ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan/MSU ejection

UNIowaHawk

HB Legend
Jul 22, 2011
What a complete joke. They reviewed and still threw the guy out.

If you missed it, the MSU QB slid, the MSU lineman threw the Michigan guy on the QB and he got called for Personal Foul Targeting and was ejected.

I was shocked that it was upheld after review. The guy was blocked into it. There was no malice at all.

Targeting is such a subjective call with such a draconion penalty. It needs to be either overhauled or gotten rid of.

Plus MSU was struggling to get the right people on the field and in the huddle one of their linemen went down injured magically as time was running out. He returned shortly thereafter.

Maybe call late hit which I think it would have been a stretch but targeting what a joke. Blocked into the qb. Hate the targeting rule where you kick a player out. Should a wr be kicked out for a crack back block hitting someone high too? Just a bs rule.

That was one of the worst calls in the history of college football. Remember the Pitt hit under Beathard's chin?! NOTHING was called. Nada. The "hit" today was barely a love tap. And the fact that it was upheld after review was so totally bogus it's hard to find the words to describe it.

This is where the NCAA needs clarification on this rule.

Im sorry but there is going to be "incidental contact" in football. I mean that guy was being blocked and was actually blocked into the play and yes their helmets hit. I mean if a runner is running and he lowers his head and both the tackler & RB hit, isn't that targeting?

The "Targeting" rule needs to be in place for "BIG" hits. The guys who are trying the light up an opponent. This crap needs to be ignored and let go. Its football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT