ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Pence applauds Kim Reynolds, Republicans in Iowa trip ahead of 2022 election, 2024 caucuses

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
That friggin' lyin' POS is even worse than Trump in my book. He knew better:

Former Vice President and possible 2024 contender Mike Pence sang the praises of Iowa’s Republican elected officials Saturday as he swung through the conservative 4th Congressional District.

At the state party’s district convention in Carroll, Pence praised U.S. Rep. Randy Feenstra as “a man whose integrity, whose faith, whose commitment to the conservative agenda has won admirers around America in a short period of time.”

He lauded U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, saying there is “no more courageous or principled conservative in the United States Senate”

And he said he’s been a fan of Gov. Kim Reynolds “since before it was cool.”

“She’s emerged not only as one of the most effective governors in America, but one of the most important conservative voices in our nation today,” Pence said, drawing the largest round of cheers as the crowd got to its feet. “Her response to the State of the Union address continues to echo all across the country."

Pence attended the convention Saturday morning, mingling with attendees before speaking. And he planned to hold a private fundraiser for 1st District U.S. Rep. Ashley Hinson before heading to Ames where he will speak at a sold-out event for the Story County Republican Party.

The trip — Pence’s third to Iowa since the 2020 election — lends further weight to speculation that Pence will run for president in 2024. Although national Democrats are restructuring the early presidential nominating calendar, Iowa Republicans will hold their first-in-the-nation caucuses in 2024 as planned.

Feenstra, who has previously hosted Pence at a fundraiser, said the visit helps cement Iowa Republicans’ place at the front of the line.

"I just want to be an ambassador to anybody," he said. "I want to show what 'Iowa nice' is. I want to show what Iowa looks like in the rural main streets. We have tremendous schools and hospitals and our farming communities. And if they want to come, hey, I'm going to show them around."

Iowa Democratic Party Chair Ross Wilburn criticized Pence on a call with reporters ahead of his visit, saying that he and Republican President Donald Trump failed to deliver on their promises to Iowans.

“Mike Pence and Donald Trump promised Iowans for four years they would get infrastructure week and get rural broadband for Iowans,” he said. “But it was President Biden and Democrats who worked across the aisle to pass the bipartisan infrastructure deal. And let's not forget, Pence led the charge to cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations while President Biden has a plan to make billionaires pay their fair share, while giving a tax cut to families.”

"Worse than Trump". Get used to that folks. We're going to hear it a LOT!

I don’t think many would say that. When 30% of GOP politicians were enthusiastically supporting the overthrow of our government, Pence stood up and said, “No, that’s not how any of this works.”

He is a traditionally terrible GOP politician, but by today’s standards he is one of the best, and we do all owe him some gratitude.

I don’t think many would say that. When 30% of GOP politicians were enthusiastically supporting the overthrow of our government, Pence stood up and said, “No, that’s not how any of this works.”

He is a traditionally terrible GOP politician, but by today’s standards he is one of the best, and we do all owe him some gratitude.
I wasn't talking specifically about Pence. It'll be said multiple times about any republican gaining traction while running for president.

Reactions: 24 so far
I wasn't talking specifically about Pence. It'll be said multiple times about any republican gaining traction while running for president.
Stop being a victim. Trump is Trump, and God help this country if we ever have to face him again, or anyone on his level, or somehow worse.

Reactions: artradley
Pence needs to come clean and tell the American people what he and Trump talked about on 1/6. Trump turned off the speaker phone, and Pence stepped into a private room. Nobody except those two know what was said. It isn’t an executive privilege situation to cover up a coup.

Reactions: TheCainer
Pence knows he'll never be President.

He's setting things up for writing a book after Trump is dead.

He's got the personality of a dried banana.

• Love
Reactions: TheCainer

And I'm saying not many people will actually say any other candidate is worse than Trump. Trump is a distinctly horrible person, made more dangerous because he knows how to create a cult following. Even folks like MTG, Gaetz, Boebert, etc. lack the cunning of Trump, and the Charles Mansonesque ability to make people follow them to unspeakable evil.

That friggin' lyin' POS is even worse than Trump in my book. He knew better:

Former Vice President and possible 2024 contender Mike Pence sang the praises of Iowa’s Republican elected officials Saturday as he swung through the conservative 4th Congressional District.

At the state party’s district convention in Carroll, Pence praised U.S. Rep. Randy Feenstra as “a man whose integrity, whose faith, whose commitment to the conservative agenda has won admirers around America in a short period of time.”

He lauded U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, saying there is “no more courageous or principled conservative in the United States Senate”

And he said he’s been a fan of Gov. Kim Reynolds “since before it was cool.”

“She’s emerged not only as one of the most effective governors in America, but one of the most important conservative voices in our nation today,” Pence said, drawing the largest round of cheers as the crowd got to its feet. “Her response to the State of the Union address continues to echo all across the country."

Pence attended the convention Saturday morning, mingling with attendees before speaking. And he planned to hold a private fundraiser for 1st District U.S. Rep. Ashley Hinson before heading to Ames where he will speak at a sold-out event for the Story County Republican Party.

The trip — Pence’s third to Iowa since the 2020 election — lends further weight to speculation that Pence will run for president in 2024. Although national Democrats are restructuring the early presidential nominating calendar, Iowa Republicans will hold their first-in-the-nation caucuses in 2024 as planned.

Feenstra, who has previously hosted Pence at a fundraiser, said the visit helps cement Iowa Republicans’ place at the front of the line.

"I just want to be an ambassador to anybody," he said. "I want to show what 'Iowa nice' is. I want to show what Iowa looks like in the rural main streets. We have tremendous schools and hospitals and our farming communities. And if they want to come, hey, I'm going to show them around."

Iowa Democratic Party Chair Ross Wilburn criticized Pence on a call with reporters ahead of his visit, saying that he and Republican President Donald Trump failed to deliver on their promises to Iowans.

“Mike Pence and Donald Trump promised Iowans for four years they would get infrastructure week and get rural broadband for Iowans,” he said. “But it was President Biden and Democrats who worked across the aisle to pass the bipartisan infrastructure deal. And let's not forget, Pence led the charge to cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations while President Biden has a plan to make billionaires pay their fair share, while giving a tax cut to families.”

Just Pence out doing what he does best; ki$$ing a$$.

Worst governor of Indiana in my lifetime.

Reactions: cigaretteman
And I'm saying not many people will actually say any other candidate is worse than Trump. Trump is a distinctly horrible person, made more dangerous because he knows how to create a cult following. Even folks like MTG, Gaetz, Boebert, etc. lack the cunning of Trump, and the Charles Mansonesque ability to make people follow them to unspeakable evil.
Yeah. If I were a betting man I'd wager my house that you are wrong lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT