak-minded and gullible continues bring this country down. He’s a horrible person, was an even worse politician and yet people still follow him. Sad statement for our country.
What's even worse is that he's inspired many other politicians to follow his script. Many are just as dumb and heartless as he is, however there are several who are intelligent, marketable, and as heartless as he is who will take his playbook, try to eliminate all the PR damage Trump continually did to himself, yet implement the same strategy. That is what I fear. There's an entire group of politicians who now no longer feel that a President has to be "Presidential" and that anything goes, even illegal activity. I hope I'm overinflating the danger these nutjobs will do to our system.

Reactions: ft254
The Justice Department's entry into this fiasco can be significant. They are looking at the fake state electorate issue in several states which will open the door to nefarious activities. This could shut down some of the nut crazies at the county level we are hearing about.

Reactions: ft254
I keep waiting for the GOP to split into two parts. The cult, and the people who used to come here and talk about free markets, the government staying out of people's lives...

Some people were not meant to exist. The chaos and havoc this POS wreaked and is continuing to wreak upon this country ranks with the worst in history.

Reactions: hawkjt
ADVERTISEMENT