ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Med school tells leftist cancel mob fascists to suck it.

We have. . . not every single one of us but far more than your group.

Christians. According to EthicsDaily.com, 5 percent of practicing Christians in the United States have adopted, which is more than twice the number of all adults who have adopted. In addition, a survey showed that 38 percent of practicing Christians had seriously considered adoption, while only 26 percent of all adults had.

3) Practicing Christians are more than twice as likely to adopt than the general population.

While Christians have built a reputation for many of the things they are against, adoption and foster care are emerging as a cause they are for. While only 2% of all Americans have adopted, this rises to 5% among practicing Christians. Practicing Christians are much more likely than others to have seriously considered adoption—38% of practicing Christians say they have, compared to 26% of all adults.
Correct, but still well short of what is needed to match the number of kids in the system. A system which has historically been chronically underfunded, undermanned and prone to abuse.

Correct, but still well short of what is needed to match the number of kids in the system. A system which has historically been chronically underfunded, undermanned and prone to abuse.
And only whispers of any support for reforming those programs compared to the bullhorn of anti-abortion. So ****ing hypocritical.

Reactions: Tom Paris
And I'm sorry but "listening"? Seriously? Who isn't listening to those with different views here? No abortions allowed...EVEN in cases of rape or incest. Even if the victim of those crimes is a CHILD! You better clean up your own mess before you speak to others.
Then add the fact at pro-life, lol, people like Hoosier want the doctor to let a woman, who needs an abortion to save her life, suffer to the point of possible death in order to attempt to save her life. You’re not on the right side of “life” if that’s what one supports. You’re not on the right side of “life” if you force girls to give birth to their rapist’s child. You’re right, they need to clean up their mess. Then maybe they can take a look at the “life” of the hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care. Then the thousands of American kids who are homeless. Then the kids living in poverty.

Yeah let’s add a million more kids a year to that. Sure. Life. Lol.

Then add the fact at pro-life, lol, people like Hoosier want the doctor to let a woman, who needs an abortion to save her life, suffer to the point of possible death in order to attempt to save her life. You’re not on the right side of “life” if that’s what one supports. You’re not on the right side of “life” if you force girls to give birth to their rapist’s child. You’re right, they need to clean up their mess. Then maybe they can take a look at the “life” of the hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care. Then the thousands of American kids who are homeless. Then the kids living in poverty.

Yeah let’s add a million more kids a year to that. Sure. Life. Lol.

I didn't say suffer to the point of possible death. If the doctors can agree that there is no medical way this is going to end well they can do the abortion. You don't have to wait around for it to be an emergency. None of the laws say that either. The problem is in the medical field's interpretation.

Let me know when a doctor has actually been charged and convicted for giving a life saving abortion.

Sure and we need to work on those problems. You will find no bigger advocate than me on increasing funding for children, especially those who are the most vulnerable such as those in poverty.

But I don't think the fix for those problems is killing unborn children.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Wow that was an extremely detailed and well thought out counter argument. That's almost as good as Lincoln's famous counter to Stephen Douglas when he said "Nuh Uh"
It's simple and to the point. You are wrong and it's been explained many times by me and others. You try to excuse it with absurd and incorrect comparisons. You care about an unborn fetus far more than those born into poverty or worse. You care nothing about the women forced to give birth against their will. It's shameful - especially for someone who claims to be a Christian.

Sure and we need to work on those problems. You will find no bigger advocate than me on increasing funding for children, especially those who are the most vulnerable such as those in poverty.

But I don't think the fix for those problems is killing unborn children.
Bullshit - you give mere lip service to those issues while hammering on abortion. If you really cared about those things they would be top on your priority list but they're not anywhere in sight.

Bullshit - you give mere lip service to those issues while hammering on abortion. If you really cared about those things they would be top on your priority list but they're not anywhere in sight.

How do you know what my priority list looks like?

I've advocated on here multiple times for universal healthcare and not just in abortion threads. I've defended universal healthcare just as strongly as I'm defending this. Shoot I even know which system I'd like to copy and that's Germany's system. They have some of the highest number of doctors per capita, hospital beds per capita, and ICU beds per capita and lowest wait times in the developed world. All of which are superior to our numbers. Furthermore their life expectancy is better and their maternal death rate is far lower.

The last 4 years I've voted for exclusively for candidates who advocated increasing healthcare access for the poor.

I believe both that everyone deserves access to healthcare and that all children should be born when they don't put their mother's lives at great risk. You don't take life except to save life.

Granted I've never marched for it but I've never marched against abortion either. Quite frankly I just don't do marches and protests. I have multiple reasons for this mostly because I feel like doing so would box me in with a political party I don't want to be boxed in with and because I don't think they change anyone's minds.

Not my fault you can't see beyond simple blue or red. I think for myself, I don't let some political party do my thinking for me. I've made that mistake in the past trying to fit in with both sides and I just decided that I quit doing that.

I'm voting for D's exclusively right now because the Republicans seem to make the vote not want to matter. That and the last R president was also historically incompetent and ignorant.

Last edited:

I've advocated on here multiple times for universal healthcare and not just in abortion threads. I've defended universal healthcare just as strongly as I'm defending this.

The last 4 years I've voted for exclusively for candidates who advocated increasing healthcare access for the poor.

I believe both that everyone deserves access to healthcare and that all children should be born when they don't put their mother's lives at great risk.

Not my fault you can't see beyond simple blue or red.
Observation.

It's laughable that you think you've defended programs to aid children of the poverty stricken and worse.

The students are supposed to be held against their will. Because otherwise, it's fascism.
Are you, and everyone who liked your post, this stupid or just ignorant? Don’t even care about any of the other arguments, but this might have been the dumbest post of the year, if that was your take on this article.

Observation.

It's laughable that you think you've defended programs to aid children of the poverty stricken and worse.

I advocated for Universal healthcare. . . My first post is #47 I also posted in post #51, I specifically advocated for Germany's system in post 57.

I advocated making the advanced Child tax credit permanent, Post #15, 17, and 21.

I could run deeper search but I feel like I've made my point.

Just because universal healthcare and child tax credits are not the topic dujour doesn't mean that I havn't very strongly advocated for them in the past.

Last edited:
I advocated for Universal healthcare. . . My first post is #47

I advocated making the advanced Child tax credit permanent, Post #15.

I could run deeper search but I feel like I've made my point.

Just because universal healthcare and child tax credits are not the topic dujour doesn't mean that I havn't very strongly advocated for them in the past.
Like I said, lip service while hammering on abortion.

Ummm...whut? Why would a "deformity" matter? Is that not God's "plan"? Who are you to question that? And referring to an 8-week-old fetus as a "child" is a clear indication that you aren't open to any discussion on the matter. Forcing a 14-year-old child to carry a pregnancy to term - regardless of the source - is barbaric. Period.

Given your beliefs, if a ten-year-old can carry a pregnancy to term, who are YOU to decide that the "child" in the womb of an actual child deserves to die? Your stance is riddled with inconsistencies.

Here's your challenge. There are thousands of actual children in foster care in your state...wherever that is. EVERY SINGLE PERSON down to the age of, let's say 10, who opposes abortion or whose parents oppose abortion should enter a registry and when their name comes up they have to adopt a child. No right of refusal. What you get is what you get. You get zero support for that child unless you go on public assistance. It's going to impact your life? Too bad. You can't afford it? Too bad. Your own child isn't remotely close to being ready to parent a child of their own? Too bad. That is EXACTLY what you're forcing on others.

Until the hypocrites take care of the children already born, FULLY care for them, they've got no business talking about what others should do regarding childbirth.
Yahtzee!!

Except I'm not forcing parenting on them, they can put their children up for adoption. This is preferable.

As for the deformity I'm considering it verses risk. While the risk of delivering a child is small especially if you have proper medical care (which if I had my way we'd have universal healthcare and that wouldn't be an issue.) I would argue that small risk is not necessarily worth it if the child can not live more than a few weeks.

A 10 year old is at an exceptionally high risk which might warrant it.
You kind of are…but not as much as the rapist is.

I wouldn't call it brainwashed so much as it's a problem all over this country that people hold one another in distain due to having different views on a topic.

The impact of social media on the vulnerably minded over the last two decades has been a sight to behold. It has really impacted how people process information and socialize with others.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
We have. . . not every single one of us but far more than your group.

Christians. According to EthicsDaily.com, 5 percent of practicing Christians in the United States have adopted, which is more than twice the number of all adults who have adopted. In addition, a survey showed that 38 percent of practicing Christians had seriously considered adoption, while only 26 percent of all adults had.

3) Practicing Christians are more than twice as likely to adopt than the general population.

While Christians have built a reputation for many of the things they are against, adoption and foster care are emerging as a cause they are for. While only 2% of all Americans have adopted, this rises to 5% among practicing Christians. Practicing Christians are much more likely than others to have seriously considered adoption—38% of practicing Christians say they have, compared to 26% of all adults.
Why should WE have to? We aren’t the ones clamoring for every fetus to be born. You are. We aren’t the ones who are pushing policy that will put more children into poverty.

Like I said, lip service while hammering on abortion.

You can think whatever you like. You've clearly decided that I'm a secret MAGA or whatever and even posts going back years showing me advocating for expanded child tax credits and universal healthcare arn't changing your mind than nothing will.

I didn't say suffer to the point of possible death. If the doctors can agree that there is no medical way this is going to end well they can do the abortion. You don't have to wait around for it to be an emergency. None of the laws say that either. The problem is in the medical field's interpretation.

Let me know when a doctor has actually been charged and convicted for giving a life saving abortion.
That’s not what is happening though. That’s not what the laws being put in place are saying. The life of the fetus is more valuable than the brood mare…by law. Yeah, not pro life.

Why should WE have to? We aren’t the ones clamoring for every fetus to be born. You are. We aren’t the ones who are pushing policy that will put more children into poverty.

Those children where there before Roe was overturned too.

That’s not what is happening though. That’s not what the laws being put in place are saying. The life of the fetus is more valuable than the brood mare…by law. Yeah, not pro life.

They don't say that. Show me text in law that says that. Every law allows abortion when the mother's life is at risk.

Maybe some need to clarify things a bit because there still may be questions of interpretation. But all have language allowing abortion if the mother's life is in jeopardy.

I've advocated on here multiple times for universal healthcare and not just in abortion threads. I've defended universal healthcare just as strongly as I'm defending this. Shoot I even know which system I'd like to copy and that's Germany's system. They have some of the highest number of doctors per capita, hospital beds per capita, and ICU beds per capita and lowest wait times in the developed world. All of which are superior to our numbers. Furthermore their life expectancy is better and their maternal death rate is far lower.

I believe both that everyone deserves access to healthcare and that all children should be born when they don't put their mother's lives at great risk. You don't take life except to save life.

Granted I've never marched for it but I've never marched against abortion either. Quite frankly I just don't do marches and protests. I have multiple reasons for this mostly because I feel like doing so would box me in with a political party I don't want to be boxed in with and because I don't think they change anyone's minds.

Not my fault you can't see beyond simple blue or red. I think for myself, I don't let some political party do my thinking for me. I've made that mistake in the past trying to fit in with both sides and I just decided that I quit doing that.

I'm voting for D's exclusively right now because the Republicans seem to make the vote not want to matter. That and the last R president was also historically incompetent and ignorant.
This is not an “I” issue. It is an issue for the “pro-life” movement to which you ostensibly belong. Abortion is at the top of your list and everything else is not just secondary but entirely missing. You do NOT elect people to Congress who advocate for those actually living people. In fact, you collectively do the exact opposite. You elect “bootstraps“ people who would cut all public assistance to the bone. People who would end the ACA with no replacement and end affordable health insurance for millions. People who oppose the very measures PROVEN to reduce the numbers of unplanned pregnancies. The “pro-life” movement is as hypocritical as it’s possible to be. As I said, clean up your own house first. Then let’s talk.

For as long as I have been arguing this topic, with him, for years, he’s always been on the side of the fetus over the born. I think there is evidence in the Ukraine thread iirc.

Reactions: sober_teacher
This is not an “I” issue. It is an issue for the “pro-life” movement to which you ostensibly belong. Abortion is at the top of your list and everything else is not just secondary but entirely missing. You do NOT elect people to Congress who advocate for those actually living people. In fact, you collectively do the exact opposite. You elect “bootstraps“ people who would cut all public assistance to the bone. People who would end the ACA with no replacement and end affordable health insurance for millions. People who oppose the very measures PROVEN to reduce the numbers of unplanned pregnancies. The “pro-life” movement is as hypocritical as it’s possible to be. As I said, clean up your own house first. Then let’s talk.

The pro-life movement doesn't do any of these things.

A majority of individual pro-lifers may but the movement isn't necessarily defined by that.

And I don't speak for the majority of people who say they are pro-life and they don't speak for me. If you want to attack the hypocrisy being for life for the unborn but not showing compassion after it's born you are free to do that. Quite frankly I will join you in attacking that hypocrisy.

But their hypocrisy is not MY hypocrisy.

This is exactly why I don't protest or join any groups. Because I get painted into a box, that because I agree with them on one issue I somehow by morality get lumped in with every issue they believe in.

I think for myself and I speak for myself.

The exact opposite happens if I advocate for universal healthcare or whatever liberal issue. Some stupid right winger paints me into the box thinking I support abortions and trans men playing women's sports.

• Haha
Point missed.

They where there while Roe was in place needing to be cared for and the non-religious group was under-represented in actually caring for them.

Personally I this sort of pissing match is unproductive.

I prefer to talk about policies, the ethics of those policies and the results. Not a pissing match as to if you or whatever group you belong to have done enough for society.

It's unproductive and it defames good deeds if you start having to tell everyone about the good deeds you've done.

Last edited:
I don't think a speaker with credentials should be barred because his point of view is contraversial.

If we don't want to hear other viewpoints, aren't you missing out in college?

You can think whatever you like. You've clearly decided that I'm a secret MAGA or whatever and even posts going back years showing me advocating for expanded child tax credits and universal healthcare arn't changing your mind than nothing will.
It's no secret that you are far right wing, if not MAGA. And again, your advocation for healthcare and tax credits are whispers. I don't believe you would vote for someone who is pro-choice, tax credit and universal healthcare vs someone who is anti-abortion, against tax credits and universal healthcare.

They where there while Roe was in place needing to be cared for and the non-religious group was under-represented in actually caring for them.

Personally I this sort of pissing match is unproductive.

I prefer to talk about policies, the ethics of those policies and the results. Not a pissing match as to if you or whatever group you belong to have done enough for society.

It's unproductive and it defames good deeds if you start having to tell everyone about the good deeds you've done.
You're the one who brought it up.

For as long as I have been arguing this topic, with him, for years, he’s always been on the side of the fetus over the born. I think there is evidence in the Ukraine thread iirc.

I will give him credit for at least being consistent in his stance on abortion. I disagree, but at least he has been consistent and doesn’t offer up absurd hypotheticals like some posters do, like in the Voter ID thread.

I will give him credit for at least being consistent in his stance on abortion. I disagree, but at least he has been consistent and doesn’t offer up absurd hypotheticals like some posters do, like in the Voter ID thread.
C'mon - he tried to compare the risk of driving to work to the risk of childbirth and that you are forced to go to work. He has spun and stretched things a great deal.

It's no secret that you are far right wing, if not MAGA. And again, your advocation for healthcare and tax credits are whispers. I don't believe you would vote for someone who is pro-choice, tax credit and universal healthcare vs someone who is anti-abortion, against tax credits and universal healthcare.

Really so I've been lying about my voting the whole time? Whatever

For the record this is the party I would like to be voting for if one of our parties wasn't busy trying to overthrow democracy.

But I guess we're all just secret MAGA's secretly voting for the orange buffoon because the idea that someone might not fall into either party doesn't compute with your simplistic thinking.

What?

I've said multiple times in this thread and many other that I've been voting for Democrats.

You think I'm lying about that?
I would say no even though it goes against your posting history. I suggested a specific scenario where I believe you would choose anti-abortion above the tax credits and universal healthcare. I've been wrong before but your posting here and other threads makes me think I am not.

C'mon - he tried to compare the risk of driving to work to the risk of childbirth and that you are forced to go to work. He has spun and stretched things a great deal.
I will say I agree with Hoosier 95% of the time. However we are on opposite ends of this topic. Always have been.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I would say no even though it goes against your posting history. I suggested a specific scenario where I believe you would choose anti-abortion above the tax credits and universal healthcare. I've been wrong before but your posting here and other threads makes me think I am not.

Prior to the Republicans trying to overthrow democracy the way I handled these things was either voting for a 3rd party or to base my vote based which is more likely to deliver the things I wanted while doing the least damage given the current political situation.

It was not always easy. I did have a pro-life Dem house rep and later senator named Joe Donnelly that made things easier when it came to that office.

When John Gregg ran for governor of Indiana in 2012 and 2016 saying he was pro-life but wasn't into legislating the culture wars I took him at his word and voted for him. He wasn't elected so I have no idea what he would have done if the legislature gave him a piece of legislation banning or restricting abortion. That said Holcomb has somewhat surprised me as a governor and tried to keep mask mandates in place until the legislature took that power away from him and overrode his veto of the bill.

Honestly even if the Republicans where not trying to undo democracy if any dem showed a slight bit of moderation on this issue such as saying legal in the 1st trimester, illegal after that I would have likely voted for them without thought.

Last edited:
Prior to the Republicans trying to overthrow democracy the way I handled these things was either voting for a 3rd party or to base my vote based which is more likely to deliver the things I wanted while doing the least damage given the current political situation.

It was not always easy. I did have a pro-life Dem house rep and later senator named Joe Donnelly that made things easier when it came to that office.

When John Gregg ran for governor of Indiana in 2012 and 2016 saying he was pro-life but wasn't into legislating the culture wars I took him at his word and voted for him.
Those examples kind of prove my point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT