ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Pence Interview on ABC

And yet he still wouldn’t say Trump isn’t fit to be President and shouldn’t run again. Said that’s up to the voters.
This. The guy is the biggest milquetoast of a man I've ever seen. The guy said this is a yes or no question, should Trump run again and instead of saying absolutely not, he said that's up to the voters. He's so stiff. Just odd. He's a more boring Mitt Romney, if that's even possible. I guess he could run and get a few percentage points from the evangelicals, but most of those crazies seem to believe Trump is now Jesus Christ himself. So I guess he probably couldn't get them either!

Pence is weak. No one doubts that.
BUT, he did show one big moment of courage on January 6th, under enormous pressure.
Which was huge for our country.
Bullshit. He did his job. He didn’t show any kind of moral integrity. He did the exact same thing vice presidents have done for decades. I give him zero credit for that when he had basically no other choice. If he had real moral integrity he would have resigned after 1/6 instead of continuing to serve under that lunatic.

Bullshit. He did his job. He didn’t show any kind of moral integrity. He did the exact same thing vice presidents have done for decades. I give him zero credit for that when he had basically no other choice. If he had real moral integrity he would have resigned after 1/6 instead of continuing to serve under that lunatic.
They all should’ve done what Liz Cheney did. Most of them chose their political futures over doing the honorable thing and speaking out. I give Pence zero bonus points.

He's a bit stiff but he does seem honest to me. He also seems MUCH more Presidential than Trump ever was.
He has about as much charisma as Al Gore.
That was sort of a shocking interview to watch….I had a pretty bad opinion of Trump already….but to hear it all from his second in command was pretty telling.

I actually respect Pence more now, and he does seem like an honest dude. VP can be a thankless job.

It’s pretty obvious timing wise he was trying to upstage Trumps announcement today to get his name in peoples minds for ‘24
Pence appears to still have dreams of becoming president someday. He could have said any or all of this at any point in the past 6 years. He KNEW more than most, exactly what kind of man Trump was and is, and has stayed silent unless it benefited him.

Reactions: ericram

Pence appears to still have dreams of becoming president someday. He could have said any or all of this at any point in the past 6 years. He KNEW more than most, exactly what kind of man Trump was and is, and has stayed silent unless it benefited him.
Because he’s still scared to death of Trump. While we all know what a real actual piece of shit Trump is, robbing and stealing from people his whole life, he actually was out in the real world, which of course some of our Maga’s loved about him. Pence just exudes wimpiness.

And yet he still wouldn’t say Trump isn’t fit to be President and shouldn’t run again. Said that’s up to the voters.

Again he's trying to not damage his standing with the GOP further. He's ambitious and believes in himself enough to think he still has a chance to be president.

Just saying he did a brave thing one time.

Gotta tell you, IMO (and just my opinion) that practice is much more likely to blow back on you some day than any risk of some type of false accusation arising out of a 1:1 meeting.
Many corporates are adopting similar practices. Or videotaping meetings.

Again he's trying to not damage his standing with the GOP further. He's ambitious and believes in himself enough to think he still has a chance to be president.

Just saying he did a brave thing one time.
And that in a nutshell is what is wrong with the GOP. Instead of saying what we know he thinks, that Trump is a lunatic and a narcissist, he’s still almost 2 years later standing on the fence. Grow a pair.

While I agree, if you kind of read between the lines, he did say it. You could tell that Pence clearly doesn't trust or even like Trump. I'm sure he realizes how much of a snake Trump is but he has to choose his words carefully as he is likely planning to also run for President.

Pence did say at one point that he hadn't talked to Trump in a year and a half and admitted they had a fragmented relationship at best. Like I have said before, it's clear that Pence had VERY little say in this administration. This was nothing like Bush/Cheney or even Obama/Biden.

Reactions: artradley
I would agree with that. Look, I'm no Pence fan but the guy does seem to at least adhere to a moral standard (which is saying a lot in MAGA land) and he clearly values the constitution. What stood out to me most was that he seem to acknowledge (even if not directly) how flipping screwed up the Trump presidency was and how bizarre it was.

I would agree with that. Look, I'm no Pence fan but the guy does seem to at least adhere to a moral standard (which is saying a lot in MAGA land) and he clearly values the constitution. What stood out to me most was that he seem to acknowledge (even if not directly) how flipping screwed up the Trump presidency was and how bizarre it was.

What an indictment of the modern Republican Party, when having a basic code of ethics isn’t taken for granted.

And yeah, for the record, while I don’t like much about his politics, I don’t think the country would end if he were president.

Reactions: srams21
Pence is such a smuck. Would not be saying anything if he wasn't selling a book. His family and his life were threatened and he can't bring himself to get a bit emotional about that? Go cry to mother.

Reactions: littlez
This. The guy is the biggest milquetoast of a man I've ever seen. The guy said this is a yes or no question, should Trump run again and instead of saying absolutely not, he said that's up to the voters. He's so stiff. Just odd. He's a more boring Mitt Romney, if that's even possible. I guess he could run and get a few percentage points from the evangelicals, but most of those crazies seem to believe Trump is now Jesus Christ himself. So I guess he probably couldn't get them either!

Well, he doesn’t want to lose Trump supporters for a primary run. Watching the interview, I think he did an excellent job walking the line between adding to the “Dump Trump” movement without angering Trump’s supporters. But I think he fails to understand that his only real potential base - evangelicals - will never forgive him for certifying the election results. He has no chance to win the primary.

If he wanted to salvage his place in history he should have come right out and stated that Trump is a danger to our democracy.

Pence is such a smuck. Would not be saying anything if he wasn't selling a book. His family and his life were threatened and he can't bring himself to get a bit emotional about that? Go cry to mother.
The fact that he’s written a book but doesn’t feel the Jan 6 committee has the “right” to ask for his, is telling.

This is why I have never given him credit for jack shit. He’s a coward who did the bare minimum and never had the guts to speak up. Now he’s trying to rehab his image but still walk a fine line to salvage the MAGA votes. Screw him.
Exactly Fudge this guy. Still believe in the end Nancy would have stepped in and taken care of any procedural hurdles. Pence would have made it messy. But the Dragon woman would of handled it.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT