ADVERTISEMENT

Miguel Recinos Pro prospects

Maybe RCJM can chime. Mike kicked with both Marshall and Miguel on Saturday in IC. I don't think he has heard anything but according to Mike, he may have retained an agent.

Update us on Mike. And please forgive me that I have not been following him the last several years, so an update would be appreciated there too.

Maybe the Bears need to contact him or Koehn. They've brought in plenty already this off season. Read where they had 8 in for rookie mini camp and only 2 of 8 made the exact kick that Parkey missed. Kind of surprised Koehn hasn't gotten call from them at the very least.

Said all last season that I'd rather have recinos kicking for bears than punkey. Surprised he hasn't gotten a shot in Chi....just about everyone else has

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Said all last season that I'd rather have recinos kicking for bears than punkey. Surprised he hasn't gotten a shot in Chi....just about everyone else has

While driving, I was listening to ESPN radio the other day and one guy said Robbie Gould made it known to the Bears that he really wanted to come back and that money wasn't an issue.

I don't follow the pros other than keeping an eye on our Hawkeyes, so just reporting what I heard and don't know if the Bears are even interested in bringing Gould back.

Update us on Mike. And please forgive me that I have not been following him the last several years, so an update would be appreciated there too.

What would really be neat to watch would be Mike, Marshall and Miguel kicking your ass.

I'm sure Mrs. Herk would be happy to share her technique with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herkmeister
What would really be neat to watch would be Mike, Marshall and Miguel kicking your ass.

I'm sure Mrs. Herk would be happy to share her technique with them.

Good to be back on HR you little bastard.

Did I ever tell you what people did with those stupid Moonpies you brought to the tailgate?

Did I ever tell you what people did with those stupid Moonpies you brought to the tailgate?

It was a sad sight watching you try to bend over to pick up that Moon Pie.

You need to sign off. Your neighbors just sat down to lunch.

tenor.gif

And yet, it was STILL the best thing at your cheap-ass tailgate.

Next time, cut the oozing brown spots out of the celery sticks and take a Sharpie and redact the "Best Eaten By" date on the generic saltines.

Mike is now in medical sales and loves it. He is based in the Quad Cities and travels to Dubuque as well. He had a great time while he was chasing his dream but all good things come to an end. It is all about timing and it just didn't work for him. Wish Miguel and Marshall the best. We have been pretty fortunate over the years with our kickers. Hopefully we have another one step us this year following in Miguel's footsteps.

He had a great time kicking with Miguel and Marshall. Then had a few cold ones with Marshall. They remain pretty close.

Update: Da Bears called him in to kick tonight. Any Bears fans know if the team is still doing OTAs?

They were as of last week. Lots of stories about the workouts and "test" situations they were putting a number of kickers through, so very possible they are still looking.

Now getting my hopes up for Miguel, hope he shows them what they're missing and I can get a Recinos jersey!

Well, he had a very good day. He kicked in front of the entire coaching staff including Jamie Kohl.
PAT 2/2
FG 11/13 long 58
KO short 75 long 83,av 4.4 s hang

Got a lot of positive comments. When they he asked him what he was doing now, he said studying for Med school entrance exams. They said to keep working out because he has what it takes, and to be prepared for possible call up. Sounds encouraging to me, but who knows. Anyway, I’m happy because Miguel is happy : )

Well, he had a very good day. He kicked in front of the entire coaching staff including Jamie Kohl.
PAT 2/2
FG 11/13 long 58

Got a lot of positive comments. When they he asked him what he was doing now, he said studying for Med school entrance exams. They said to keep working out because he has what it takes, and to be prepared for possible call up. Sounds encouraging to me, but who knows. Anyway, I’m happy because Miguel is happy : )

Wow is that exciting. Excited for all of you!!

Reactions: rivercityjazzman
PAT 2/2
FG 11/13 long 58

Awesome sauce, good luck!!

PAT 2/2
FG 11/13 long 58

Awesome and unlike Parkey when it came time for a clutch kick he can point to the Nebraska game winner which was a yard or 2 away from being identical kicks.

PAT 2/2
FG 11/13 long 58

Da Bears signed Robbie Gould off the construction site. Kid just needs a shot!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT