ADVERTISEMENT

Microsoft has reportedly Fired its entire internal DEI team

In my world, DEI is not always about promoting based on being a minority. More every meeting of more than 5 people, MUST open with a “DEI” moment. It’s just forced, and uncomfortable. Some none minority person doing a 2 minute slide deck on being inclusive…feels weird and forced. fake?
Leadership finally expanded to allow for safety moments also- so now we have presentations on not leaving your dogs out in the summer or applying sunscreen.

And we hired like 5-10 people to implement all these processes; meanwhile other people got layed off to help the bottom line. It didn’t help morale to hire non-essential DEI people while productive, tenured people got let go.

I don’t suspect my corporate experience is much different than others.

8x9s5z.gif

Reactions: McLovin32
In my world, DEI is not always about promoting based on being a minority. More every meeting of more than 5 people, MUST open with a “DEI” moment. It’s just forced, and uncomfortable. Some none minority person doing a 2 minute slide deck on being inclusive…feels weird and forced. fake?
Leadership finally expanded to allow for safety moments also- so now we have presentations on not leaving your dogs out in the summer or applying sunscreen.

And we hired like 5-10 people to implement all these processes; meanwhile other people got layed off to help the bottom line. It didn’t help morale to hire non-essential DEI people while productive, tenured people got let go.

I don’t suspect my corporate experience is much different than others.

That’s some Bullshit.

Reactions: Scruddy
The part I object to is that being qualified isn’t the primary consideration, it is racism and sexism, then being qualified.

We should not codify racism and sexism into law under some altruistic virtual signaling guise.

Racism & sexism are wrong. Do you not agree?
How do you know?
Diversity could be just trying to source a broader group of candidates. This is a problem for you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT