ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands 2018

Chicagohawk2019

All-Conference
Nov 6, 2017
Based on the few schedules I’ve looked at; Arizona State, Wisconsin, and obviously Iowa will be at Midlands this December. Any other quality teams making the trip?

Northwestern will finish top ten. They need to burn Jack Jesson’s shirt at 84. He just took third at Michigan State open and can make nationals and win a match or two. If they don’t, no worries, I always have Iowa and my new favorite Iowa State to watch. I’m hopeful Iowa State finishes top 15 and gets going. They need to wrestle Carr at 57! Where is the brass ba...s of Spencer Lee when you need them? Spencer loves to wrestle! I respect that!

Northwestern will finish top ten. They need to burn Jack Jesson’s shirt at 84. He just took third at Michigan State open and can make nationals and win a match or two. If they don’t, no worries, I always have Iowa and my new favorite Iowa State to watch. I’m hopeful Iowa State finishes top 15 and gets going. They need to wrestle Carr at 57! Where is the brass ba...s of Spencer Lee when you need them? Spencer loves to wrestle! I respect that!
How will they finish top ten if they can’t beat NDSU. Even if you add in Rivera(who could lose to Fleetwood) at best the dual is tied.

So 1-2 points is the difference between NW being in or out of the top 10?

How will they finish top ten if they can’t beat NDSU. Even if you add in Rivera(who could lose to Fleetwood) at best the dual is tied.

Not sure why you're discussing a dual meet result when Midlands and Nationals are tournaments. You could take Rivera off the mat and NU still probably outplaces NDSU. Not Top 10, but NU ahead.

A more interesting question would be who finishes higher between NU and Rutgers. Those two teams are constructed very similarly.

Not sure why you're discussing a dual meet result when Midlands and Nationals are tournaments. You could take Rivera off the mat and NU still probably outplaces NDSU. Not Top 10, but NU ahead.

A more interesting question would be who finishes higher between NU and Rutgers. Those two teams are constructed very similarly.
Good question I would say Rutgers if Gravina is back.Rutgers will have more guys scoring

Reactions: slushhead
You would burn a shirt just for that? Unbelievable.

Your son will be better off waiting another year. Chill.

I think HR should send a frequent poster each year. Tarp, you ready to roll? I'd be ready this year, but the keto diet only has me down to 206 and I ain't gonna be on the wrong end of an Iowa HWT snap down. I'd have to change my handle to Neo Faceplant
I would think maybe a few guys a little shorter in the tooth:cool:

Love your passion Cat, that's what our boards about, welcome here anytime imo.

While the teams there are not team contenders there will be a lot of good matches.
125: should have #1 & #2 battling in the finals along with 6 other ranked wrestlers. Sleeper pick of Glory finishing 3rd.
133: Hoping for Desanto vs. Gross matchup in the finals. Only 2 other ranked wrestlers at 133.
141: Chance for Murin to move up some. 8 ranked wrestlers with Perry the highest ranked. Hoping for Carr vs. Desanto finals match. Sleeper alert Turk gets 4th.
149: Lugo has a possible match with Kolodzik again but Thomsen also there. 7 ranked wrestlers so Lugo could go up or down.
157: Young has a possible match with Deakin who is my early pick as #2 at 157. Only 2 other ranked wrestlers here besides Young and Deakin.
165: Marinelli vs Wick rd 1. 165 is so crazy any of 6 guys could get hot and win it in March. 4 other ranked wrestlers. Sleeper alert IF Brands wrestles he finds himself on the stand.
174: Praying for a Kem vs. Valencia match in the finals hard to say how far Kem goes before defaulting out. Didn't workout to well last year for him come speeding time in March. So here's hoping he goes the whole tournament and gets a shot at Valencia. 5 other ranked wrestlers at 174.
184: Cash could make some moves up the ladder with Parker being there. Don't know if he makes it that far with Foster there also. But he could. Only 4 ranked at 184.
197: really hoping Warner has had a couple of matches a possible finals match with Holschlag which I feel he wins. A lot depends on how many matches he has before then. 6 ranked wrestlers at 197.
Hwt: Stoll can not afford to have a hiccup here. 10 ranked wrestlers plus I am pretty sure Hall will wrestle un attached plus our 2 hwts. Sam better be ready this will be a meat grinder for him and honestly his toughest match could be Big Cass!

Your a friggen tool go crawl back in your hole in which you've come. Troll

Maybe you misinterpreted my response. Not trolling. It is my understanding that Kemerer has an injury that will be something that he has to deal with all year long,, so the coaches are going to limit his matches. I don't know if he will or won't wrestle at Midlands. And if he does, can he wrestle two days, 4-5 matches? I could see the coaches possibly sitting him completely or just wresting 2-3 matches and then injury defaulting out. There really wouldn't be much gained by having him wrestle Asken. I would love to see a healthy Kemerer vs. a Hall or Valencia to see how he stacks up. But a gimpy Kemerer with nothing to gain from a mid season match-up isn't important to me. Save him for BigTens and NCAA's if he truly is hurt.

Last edited:
Maybe you misinterpreted my response. Not trolling. It is my understanding that Kemerer has an injury that will be something that he has to deal with all year long,, so the coaches are going to limit his matches. I don't know if he will or won't wrestle at Midlands. And if he does, can he wrestle two days, 4-5 matches? I could see the coaches possibly sitting him completely or just wresting 2-3 matches and then injury defaulting out. There really wouldn't be much gained by having him wrestle Asken. I would love to see a healthy Kemerer vs. a Hall or Valencia to see how he stacks up. But a gimpy Kemerer with nothing to gain from a mid season match-up isn't important to me. Save him for BigTens and NCAA's if he truly is hurt.
I understood what you were saying and think it's a fair point. If he wrestles in the midlands I could see him wrestling as long as he's on the winners side. Pretty much like they did with SL last year. I could also see what you are saying if he makes the final and it's against Askren. Nothing to gain might not be a bad idea to default out from there.

Your a friggen tool go crawl back in your hole in which you've come. Troll
Man, these last two weeks have been even more hostile then normal around here. Aren't message boards more fun when you have back and forth banter with people from other teams? I always thought is creates more build but for the dual or tournament. 99% of us aren't truly associated with the team other than being fans. No need to take things so personal. And Grip I'm not trying to single you out just use your response as an example. I appreciate the content you bring to the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: TailgateTom
Love your passion Cat, that's what our boards about, welcome here anytime imo.
Thanks, I love this stuff! Can’t wait! I do think the smart way for all these top teams is to hold these guys out until they are fully ready. Conditioning is key, work these guys back in shape for January and February. I appreciate all these teams and wrestlers going all out. It is pretty much an art form, what they can do. By the way, I started for Northwestern as a true frosh. I beat out the returning starter by suplex his butt when he tried to bear hug me. I was a below five hundred wrestler,but never worse than second string. Still, there is not much better sport to watch than college wrestling. MMA is too dangerous. Gladiator thug stuff where guys really get hurt.

no, i would rather deal with 21guns, jammies and togs than you smug" i just want to talk wrestling", until i hear something i don't like trolls.
i wasn't talking about you cat

no, i would rather deal with 21guns, jammies and togs than you smug" i just want to talk wrestling", until i hear something i don't like trolls.
i wasn't talking about you cat
Never said just wrestling. Banter is banter. No need to take things so serious and attack people. Have fun with it and enjoy the season. You have a great team this year.

Fight fight fight...wait, did someone say free beer?

dims

Man, these last two weeks have been even more hostile then normal around here. Aren't message boards more fun when you have back and forth banter with people from other teams? I always thought is creates more build but for the dual or tournament. 99% of us aren't truly associated with the team other than being fans. No need to take things so personal. And Grip I'm not trying to single you out just use your response as an example. I appreciate the content you bring to the board.
I’m tired of guys calling out wrestlers like they are intentionally dodging guys to protect there seeds especially Hawks. The coaches and wrestlers will do what’s best for them to be ready for March because that is what counts. If you were being genuine then my apologies but it sounded as if you were calling him out.
Rassling , Wrestling is the only sport I do take seriously anymore. I will add Fishing but some would argue it’s not a sport;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rassling
I’m tired of guys calling out wrestlers like they are intentionally dodging guys to protect there seeds especially Hawks. The coaches and wrestlers will do what’s best for them to be ready for March because that is what counts. If you were being genuine then my apologies but it sounded as if you were calling him out.
Rassling , Wrestling is the only sport I do take seriously anymore. I will add Fishing but some would argue it’s not a sport;)
If you can smoke and drink while you're doing it, it's not a sport. But that's just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Grip220
. . . Wrestling is the only sport I do take seriously anymore. I will add Fishing but some would argue it’s not a sport;)

If you can smoke and drink while you're doing it, it's not a sport. But that's just my 2 cents.

Depends on how you fish. Back in my younger days, I used to ice-fish a lot with a former teammate. We kept things interesting by introducing some sport into the activity. For example, if we got a tip-up, guy with 1st takedown got to go land the fish. Or if we decided not to share traps, and one of us had a tip-up, then he had to sprint out, around, and back from his farthest trap and chug an entire beer before running back out to land the fish.

That second one got pretty brutal when the fish were active.

Depends on how you fish. Back in my younger days, I used to ice-fish a lot with a former teammate. We kept things interesting by introducing some sport into the activity. For example, if we got a tip-up, guy with 1st takedown got to go land the fish. Or if we decided not to share traps, and one of us had a tip-up, then he had to sprint out, around, and back from his farthest trap and chug an entire beer before running back out to land the fish.

That second one got pretty brutal when the fish were active.
Im on the other end of the spectrum fishing in the ocean for tuna and sharks so no takedown except for the guys heaving overboard. Ice fishing with takedowns sounds good also:confused:

Reactions: slushhead
Im on the other end of the spectrum fishing in the ocean for tuna and sharks so no takedown except for the guys heaving overboard. Ice fishing with takedowns sounds good also:confused:

Well, when your catch is so big that you have to wrestle it after you land it, I think that counts as "sport"!

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT