ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan isn’t the Michigan from 2021

Glad you responded with what I exactly knew you would respond with........ :D

And yes, he very well could end up with more wins.

And if you don't like it, then maybe Michigan and/or Brady should've maybe played more than 2 years as the starter?........

That's a you problem. :cool:
To be clear, Michigan’s "you problem" is that we had a guy a couple classes ahead of him who ended up being 1st team All B10, won us a NC, got picked in the 3rd round, was a multiple year NFL starter and even went to a Pro Bowl? Thus Brady had to wait his turn?

That's kind of a great "you problem" to have

Vegas has BLUE as 11pt favs for a reason.
On paper no contest
Wish this was a nite game.
We truly need some Kinnick magic to pull the upset.

Reactions: mazda1
Glad you responded with what I exactly knew you would respond with........ :D

And yes, he very well could end up with more wins.

And if you don't like it, then maybe Michigan and/or Brady should've maybe played more than 2 years as the starter?........

That's a you problem. :cool:
2020-12-29_10-35-00.jpg

To be clear, Michigan’s "you problem" is that we had a guy a couple classes ahead of him who ended up being 1st team All B10, won us a NC, got picked in the 3rd round, was a multiple year NFL starter and even went to a Pro Bowl? Thus Brady had to wait his turn?

Not if you're Tom Brady, who may not end up with as many wins a Spencer Petras.

Again, perhaps he should've played better, or not lost one of those 5 games in his career as a starter.

Actions have consequences, ebola........actions have consequences. :cool:

2021 was an anomoly for MI under Harbaugh. And they STILL got blitzed in their last game. The only time MI won their last game of the year under Harbaugh was with an ex-Iowa QB, and that was Jimmy's first year coaching there. 🤣
To be fair, Georgia blitzed Alabama in the championship game and had one of the greatest defenses ever.

I'm just so glad we don't have to see Hutchinson vs Plumb this year. I also think that L. Williams and Johnson are better suited against a team like Michigan than Goodson was.
I would include a healthy G Williams in that group, too. I'm just not sure he's there yet.

Reactions: squeezebox
Besides Ohio State, Alabama, and Georgia, who are the other 7 teams that are better than Michigan based on what you've seen so far?
Probably aren’t many. Texas and USC have the talent, but maybe Michigan beats Texas…. Listen, Iowa is basically top shelf defense wise, 50 cent rack at the Goodwill on offense

Yeah, they lost several players off that defense. Offense certainly looks more explosive with McCarthy over Cade but far from sold that the defense is better.

There are opportunities if Iowa can pick their moments right. This feels a bit like 2018 PSU going in to me, where they dominated the stat sheet but Iowa hung around due to turnovers, being efficient in offense. If hooker were an inch taller we win that game.

Definitely think we have a punchers chance but offense HAS to score when they have chances; we can’t have 3 points off two trips inside the 10 like we did in the b10 title game last year. As bad as that game turned out, East to forget we should have had 14 points in the first quarter and defense held them to 21 points before finally wearing down in the 4th.
That’s why they play 4 quarters.

Michigan was 9-4 in 2019 and Kirk's offense only managed 3 pts just like last December. Blue doesn't need to be '21 caliber to dominate Iowa if we get the same pathetic Ferentz and Son offensive performance we have gotten in this game since Brian was anointed OC. I'm hoping 3rd time is a charm there but definitely not holding my breath
With Spencer Petras at quarterback, all bets are off.

Iowa can’t just rely on their defense and special teams to beat Michigan. The offense is going to have to move the chains and put points on the board. Whether Michigan 2022 is not as good as Michigan 2021 is irrelevant, because Michigan is by far and away the most talented defense Iowa will have faced so far this season. And, like it or not, Iowa is even more one-dimensional on offense than last year’s squad. Oh, not to mention the OL is still terrible and Spencer Petras is still Spencer Petras.

It will take a small miracle for Iowa to beat Michigan Saturday.

I'm just so glad we don't have to see Hutchinson vs Plumb this year. I also think that L. Williams and Johnson are better suited against a team like Michigan than Goodson was.
Greatest line of 2021 from a reporter was Dochterman saying Plumb was going to have more air time than any of the draftees.

Ahhhhh Mr Spelling Bee winner from the 4th grade

Harbaugh is 4-3 vs Iowa (as a player and coach), but has never won at Kinnick.
Exactly...Michigan is also 0-4 the last four times they have come to Kinnick. Once again...I think the key to the game is whether Iowa can keep the ball on offense and not just go three and out every possession. Time of possession is important. Hopefully we get a short field with a turnover, but we have to be able to move the chains and rest our defense. Here's the thing, if you can keep Michigan to fewer possessions either through turnovers or your offense executing sustained drives...you can beat them. If you give them too many chances...they will hit a few big plays and it becomes infinitely harder to beat them.

Exactly...Michigan is also 0-4 the last four times they have come to Kinnick. Once again...I think the key to the game is whether Iowa can keep the ball on offense and not just go three and out every possession. Time of possession is important. Hopefully we get a short field with a turnover, but we have to be able to move the chains and rest our defense. Here's the thing, if you can keep Michigan to fewer possessions either through turnovers or your offense executing sustained drives...you can beat them. If you give them too many chances...they will hit a few big plays and it becomes infinitely harder to beat them.

Iowa can definitely win. This is after all college football: anything can happen.

But I would say the game in December is more important as to a partial predictor than the last four games in Kinnick going back to 2009.

I think Iowa's D and the crowd will rattle the young QB in his first road start. This sets up very similar to 2016, only Iowa's D and punt team are better. We'll see, but could be a Kinnick special with a very unexpected result. Go Hawks!

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I don't think you can, elbow grease, because he only led them to a 12-9 win over a bad 3-8 football team......that didn't have a Phil Parker-coached defense.

But some people have said Tom has had some of the best luck in the history of sports......

Btw, if Iowa manages to win 9 games this year, Spencer Petras would have more wins than Tom Brady as a starter in college.

I say you do your part and help him get win #15 on Saturday............ ;)
I wouldn't say luck, He's a known cheater.

ADVERTISEMENT