ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Gundy, "Well I might have to cut you out. Don’t be an a$$. Really?"

Zero issue with how he handled that.

We have an odd stance in our society that people who act like pricks are supposed to be treated with respect.

You determine how much respect I'll show you; you want to be an asshole, I have no issue going there as well.
No one is going to or should make a public comment on someone's employment. If someone is let go they aren't going to comment on that either.

Well in this particular case, it's relevant.

You claim I am not self-aware, yet you are among the most-loathed posters in this entire community. I am among the most-liked.

So who is the one lacking self-awareness in this scenario?

Yikes!

You really need to get a grip.

Yikes!

You really need to get a grip.
Do I, though?

Or do you?

Look, I understand this is an uncomfortable truth for you to digest, but your boorish and assholish behavior and Neanderthal outlook on life in general has turned the vast majority of members of this board - which is a community - against you.

Maybe a little self-reflection time is in order.

Well in this particular case, it's relevant.

You claim I am not self-aware, yet you are among the most-loathed posters in this entire community. I am among the most-liked.

So who is the one lacking self-awareness in this scenario?

Good Lord. Get over yourself.

Reactions: blhawk
Ahh, but I am well-liked and respected on HROT and you are anathema to all thinking people here.

Explain that, Spanky.
Now where's the self awareness in going around talking about how well-liked you are?

Yeah, yeah you said it as a counterpoint ... but you still said it. Just sounds really doushey.

Hope that helps!

Now where's the self awareness in going around talking about how well-liked you are?

Yeah, yeah you said it as a counterpoint ... but you still said it. Just sounds really doushey.

Hope that helps!
I don’t understand how it’s douchey. I’m not bragging about it. It’s ridiculously easy to be well-liked on HROT. Post some funny crap, some T&A once in awhile and don’t act like an aggrieved asshole 24-7. Easy peasy and any run of the mlll person can achieve it.

Northern, however, only posts aggrieved asshole crap, moronic political crap and generally acts like a choad. Thus why he’s nominated as “worst poster” every single year.

He is completely obtuse to that fact, thus my pointing it out in the hopes maybe someday it’ll click for him.

But just like his hero the ex-POTUS, he instead revels in being an ass that most people despise. Me pointing that out while saying I’m generally liked, hence his attack on me made no sense again is not in any way, shape or form bragging. It’s merely an easily made observation by anyone who posts here regularly.

I don’t understand how it’s douchey. I’m not bragging about it. It’s ridiculously easy to be well-liked on HROT. Post some funny crap, some T&A once in awhile and don’t act like an aggrieved asshole 24-7. Easy peasy and any run of the mlll person can achieve it.

Northern, however, only posts aggrieved asshole crap, moronic political crap and generally acts like a choad. Thus why he’s nominated as “worst poster” every single year.

He is completely obtuse to that fact, thus my pointing it out in the hopes maybe someday it’ll click for him.

But just like his hero the ex-POTUS, he instead revels in being an ass that most people despise. Me pointing that out while saying I’m generally liked, hence his attack on me made no sense again is not in any way, shape or form bragging. It’s merely an easily made observation by anyone who posts here regularly.

Torbee, anyone can be nominated for WPOTY, or any other title for that matter. Literally anyone. It’s a silly little exercise that most posters choose to not participate in. It would take 5 seconds to nominate you.

As for the politics, you engage in just as much political bantering as the next guy/gal. You only believe his postings are aggreived/political crap because you are diametrically opposed to that side.

And we’ve all seen you revel in being an ass on here. The only difference is that this board has a large left wing tilt. You think your liked so much more than others, but it’s really just a more friendly audience to your schtick.

Methinks you doth protest too much. Just kidding.

I dunno, this is an awfully left (leaning) board. I think a great deal of the animus stems from that clash. Take someone equally extreme and negative on the left, say Chis for example, and I don't think he receives nearly the crap Northern does.

You are an interesting and pretty funny poster (and doggone it people like you! ;)) but it's just not good form to proclaim how well liked you are, regardless of context.

My two cents.

Methinks you doth protest too much. Just kidding.

I dunno, this is an awfully left (leaning) board. I think a great deal of the animus stems from that clash. Take someone equally extreme and negative on the left, say Chis for example, and I don't think he receives nearly the crap Northern does.

You are an interesting and pretty funny poster (and doggone it people like you! ;)) but it's just not good form to proclaim how well liked you are, regardless of context.

My two cents.
Chis finished second in WPOTY, I would say he is also not a well-liked poster.

Binsfeld and WhiskeyDeltaTango are both pretty darn conservative and I’d say they are both well-liked. I like them too.

I agree this board has a large number of liberals, especially considering it’s Iowa-based, but the actually not-liked conservative posters are the always aggrieved, whiny, lying, borderline racist posters like Northern and Abby. They aren’t disliked solely for their politics, though it’s a contributing factor.

Chis finished second in WPOTY, I would say he is also not a well-liked poster.

Binsfeld and WhiskeyDeltaTango are both pretty darn conservative and I’d say they are both well-liked. I like them too.

I agree this board has a large number of liberals, especially considering it’s Iowa-based, but the actually not-liked conservative posters are the always aggrieved, whiny, lying, borderline racist posters like Northern and Abby. They aren’t disliked solely for their politics, though it’s a contributing factor.

I realize this is a natural reflex of people on the left like yourself, but damn it, people like facts. Don't be intellectually lazy. You're high on the insults and claims. Provide details for once.

I realize this is a natural reflex of people on the left like yourself, but damn it, people like facts. Don't be intellectually lazy. You're high on the insults and claims. Provide details for once.
Go look at any of your posts and note how many positive interactions you get versus negative.

Better yet, post a poll as a separate topic and ask people to vote on which of the two of us they’d like to see leave HROT permanently.

But you won’t, because you only play stupid and know that the majority of posters here would be very happy to see you disappear.

All objective facts.

Go look at any of your posts and note how many positive interactions you get versus negative.

Better yet, post a poll as a separate topic and ask people to vote on which of the two of us they’d like to see leave HROT permanently.

But you won’t, because you only play stupid and know that the majority of posters here would be very happy to see you disappear.

All objective facts.

I asked you to provide facts. You said "are the always aggrieved, whiny, lying, borderline racist posters like Northern and Abby."

Please provide facts on everyone of your above claims. Links to support your claims please. You won't because you know it's baseless rhetoric.

And you asking for a poll? This board is overwhelmingly liberal. That's like asking DeSantis to run in the Democrat primary. Of course he'd lose.

Good grief you have some issues.

Last edited:
I asked you to provide facts. You said "are the always aggrieved, whiny, lying, borderline racist posters like Northern and Abby."

Please provide facts on everyone of your above claims. Links to support your claims please. You won't because you know it's baseless rhetoric.

And you asking for a poll? This board is overwhelmingly liberal. That's like asking DeSantis to run in the Democrat primary. Of course he'd lose.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Chickenshit

The reporter can ask whatever he wants and Gundy can respond however he wants. He doesn't owe that reporter or any fan that information at this time.
Gundy is paid $7.5 million dollars per year, and part of that comes with an expectation to answer questions from the media. As Torbee has mentioned, coaches are cutting back on media access. Some coaches actually enjoy talking to the media, but a lot of them want to control the media the way they control every aspect of their program.

Reactions: srams21
Gundy is paid $7.5 million dollars per year, and part of that comes with an expectation to answer questions from the media. As Torbee has mentioned, coaches are cutting back on media access. Some coaches actually enjoy talking to the media, but a lot of them want to control the media the way they control every aspect of their program.
100% this. I get tired of these coaches acting like they are being attacked. The question while being basic, should have been very easy to dodge. It was a somewhat vanilla but easy question.

If Gundy doesn't like it, he can always get a job coaching D3 football and have no one ask him hardly anything.

ADVERTISEMENT