ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan

Interesting...why didn't you make an issue with the poster I responded to who made a point the Howard is black? I wasn't exactly the one who brought up race. Any reason you didn't respond to him?

The UM coach is black. It's not a secret.

And, in today's woke culture, Juwan Howard is going to bring in big time players in part because of his skin color.

And, in today's woke culture, Juwan Howard is going to bring in big time players in part because of his skin color.
I guess I misinterpreted the intent of your prior post

LOL. A team we handled on their home court a few weeks ago, looked like dogsh*t in the BTT, hadn't won back-to-back games in over a month, didn't have their star point guard most of the time, and has a head coach that makes Fran look mentally stable, just beat a #6 and #3 seed to go to the Sweet 16. LOL.

It's just plain comical at this point. Might as well laugh about it; it's healthier than deep depression.
It just goes to show that it's all a crapshoot, unless you are a truly dominant team which no team really is.

It doesn't hurt that he was on one of the most famous college basketball teams of all time and is a 18 year NBA veteran.

Which would you rather have, a BTT title followed by first round pants sh!tting performance with early exit OR be a double digit seed that upsets their way into the sweet 16? I'll take the latter 100% of the time.
Yeah. I'd rather still have a vested interest in the NCAA Tournament. I stopped watching at around 5pm on Wednesday.

It just goes to show that it's all a crapshoot, unless you are a truly dominant team which no team really is.
Is it though? 23 years since Iowa made the Sweet 16 and only once in the last 34 years. Looks more like a sure thing that Iowa won't make the Sweet 16 than most anything in college basketball.

LOL. A team we handled on their home court a few weeks ago, looked like dogsh*t in the BTT, hadn't won back-to-back games in over a month, didn't have their star point guard most of the time, and has a head coach that makes Fran look mentally stable, just beat a #6 and #3 seed to go to the Sweet 16. LOL.

It's just plain comical at this point. Might as well laugh about it; it's healthier than deep depression.
Kind of an amusing comment from my Iowa State-loving father-in-law last night re: Juwan Howard. After watching Wisconsin Friday and last night, he said, and I can quote, “I can see why Howard swung at that Wisconsin coach.”

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Is it though? 23 years since Iowa made the Sweet 16 and only once in the last 34 years. Looks more like a sure thing that Iowa won't make the Sweet 16 than most anything in college basketball.
Iowa has certainly had teams good enough to reach the sweet 16 though. So, yes, it's bad luck to some extent and in some years, they just weren't that good.

I would say their coach is a good recruiter. Coach, juries still out.
Really? Do you consider Fran a good coach? Howard is in his 3rd season and he has accomplished more in 3 seasons as far as the NCAA tournament is concerned than Fran has in his 12 years at Iowa. Given the strength of his recruiting, there is no reason to expect that to fall off any time soon.

Really? Do you consider Fran a good coach? Howard is in his 3rd season and he has accomplished more in 3 seasons as far as the NCAA tournament is concerned than Fran has in his 12 years at Iowa. Given the strength of his recruiting, there is no reason to expect that to fall off any time soon.
i do think they got lucky on dickinson though. He's a bit better/ahead of schedule than most 7 footers.

ADVERTISEMENT