ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Med school tells leftist cancel mob fascists to suck it.

Blind support of Donald Trump and lying about how she voted for healthcare.

If you are going to vote against healthcare at least stand up and tell the truth and give us the reasons you voted against it. Don't try to overturn the ACA and replace it with nothing and pretend like you didn't just do that thing you clearly did.

Also being a house rep and not a senator or president she would have little influence on the abortion question anyways. So voting for the D for house rep is an easier choice since the house won't influence it.

Blind support of Donald Trump and lying about how she voted for healthcare.

If you are going to vote against healthcare at least stand up and tell the truth and give us the reasons you voted against it. Don't try to overturn the ACA and replace it with nothing and pretend like you didn't just do that thing you clearly did.

Also being a house rep and not a senator or president she would have little influence on the abortion question anyways. So voting for the D for house rep is an easier choice since the house won't influence it.
Sigh. Ok.

Sigh. Ok.

Again when I vote I often feel like I have to balance competing priorities so what has entered my mind in the past is how much influence this person has on each side. Also things that enter my mind is if they have shown any willingness to negotiate or compromise to get things done and if the have shown themselves to be honorable, honest, forthright and willing to govern in good faith.

Right now most of the Republican party save for a few completely fails at the last part. Donald Trump is their God and I will not back someone like that. If you can look at what happened on Jan 6th and not see a coup attempt or just don't care that there was a coup attempt by the former president, I'm not voting for you.

Voting no on impeaching Donald Trump the 2nd time or voting acquit him the 2nd time is a complete deal breaker for me. No one who voted that way should be in power again.

Reactions: Tom Paris
The pro-life movement doesn't do any of these things.

A majority of individual pro-lifers may but the movement isn't necessarily defined by that.

And I don't speak for the majority of people who say they are pro-life and they don't speak for me. If you want to attack the hypocrisy being for life for the unborn but not showing compassion after it's born you are free to do that. Quite frankly I will join you in attacking that hypocrisy.

But their hypocrisy is not MY hypocrisy.

This is exactly why I don't protest or join any groups. Because I get painted into a box, that because I agree with them on one issue I somehow by morality get lumped in with every issue they believe in.

I think for myself and I speak for myself.

The exact opposite happens if I advocate for universal healthcare or whatever liberal issue. Some stupid right winger paints me into the box thinking I support abortions and trans men playing women's sports.
How many children have you adopted? It’s that simple. You either value the lives of all that you consider children or you pick and choose the lives that have value to you. You’re advocating for adding tens of thousands of children every year to a foster system that is already stressed beyond its limits. If you’re not willing to mitigate that - in a big way - sorry, you’re a hypocrite. Have those babies…let somebody else bear the burden of them.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Again when I vote I often feel like I have to balance competing priorities so what has entered my mind in the past is how much influence this person has on each side. Also things that enter my mind is if they have shown any willingness to negotiate or compromise to get things done and if the have shown themselves to be honorable, honest, forthright and willing to govern in good faith.

Right now most of the Republican party save for a few completely fails at the last part. Donald Trump is their God and I will not back someone like that. If you can look at what happened on Jan 6th and not see a coup attempt or just don't care that there was a coup attempt by the former president, I'm not voting for you.

Voting no on impeaching Donald Trump the 2nd time or voting acquit him the 2nd time is a complete deal breaker for me. No one who voted that way should be in power again.
I hope more on the right start to think like you do then. I'm not confident that will happen.

How many children have you adopted? It’s that simple. You either value the lives of all that you consider children or you pick and choose the lives that have value to you. You’re advocating for adding tens of thousands of children every year to a foster system that is already stressed beyond its limits. If you’re not willing to mitigate that - in a big way - sorry, you’re a hypocrite. Have those babies…let somebody else bear the burden of them.

I'm willing to mitigate that via taxes. I'm not in a financial position to adopt a child.

And being alive in Foster care is better then not being alive.

I'm willing to mitigate that via taxes. I'm not in a financial position to adopt a child.

But you are a man of faith. How could being alive in horrible circumstances be better than being in heaven?

And that puts us right back in the individual versus collective responsibility arena. Your stance on abortion is an individual choice but your stance on those already born is collective. And, as I indicated earlier, not being in a viable financial position to adopt is no excuse if you require others to endure pregnancies they can’t afford and have babies they are in no financial position to raise.

BYW, your claim to being willing to accept first trimester abortions is also very problematic. Around 90% of all abortions in this country occur in that time frame and a certain percentage of the rest are for the legitimate safety of the mother or for other compelling reasons. My little sister had an abortion late in the second trimester when it was discovered that her fetus had extensive birth defects, might not survive to birth, and certainly wouldn’t survive more than a few days after. So you’re willing to deny that huge majority access to a safe procedure to punish the few who use it for reasons you find abhorrent.

Last edited:
1. I wore a mask for 2 years during COVID while no one else in my office wore one.

2. I didn't wear a Trump mask mostly because I think he's a terrible person with whom I would not want to be associated. I did not vote for him in 2016 or 2020.

3. I support the Affordable Care Act up until we implement universal healthcare

4. I am pro-life for the whole life

prolife+list-372w.jpg
You and I could get along. We don't agree with everything but we could totally have a real conversation and I would respect your point of view even though I disagree on some aspect. I should qualify, when I say "you" I don't literally always mean you specifically but more illustrating my point of what I've encountered in regards to patients.

And that puts us right back in the individual versus collective responsibility arena. Your stance on abortion is an individual choice but your stance on those already born is collective. And, as I indicated earlier, not being in a viable financial position to adopt is no excuse if you require others to endure pregnancies they can’t afford and have babies they are in no financial position to raise.

BYW, your claim to being willing to accept first trimester abortions is also very problematic. Around 90% of all abortions in this country occur in that time frame and a certain percentage of the rest are for the legitimate safety of the mother or for other compelling reasons. My little sister had an abortion late in the second trimester when it was discovered that her fetus had extensive birth defects, might not survive to birth, and certainly wouldn’t survive more than a few days after. So you’re willing to deny that huge majority access to a safe procedure to punish the few who use it for reasons you find abhorrent.

The few? Every survey that has been done shows the vast majority of abortions occur because of some version of "I don't want a kid right now."

The ones you are talking about are RARE and legitimate exceptions can be written around them.

And they can turn over their children to the state or put them up for adoption. The state caring for them qualifies as collective responsibility. Adoption or keeping their child is the choice of the parents.

He can’t afford it. I’ve told him this for a decade. Next do starving children all over the planet. He’ll have an answer for that too.

The few? Every survey that has been done shows the vast majority of abortions occur because of some version of "I don't want a kid right now."

The ones you are talking about are RARE and legitimate exceptions can be written around them.

And they can turn over their children to the state or put them up for adoption. The state caring for them qualifies as collective responsibility. Adoption or keeping their child is the choice of the parents.
A few - I believe he’s talking about post first trimester abortions. Women aren’t simply changing their minds at 6 months.

I'm pretty sure nearly every foster kid isn't suicidal.
Do you acknowledge that there are many children born into situations that make their existence horrible? If so, being a man of faith, is it better they live in those situations or have eternal life in Heaven? If not - really?

What do you think would have happened to the good doctor if she was indeed “canceled”? Gulag? Two to the back of the head? Or would she just not come to Michigan and go back to work on Monday? Love the way you guys reach with this flimsy “both sides” BS.
Funny how people that have escaped fascist countries would say yes eventually that is exactly what happens. The people that have lived through it and come to our country to escape are ringing the alarm bells that this type of behavior is exactly how it starts

Funny how people that have escaped fascist countries would say yes eventually that is exactly what happens. The people that have lived through it and come to our country to escape are ringing the alarm bells that this type of behavior is exactly how it starts

And of course we tell them to mind their own business and go back to their own country if things are so bad here. Americans don’t hate anyone like they hate someone who knows what they’re talking about.

Oh...so NOW you're saying that even in the first trimester there can be no abortions without extreme circumstances. That's quite a bit of a walk-back from being able to vote for a politician who supports first-trimester abortions. As for "I don't want a kid right now"...
I'm not in a financial position to adopt a child.
Wow. You're more than willing to force women - and children - to have tens of thousands of unwanted babies that THEY can't afford, turn them over to the state, stuff them into an already overwhelmed system...but YOU can't be bothered to take even one of them in because....finances.

You are seriously making yourself look bad here.

Oh...so NOW you're saying that even in the first trimester there can be no abortions without extreme circumstances. That's quite a bit of a walk-back from being able to vote for a politician who supports first-trimester abortions. As for "I don't want a kid right now"...

Wow. You're more than willing to force women - and children - to have tens of thousands of unwanted babies that THEY can't afford, turn them over to the state, stuff them into an already overwhelmed system...but YOU can't be bothered to take even one of them in because....finances.

You are seriously making yourself look bad here.

Killing children is not the answer to these problems.

And I seriously doubt anyone would even allow us to adopt a child because we have 5 people in a 900 square foot home.

Killing children is not the answer to these problems.

And I seriously doubt anyone would even allow us to adopt a child because we have 5 people in a 900 square foot home.
That's just another cop-out. There are a lot of homes in this country that size or smaller with more people living in them. You're making the same "excuses" that women seeking abortions use...the difference is they have to live with the consequences of YOUR choice. You have zero skin in the game so your stance is simple and you have no answers to the problems referenced above because you don't need answers.

To me it's killing children. They have the beginnings of a brain that will develop for 25 years.
And to me, they are not. Your position is based on religion, mine is based on science. There is no ability to survive before 20 weeks. That's not a living human.

But this is the crux of the issue - the Christian right wants a human life to be defined at conception and they are a minority. Why is their position the one being followed? Because of the political influence the Christian Right has over our lawmakers and judges.

And to me, they are not. Your position is based on religion, mine is based on science. There is no ability to survive before 20 weeks. That's not a living human.

But this is the crux of the issue - the Christian right wants a human life to be defined at conception and they are a minority. Why is their position the one being followed? Because of the political influence the Christian Right has over our lawmakers and judges.
You sound sciency

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT