ADVERTISEMENT

Migrants on Martha's Vineyard flight say they were told they were going to Boston

News reports said up to 10. Dodging danger, violence and illness the entire way. Because of the promise of America.

Pretty courageous wouldn't you say?
not exactly, that means they had 9 other chances to seek asylum in a country that they speak the language and can assimilate better than they can here. Frankly, they sound pretty dumb, but committed. They were probably listening to the Proclaimers the whole tripl

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
not exactly, that means they had 9 other chances to seek asylum in a country that they speak the language and can assimilate better than they can here. Frankly, they sound pretty dumb, but committed. They were probably listening to the Proclaimers the whole tripl
I was willing to forgive everything until you got that song stuck in my head. Now you can die, you SOB.

It is unlikely those countries have an asylum program like the United States. It is also unlikely they have the economic opportunity of the United States.

Why don't you want America to live up to its promise?

iWBawKX.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
I can't even imagine using another human being this way. They're nothing but props to DeSantis and his supporters. These are fathers and mothers and children that came to America for a chance at a better life. You may not agree with how they got here, but lying them and using them as political pawns without even a shred of thought for their well being shows a general lack of empathy, which is pretty typical of the new GOP. Shame on you. Be better people.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I can't even imagine using another human being this way. They're nothing but props to DeSantis and his supporters. These are fathers and mothers and children that came to America for a chance at a better life. You may not agree with how they got here, but lying them and using them as political pawns without even a shred of thought for their well being shows a general lack of empathy, which is pretty typical of the new GOP. Shame on you. Be better people.
Are you insinuating Martha's Vineyard isn't better than where they came from?

• Haha
Are you saying that they deserve to be lied to and set up to be deported?
If I'm coming from a place that I'm risking life and limb to leave, I end up in my goal country, then told I'm getting moved away from the boarder, I'm estatic. Then you say that place is boston, but I end in MV, I'm a starving person who was told chicken is coming but gets served steak and lobster.

If I'm coming from a place that I'm risking life and limb to leave, I end up in my goal country, then told I'm getting moved away from the boarder, I'm estatic. Then you say that place is boston, but I end in MV, I'm a starving person who was told chicken is coming but gets served steak and lobster.
So you condone the lying about where they were going and the availability of expedited work papers? You also condone not telling MV that these people were coming so they could prepare?

Not expecting an answer.

So you condone the lying about where they were going and the availability of expedited work papers? You also condone not telling MV that these people were coming so they could prepare?

Not expecting an answer.
If they're in a better place now than before, absolutely.
Not to mention, MV is tourist haven, if they can't handle 50 additional people, MV chamber of commerce needs a shake up

Shut up. They were set up to be deported.

Shut up. They were set up to be deported.
How's about you shut up? (See how petulant that sounds?)
They were setup to prove a point, and in exchange, they're in a much better place from where they began. The point has been made: everyone is altruistic until the issue shows up on their front porch. Now all of sudden it's a "crisis" - If you don't think MV can "handle" 50 additional residents, you're being intentionally obtuse.

How's about you shut up? (See how petulant that sounds?)
They were setup to prove a point, and in exchange, they're in a much better place from where they began. The point has been made: everyone is altruistic until the issue shows up on their front porch. Now all of sudden it's a "crisis" - If you don't think MV can "handle" 50 additional residents, you're being intentionally obtuse.
You must have consumed a lot of right wing media today. They are handling them just fine. Turn the channel.

Logic. If MV is worse than the place asylum seekers are leaving, mv needs to get it's shit together.
That's your warped logic. The actual logic is if you're going to send people of need somewhere make sure you are honest with them and the place they are going KNOWS THEY ARE COMING.

Is this a serious question?
Yes. The border states are just sending these migrants to places they deem. At least, Gov. Duchey has some sense of humility. If it was asked of other states if they would share the burden of the amount of people at/crossing the border the answer would be yes.

That's your warped logic. The actual logic is if you're going to send people of need somewhere make sure you are honest with them and the place they are going KNOWS THEY ARE COMING.

Ends justify the means. Got it. Again, unsurprising given your support of Trumpism.
Blah blah blah. These people are better off than they were when they left, and theyre better off there vs one of the red state hell holes, right? And a locale that has 17K citizens but explodes to 200K during tourist season should be able to absorb 50 people, right? And a locale w/ an average household income of ~$130K can afford another 50 people, right?

Last edited:
Blah blah blah. These people are better off than they were when they left, and theyre better off there vs one of the red state hell holes, right? And a locale that has 17K citizens but explodes to 200K during tourist season should be able to absorb 50 people, right? And a locale w/ an average household income of ~$130K can afford another 50 people, right?
So, yes. Got it.

So, yes. Got it.
Yes. Ends justify the means. These people are better off than before. It's a shame you can't put political wins and losses aside to recognize that. Guess I just care about overall well being more than you. Maybe someday you'll evolve.

• Haha
Yes. Ends justify the means. These people are better off than before. It's a shame you can't put political wins and losses aside to recognize that. Guess I just care about overall well being more than you. Maybe someday you'll evolve.
You be you. JFC.

ADVERTISEMENT