ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State Play by Play

May starts 3rd period down and escapes to trail 2-5.
Half shots and swipes and collar ties and snaps, but no scoring.
Circling and Jake gets to the leg, elevates, hips in but May does good job escaping the attempt.
Heavy hands and level changes.
May drops to his knee but Jake blocks it.
Very defensive battle.
May picks up the action and Jake shoots.
Jake wins 5-2.
Iowa leads 28-3.

Warner
First Period
Single att by Warner
Now in on a single and MSU defends
MSU goes single and a ROLL from Warner lol
He takes it through and gets two 2-0 and OOB with 1:43 to go
Riding hard, and returns OOB
Warner goes optional and releases - immediately in on a single but MSU sits through the back trip and defends
Low single by Warner - brings it up and gets two they go OOB - 4-1 :20 to go
Up and OOB Warner breaks him down rides him out. 4-1

Second
Warner on bottom and up and out for one
Half shot by MSU - drag attempt by Warner and another half shot by MSU
SIngle by Warner and MSU defends
Low single by MSU and Warner draped up over the top SM called
:30 to go still 5-1 some handfighting and half shots close out the second

Third
MSU up and out for 1 and it's 5-2 Warner
Half shots by both guys now a single by Warner MSU defends
Another couple half shots by MSU and looking for Russian
:30 to go and Warner down blocks a couple single attempts
Half shot by Warner with short time and Warner defends a late shot to win 5-2

Rebortarro for MSU vs. Cassioppi at HWT.
Tony gets headlock quick after leg attempt and gets quick TD.
Has near wrist, now goes far wrist. Drives him forward and gets wrist on his back. Tony adjusts and looks to throw in the wing. Rebo fights it off and trails after one period 2-0.

Reactions: Eternal Return
Cass snatches but misses to start the third.
Tony is being aggressive and gets caught in overunder situation.
Tony and Rebo both have headlocks and end in stalemate.
Tony gets back into a snatch, drives him down for TD and 8-0 lead. Tries to use the wrist to drive him over but Rebo is flexible.
Tony working far wrist and gets another stall call on Rebo.
Tony has near arm on the back.
Wins 10-0.
Iowa wins 32-3.

Cass
First
Handfighting and looks for a single. Snaps by Cass and gets the single picked up and puts him down for two.
Riding tough and trying to collect that wrist.
Gets to the side and gets it dug out to a bar
Looking to run it around and loses it.
Digging the wrist on the side again 1:00 to go
out front lookin for the turn and MSU hit for stalling
Riding tough again and MSU bases out with short time
Tony Rides out and leads 2-0 with 2:25 of RT

Second
Cass takes bottom and throws a leg off for 1 - 3-0
Handfighting in center and Cass fakes a single
Good activity from big Cass and looks for another single
MSU looks at the clock with sadness in his eyes
Tony still controlling center - Gets the single and the stall call for 1 pt.
Runs him off the mat and tries throwing him into Lake Michigan
Tony stuffs a shot and goes behind for two - 6-0
Gets the arm out and tries the whipover, but it slips
and that's the second

Third
MSU takes neutral and Cass looks high single again
Cass looking for an UH and they're in an over under lock
1:15 to goand SM is called
MSU small snaps and Cass picks up a single for two more
8-0 with :50 to go and RT is locked
MSU really doesn't want to get pinned and is called for stalling again
Effectively 10-0 Tony
Time runs out and that is the final.

32-3 Hawkeyes. Thanks for playing.

Cass snatches but misses to start the third.
Tony is being aggressive and gets caught in overunder situation.
Tony and Rebo both have headlocks and end in stalemate.
Tony gets back into a snatch, drives him down for TD and 8-0 lead. Tries to use the wrist to drive him over but Rebo is flexible.
Tony working far wrist and gets another stall call on Rebo.
Tony has near arm on the back.
Wins 10-0.
Iowa wins 32-3.
Sorry man, I was just typing and sending, didn't mean to double up on you!

Reactions: SDHN2013
Obviously a less exciting match than Friday. Disappointed in Assad not being able to finish any of his 6+ deep shots, and disappointed (maybe just resigned) that Lugo and Young seem incapable of trying for majors when they've got matches firmly in hand and plenty of time left. Ditto today for Warner.

But Spencer, Kem, and Cass all looked great. Nobody looked bad. It was a solid win on the road with a small crowd and limited adrenaline.

Kudos to Glynn, Happel, and Moody for stepping in and doing their jobs.

Onwards.

Can we put the shirt back on Assad? Looking like a 2-2 guy at nationals right now.
You probably never even wrestled jr high. Who the f&$k you want in there now? Better then the other 2 guys before him. He never quits. Maybe his problem is he gets excited and thinks he needs to keep attacking instead of taking more time for a setup. The you would bitch he doesn’t shoot enough. 18 yrs old and took off the redshirt to step up and help the team. I’m sure they could have said no, then we would he another bitch thread about wilcke sucks put in brands. Then the following thread brands is to small. You are now officially the s
2nd idiot I have put on ignore.

Sorry I’m sure this has been discussed elsewhere but what’s the prognosis on desanto?
I wouldn’t expect to get much for medical updates...just not how this usually works. BTN quoted Brands as saying that “DeSanto just needs time”. Doesn’t really mean much, though you could possibly read that to mean no surgery.

Reactions: el dub and radke_3
Oh come on. You know you loved the Purdue guys. That was epic lol

They were funny to listen to. I've never heard a pair of guys so mesmerized by the concept of riding time. And I loved their optimism when they said all Bull's opponent really needed to do to get back into the match was to take him down, put him on his back and maybe get the pin.

Let’s not forget how hard to come off of a night like Friday. Train, bus ride, train and wrestle again.

it is who they are and why the hawks do but I expected to be flat. They really were not.

Abe needs this week to get his head back on. He has not forgotten, Fr rough patch. He can pull it together.
Totally agree - fair weather fans calling for shirt to come back on

Let’s not forget how hard to come off of a night like Friday. Train, bus ride, train and wrestle again.

it is who they are and why the hawks do but I expected to be flat. They really were not.

Abe needs this week to get his head back on. He has not forgotten, Fr rough patch. He can pull it together.
I agree. Abe will be ok. Give him some time.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Obviously a less exciting match than Friday. Disappointed in Assad not being able to finish any of his 6+ deep shots, and disappointed (maybe just resigned) that Lugo and Young seem incapable of trying for majors when they've got matches firmly in hand and plenty of time left. Ditto today for Warner.

But Spencer, Kem, and Cass all looked great. Nobody looked bad. It was a solid win on the road with a small crowd and limited adrenaline.

Kudos to Glynn, Happel, and Moody for stepping in and doing their jobs.

Onwards.
A+ with some back ups in

I just hope Assad isn’t going to be Jacob Warner 2.0.
That won't happen. Abe works hard, and a redshirt would have really benefitted him. Warner just doesn't seem to want to work as hard. If he dedicated more time to his time in the weight room/cardio to go with his talent he'd be a beast. Would probably be more confident as well

Reactions: McCulloughd
Anybody else think the BTN Plus announcers sucked? I turned the sound off halfway through!

Yeah, having no time for coaching after the last match before having to go again is tough for a true freshman--I would think even tougher for an upper weights guy. He'll get some coaching this week and be able to improve. It's tough to learn pacing as an upper weight true freshman, especially after such an emotional and disappointing result against PSU. I feel like he expended himself by trying to hit that headlock so early in the PSU match. He'll get his head and feet back this week.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT