ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan isn’t the Michigan from 2021

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Are they good or GREAT? I say in between - they are a little suspect as they played 3 of the worst teams in the FBS …Colorado State, Hawaii and UCONN none are world beaters and I am not saying Iowa’s first 4 games was murderers row or anything but a hell of a lot tougher than who Michigan has played … and Maryland isn’t a f’ing juggernaut by any means like Rutgers (with all due respect @MrsScrew) I think that Rutgers will actually surprise a lot of teams this year especially when they get healthier.

Also-It's Michigan's first road game of the season and by far the best defense they've played against so far and probably all SEASON … Yes, Iowa’s defense is absolutely AMAZING LEGIT AWESOME… I love it …..Michigan might also be shorthanded: there's injury concerns with two of its better offensive players in tight end Erick All and running back Donovan Edwards. Both missed the Maryland game and are uncertain for this weekend- will that help Iowa? Yes sir …

Biggest thing is Iowa has to contain that midget Blake Corum … the little bastard that blasted Iowa for a 75 yard touchdown in the BTCG… maybe best thing is to break his leg? (Jk and no I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy) but they need to bottle him up and watch for JJ McCarthy as the kid can legitimately run and scramble-FAST and he’s very able to pass for some huge yardage.

For Iowa to win I think they need to obvious (sure tackling, stout defense, SPECIAL TEAMS make UM start deep into their own territory as much as Tory can pin the offense back. Play turnover free ball and be on the + side of turnovers of course… RUN RUN RUN… get Kaleb Johnson some room to wiggle and he will be one tough SOB to bring down. On 1st down they need to immediately make it 2nd and short (like 2nd and 2 would be beautiful) play nasty as hell defensively… no holds bar play reckless (but smart) also we need to blitz a little more than usual and sick Van Ness and D Craig/ Joe Evans on the edges. I truly like Iowa’s chances in this game as if you don’t think that 39 point drubbing they took in the BTCG isn’t deeply imbedded in their minds you have a screw loose… they will be SKY HIGH for this game and we need the crowd to be absolute ASSHOLES and loud as possible to put Mighty Michigan back to reality… it’s going to be a super tough game but my gut and balls say Iowa is going to pull the W this Saturday by 7/10 points…

GO F’ING HAWKS!!! National Championship or bust @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

This is a joke right? Michigan isn’t bad, but they lost two 1st round picks at DE positions…their defense certainly isn’t “better” at least not right now.
I can tell you that this years is EXACTLY as far along as last years team was at the same time. The question now is will the trajectory continue to be the same. Our 4th game last year we played really bad and damn near lost to Rutgers at home. Think 5 times as bad as we played against Maryland last week Noone knew who David Ojabo even was and very few people were even paying attention to Hutchinson. We'll see....gonna be a bloodbath. Just hope we can find a way

I can tell you that this years is EXACTLY as far along as last years team was at the same time. The question now is will the trajectory continue to be the same. Our 4th game last year we played really bad and damn near lost to Rutgers at home. Think 5 times as bad as we played against Maryland last week Noone knew who David Ojabo even was and very few people were even paying attention to Hutchinson. We'll see....gonna be a bloodbath. Just hope we can find a way
I'd appreciate it if your defense decided to opt out of playing on Saturday.

I know our best in the nation at being the worst offense would appreciate it.....

I think I can deal with the fact he never lost to Iowa
I don't think you can, elbow grease, because he only led them to a 12-9 win over a bad 3-8 football team......that didn't have a Phil Parker-coached defense.

But some people have said Tom has had some of the best luck in the history of sports......

Btw, if Iowa manages to win 9 games this year, Spencer Petras would have more wins than Tom Brady as a starter in college.

I say you do your part and help him get win #15 on Saturday............ ;)

I don't think you can, elbow grease, because he only led them to a 12-9 win over a bad 3-8 football team......that didn't have a Phil Parker-coached defense.

But some people have said Tom has had some of the best luck in the history of sports......

Btw, if Iowa manages to win 9 games this year, Spencer Petras would have more wins than Tom Brady as a starter in college.

Lloyd Carr used Tom Brady as a game manager until his very last game, a meaningless bowl game. Its one of the more untalked about examples of incompetency/ignorance/stubbornness you'll ever see. Lloyd Carr is kind of revered (not by me) so if you bring it up on our board you get the mods and the old schoolers dragging you in the mud but the greatest football player who ever lived was at Michigan for 5 years and never played in the Rose Bowl (played). Never even sniffed a National Title.

So a 3 year starter might end up with more wins than a 2 year starter? Would that make him a wizard?

I think Michigan's offense sucks a lot more than they realize. They certainly aren't a top 10 team nationally.
Besides Ohio State, Alabama, and Georgia, who are the other 7 teams that are better than Michigan based on what you've seen so far?

Besides Ohio State, Alabama, and Georgia, who are the other 7 teams that are better than Michigan based on what you've seen so far?

In no particular order...

Kentucky, Clemson, Tennessee, Penn St., NC State, USC, Oregon have all played teams with a pulse.

Maybe Minnesota, Florida St, Texas A&M, Utah, Baylor, Washington, Ole Miss and Oklahoma St.

...and Iowa, of course.

Reactions: rrdd2021 and BBHawk
In no particular order...

Kentucky, Clemson, Tennessee, Penn St., NC State, USC, Oregon have all played teams with a pulse.

Maybe Minnesota, Florida St, Texas A&M, Utah, Baylor, Washington, Ole Miss and Oklahoma St.

...and Iowa, of course.
Okay, so you're saying those teams have played better competition so they have to be better. Got it

Michigan was 9-4 in 2019 and Kirk's offense only managed 3 pts just like last December. Blue doesn't need to be '21 caliber to dominate Iowa if we get the same pathetic Ferentz and Son offensive performance we have gotten in this game since Brian was anointed OC. I'm hoping 3rd time is a charm there but definitely not holding my breath

Are they good or GREAT? I say in between - they are a little suspect as they played 3 of the worst teams in the FBS …Colorado State, Hawaii and UCONN none are world beaters and I am not saying Iowa’s first 4 games was murderers row or anything but a hell of a lot tougher than who Michigan has played … and Maryland isn’t a f’ing juggernaut by any means like Rutgers (with all due respect @MrsScrew) I think that Rutgers will actually surprise a lot of teams this year especially when they get healthier.

Also-It's Michigan's first road game of the season and by far the best defense they've played against so far and probably all SEASON … Yes, Iowa’s defense is absolutely AMAZING LEGIT AWESOME… I love it …..Michigan might also be shorthanded: there's injury concerns with two of its better offensive players in tight end Erick All and running back Donovan Edwards. Both missed the Maryland game and are uncertain for this weekend- will that help Iowa? Yes sir …

Biggest thing is Iowa has to contain that midget Blake Corum … the little bastard that blasted Iowa for a 75 yard touchdown in the BTCG… maybe best thing is to break his leg? (Jk and no I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy) but they need to bottle him up and watch for JJ McCarthy as the kid can legitimately run and scramble-FAST and he’s very able to pass for some huge yardage.

For Iowa to win I think they need to obvious (sure tackling, stout defense, SPECIAL TEAMS make UM start deep into their own territory as much as Tory can pin the offense back. Play turnover free ball and be on the + side of turnovers of course… RUN RUN RUN… get Kaleb Johnson some room to wiggle and he will be one tough SOB to bring down. On 1st down they need to immediately make it 2nd and short (like 2nd and 2 would be beautiful) play nasty as hell defensively… no holds bar play reckless (but smart) also we need to blitz a little more than usual and sick Van Ness and D Craig/ Joe Evans on the edges. I truly like Iowa’s chances in this game as if you don’t think that 39 point drubbing they took in the BTCG isn’t deeply imbedded in their minds you have a screw loose… they will be SKY HIGH for this game and we need the crowd to be absolute ASSHOLES and loud as possible to put Mighty Michigan back to reality… it’s going to be a super tough game but my gut and balls say Iowa is going to pull the W this Saturday by 7/10 points…

GO F’ING HAWKS!!! National Championship or bust @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset
2021 was an anomoly for MI under Harbaugh. And they STILL got blitzed in their last game. The only time MI won their last game of the year under Harbaugh was with an ex-Iowa QB, and that was Jimmy's first year coaching there. 🤣

If I had to rank the opponents for both teams, it would go:

Maryland
ISU
Rutgers
SDSU
Nevada
UCONN
Colorado State
Hawaii

Michigan’s OOC did them no favors. Literally worthless opponents.

So a 3 year starter might end up with more wins than a 2 year starter? Would that make him a wizard?
Glad you responded with what I exactly knew you would respond with........ :D

And yes, he very well could end up with more wins.

And if you don't like it, then maybe Michigan and/or Brady should've maybe played more than 2 years as the starter?........

That's a you problem. :cool:

it's not if UM turns the ball over, they will, but where on the field and under what circumstances..if it is a pick 6 or scoop and score, or deep in UM territory, it's meaningful..otherwise, you're still relying on iowa's offense to move the ball...this game will be won or lost depending on UM's offensive coordinator's, KISS, UM doesn't need to air it out 40 times to beat iowa...

Michigan is better. Huge upgrade at QB. Return almost everyone that trounced Iowa in Big Ten Championship Game

This is a joke right? Michigan isn’t bad, but they lost two 1st round picks at DE positions…their defense certainly isn’t “better” at least not right now.

Yeah, they lost several players off that defense. Offense certainly looks more explosive with McCarthy over Cade but far from sold that the defense is better.

There are opportunities if Iowa can pick their moments right. This feels a bit like 2018 PSU going in to me, where they dominated the stat sheet but Iowa hung around due to turnovers, being efficient in offense. If hooker were an inch taller we win that game.

Definitely think we have a punchers chance but offense HAS to score when they have chances; we can’t have 3 points off two trips inside the 10 like we did in the b10 title game last year. As bad as that game turned out, East to forget we should have had 14 points in the first quarter and defense held them to 21 points before finally wearing down in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT