ADVERTISEMENT

Migrants on Martha's Vineyard flight say they were told they were going to Boston

Yes. The border states are just sending these migrants to places they deem. At least, Gov. Duchey has some sense of humility. If it was asked of other states if they would share the burden of the amount of people at/crossing the border the answer would be yes.
Texas has been begging and screaming for more help and has been for months. Do you think they’ve been sitting on their hands, just waiting to own the Dems with this move?

Have they asked other states to help them?
Can you prove they haven’t? You are they one who asked the question with the assumption they haven’t asked other states. I can assure you they’ve been begging the federal government for help.

Since neither of us can prove our point, I guess we are at a stalemate. I’m assuming Gov Abbott is working with other states or at least asking them for help. You assume he isn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Can you prove they haven’t? You are they one who asked the question with the assumption they haven’t asked other states. I can assure you they’ve been begging the federal government for help.

Since neither of us can prove our point, I guess we are at a stalemate. I’m assuming Gov Abbott is working with other states or at least asking them for help. You assume he isn’t.
I do remember our Governor saying that she wouldn't help.

I do remember our Governor saying that she wouldn't help.
So maybe, Abbott has asked for help and isn’t receiving it?

Look, I’m on the side of this being a political stunt. But I’m also on the side of TX here, who has a major issue with illegals crossing and remaining in their state. And yes, it has increased exponentially since Biden too office. I can see where they feel ignored by the current administration in DC.

• Haha
So maybe, Abbott has asked for help and isn’t receiving it?

Look, I’m on the side of this being a political stunt. But I’m also on the side of TX here, who has a major issue with illegals crossing and remaining in their state. And yes, it has increased exponentially since Biden too office. I can see where they feel ignored by the current administration in DC.
I also believe that Abbott hasn't asked other states to help. Have you ever heard him?

This blatant move by the liberals to ditch the illegals somewhere other than in their posh little village is getting lots of attention nationwide.

In response to a tweet calling DeSantis' move a "political stunt," former Congresswoman Nan Hayworth tweeted, "It only became a 'stunt' when the limousine-Lefty a--holes of Martha’s Vineyard decided to call in the military instead of taking responsibility for the results of the policies they support."

"Just 50 illegal immigrants entered Martha's Vineyard, and within 48 hours the wealthy liberal residents rounded them up and shipped them off to a military base," conservative commentator Michael Knowles tweeted.

"Any residents of Martha’s Vineyard who have a 'Coexist' bumper sticker on their car are hereby required to remove it," said Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo.

Columnist Derek Hunter wrote, "Add 50 illegal aliens and a rich liberal utopia becomes Thunderdome. But they all insist border states eat millions."

"The Martha’s Vineyard thing might be the best and clearest example of what so many of us have been talking about for years," tweeted comedian Dave Smith. "The progressive elites advocate for policies that they never have to suffer the consequences of. And the one time they do, it ends quickly."

"They are against building a wall but they live in gated communities. They are for gun control but they have armed security. They destroy public education but send their kids to elite private schools. They support mask mandates but only their servants wear them at their parties," Smith continued.

Reactions: MWardT
Hey, Ward, DeSantis spent something like $13,000 per ticket for this stunt. If he doesn't consider it a crisis, why is he blowing such insane amounts of taxpayer dollars on it?

Reactions: Joes Place
Nothing you're saying is relevant at all to my position.

I wasn't responding to whatever "your position" was.

You replied to my post that business owners cannot find laborers right now.
They'd LOVE to have hardworking asylum seekers for positions they could fill.

I wasn't responding to whatever "your position" was.

You replied to my post that business owners cannot find laborers right now.
They'd LOVE to have hardworking asylum seekers for positions they could fill.
No, I didn't, but I agree. There are tens of thousand laborers looking for help, it's not really refutable, so not really going out on a limb there.

So you admit that Ward's consent form excuse is worthless then. Agreed.
I'm of the opinion they didn't need a consent form to begin with.

307140353_5925689574125651_4893412444852079737_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skydog0784
There's nothing to conceded - you lied and said I responded to something I didn't then went off on some asinine tangent.
Everyone is aware there is a labor shortage - irrelevant to my discussion. If you can't keep up, don't respond. (Especially if you're driving...)

...when people keep pushing the line of what's "acceptable", eventually it blurs into what's "unacceptable", but it becomes "normalized".

And yes, that's EXACTLY what happened in Germany.

These are immigrants going throw proper channels. They are legitimate asylum seekers.

Which basically means that upon crossing the border, these individuals were smart enough to say "I looking for asylum" instead of "I looking for job"...

Have they asked other states to help them?

Responsibility for border security belongs solely to the federal government,.. In this regard the state of Texas should be no different than Vermont, Minnesota or Idaho,.. Texas doesn't need help, Texas needs the federal government to simply get off it's ass and do it's job.

ADVERTISEMENT