ADVERTISEMENT

Migrants on Martha's Vineyard flight say they were told they were going to Boston

so that’s my bad.

often I use “you” meaning the collective second person, and try to make sure I point that out. Here, I didn’t. I wasn’t singling you personally out. I meant “you” as in the collective group of anti immigration people who say “make it someone else’s problem”. You literally are in this country because Libs didn’t turn you away. Where is your empathy?

Again, I do not personally mean you. The abstract second person is the intended subject.
Immigrants go through the proper channels to earn legitimate entry into a country. These law breaking individuals are not trying to follow the proper channels, and the only reason they’re so brazen about it is because they know there’s no consequences for their actions. There are cities that have said they’re okay with taking on these people, until they actually show up at their door then not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Reactions: KFsdisciple
so that’s my bad.

often I use “you” meaning the collective second person, and try to make sure I point that out. Here, I didn’t. I wasn’t singling you personally out. I meant “you” as in the collective group of anti immigration people who say “make it someone else’s problem”. You literally are in this country because Libs didn’t turn you away. Where is your empathy?

Again, I do not personally mean you. The abstract second person is the intended subject.
You should work on that - its a poor communication tactic that accuses and villainizes and is incredibly unclear.

But again, what is the issue here? The people are being transported to a "lib" (to use your term) haven. Much more affluent, better weather, and, if we're going under the impression you seem to be trying to paint, a much more welcoming population. Sounds like wins all around, yea?

Reactions: franklinman
This is what is wrong with our politics and country today. Biden send planes and busses of illegal immigrants all across the country under the cover of night. Libs: “No big deal. Nothing to see here.” Cons. “This is not acceptable. Secure the border!”

A few short months later…

Republicans send planes of illegals areas designated as sanctuary cities. Libs: “Human trafficking! Inhumane!” Cons: “In your face libs!”

Thats where we are today. Both sides owning the other. Spiking the political football. No one is willing address the actual problem our country is facing. Hell, even most liberals on this board can’t admit we have a problem at the border. There is no reasonable debate, no compromise, no rational discussion. Every single fvcking issue. And every single HROT poster comes to the board with their Team Blue/Team Red talking points and we circle jerk for a few days until the next political issue comes up.

We are fvcked as a nation.

Martha’s Vineyard isn’t a sanctuary city. Massachusetts isn’t a sanctuary state. There are 8 sanctuary cities within Massachusetts. The immigrants were told they were being taken to one of the sanctuary cities (Boston) but were then dumped into a non-sanctuary city as part of a political stunt.

So, you’re entire premise is based on incorrect information. Maybe that is part of the problem. People don’t even bother to collect basic truths prior to making a feelings argument that fits their political narrative.

Interestingly, Iowa has a ton of sanctuary cities relative to the population in the state. I wonder why? The agricultural industry sure loves them some cheap labor without benefits.

If you want to really fix illegal immigration, stop providing illegals with jobs. If there aren’t jobs, are we still going to see so many risk coming here to improve their lives?

This is what is wrong with our politics and country today. Biden send planes and busses of illegal immigrants all across the country under the cover of night. Libs: “No big deal. Nothing to see here.” Cons. “This is not acceptable. Secure the border!”

A few short months later…

Republicans send planes of illegals areas designated as sanctuary cities. Libs: “Human trafficking! Inhumane!” Cons: “In your face libs!”

Thats where we are today. Both sides owning the other. Spiking the political football. No one is willing address the actual problem our country is facing. Hell, even most liberals on this board can’t admit we have a problem at the border. There is no reasonable debate, no compromise, no rational discussion. Every single fvcking issue. And every single HROT poster comes to the board with their Team Blue/Team Red talking points and we circle jerk for a few days until the next political issue comes up.

We are fvcked as a nation.
This has been debunked several times. Biden did not send immigrants "under the cover of night" - that's propaganda you lapped up. They were sent as part of an overall plan. They weren't lied to about getting expedited work papers and where they were going. They weren't sent in secret with no preparation by the receiving community.

This is what the right wing is - tell lies, believe lies, have lies debunked, continue to tell lies.

I haven't shown anyone anything - I'm in the Midwest. Literally zero influence. But thank you for making my point - everyone should be happier these people found their way to a safe haven in Martha's Vineyard
Should we be happy that they were lured to go there with lies about expedited work papers and where they were going? Should we be happy that no notice was provided to the receiving community so they could prepare?

Immigrants go through the proper channels to earn legitimate entry into a country. These law breaking individuals are not trying to follow the proper channels, and the only reason they’re so brazen about it is because they know there’s no consequences for their actions. There are cities that have said they’re okay with taking on these people, until they actually show up at their door then not so much.
This is untrue.

Reactions: pjhawk
Martha’s Vineyard isn’t a sanctuary city. Massachusetts isn’t a sanctuary state. There are 8 sanctuary cities within Massachusetts. The immigrants were told they were being taken to one of the sanctuary cities (Boston) but were then dumped into a non-sanctuary city as part of a political stunt.

So, you’re entire premise is based on incorrect information. Maybe that is part of the problem. People don’t even bother to collect basic truths prior to making a feelings argument that fits their political narrative.
And this is the issue. The right will continue to push these lies no matter what.

Boston would have been more readily equipped for the quick drop off. Using humans like this is fvkced, and if you’re for it you’re a giant piece of shit that has no brains.

I’m just using this quote as an example of liberal idiocy. You seem more concerned about the ability of Martha’s Vineyard being able to accommodate them compared to Boston.

What about stopping them from getting in? Try limiting the people making the crazy dangerous journey to get here?

You people are all just plain dumb. The problem is Biden and his policies. Not the republican governor’s.

Should we be happy that they were lured to go there with lies about expedited work papers and where they were going? Should we be happy that no notice was provided to the receiving community so they could prepare?
You should be happy they're where they're wanted and in a better environment.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
You should work on that - its a poor communication tactic that accuses and villainizes and is incredibly unclear.

But again, what is the issue here? The people are being transported to a "lib" (to use your term) haven. Much more affluent, better weather, and, if we're going under the impression you seem to be trying to paint, a much more welcoming population. Sounds like wins all around, yea?

I don’t understand why people who benefited from the policy wouldn’t then help others to benefit too.

Are you good with this if it was Boston, Chicago or D.C. then. No cries of human trafficking or this being inhumane?

BTW, my post didn’t mention Martha’s Vineyard, but I am in agreement with you, flying them and abandoning them at Martha’s Vineyard, a non-sanctuary city, was a political stunt. 100%. Deplorable.

Are you good with this if it was Boston, Chicago or D.C. then. No cries of human trafficking or this being inhumane?

BTW, my post didn’t mention Martha’s Vineyard, but I am in agreement with you, flying them and abandoning them at Martha’s Vineyard, a non-sanctuary city, was a political stunt. 100%. Deplorable.
Why don’t the border states ask if other states would be willing to help?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Yes, using venerable people as a PR stunt is genius when your target voting block lacks all empathy.
we don't lack empathy, I understand they traveled a long way trying to find a better life for themselves and their families. I simply expect them to go through the same processes someone who wants to immigrate from India or China, or Spain would go through. Coming across the southern border isn't a fast pass, head of the line privilege..

we don't lack empathy, I understand they traveled a long way trying to find a better life for themselves and their families. I simply expect them to go through the same processes someone who wants to immigrate from India or China, or Spain would go through. Coming across the southern border isn't a fast pass, head of the line privilege..
They went thru the process. They have entered the amnesty system and are awaiting a ruling. Desantis is playing politics with their lives and ghouls like you are cheering him on.

They went thru the process. They have entered the amnesty system and are awaiting a ruling. Desantis is playing politics with their lives and ghouls like you are cheering him on.
MAYBE some of them have, certainly not all of them, or even most of them. We're talking about people who scaled walls, crossed rivers, and avoided what border security there might be. They most certainly did not ALL go through the proper channels.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
MAYBE some of them have, certainly not all of them, or even most of them. We're talking about people who scaled walls, crossed rivers, and avoided what border security there might be. They most certainly did not ALL go through the proper channels.
No, we're talking about the people Desantis lied to and put on a plane.

I don’t understand why people who benefited from the policy wouldn’t then help others to benefit too.
They are - do you not agree people are more likely to help, and help better, when they have more money and the population in question is genuinely wanted (again, im using the narrative you painted)?

You keep lying.

These are immigrants going throw proper channels. They are legitimate asylum seekers.

You lie because you are morally bankrupt and emotionally devoid of empathy. Seek help.

ADVERTISEMENT