ADVERTISEMENT

Miller and Condon

RothMatt

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2019
Urbandale
Yesterday while listening to Miller and Condon on 1460 KXNO in Des Moines they talked about a rivalry between Iowa City and Dowling high school. They told a story where under the pile of offensive and defensive players a recruit of Iowa twisted the foot of the opposing teams running back until he eventually broke it. I guess there is tape of it out there somewhere but I haven't seen it or even head of this story before.
Any wise men hear ever hear about this 'incident'

It’s all over the news in Des Moines that Kueter injured the Dowling running back on a dirty play, and the two schools have agreed not to play each other again.

Reactions: RothMatt

Kueter trying to twist the kid’s leg off is in the 2nd half of the vid
Thanks for sharing the video. Man, that was brutal. Do you think he gets suspended for a game or two? M&C said that the Iowa City coach is not one of the more respected or liked guys out there so I wonder is IC has a history of playing to the echo of the whistle.

Thanks for sharing the video. Man, that was brutal. Do you think he gets suspended for a game or two? M&C said that the Iowa City coach is not one of the more respected or liked guys out there so I wonder is IC has a history of playing to the echo of the whistle.
The IHSAA announced they were investigating several plays that occurred in the game but I have not heard about suspensions.

I haven't watched Dowling play this year. I did go to the City/Liberty game at Kinnick and I wasn't impressed with how City played that game. People say it's a reflection of the coach and what they allow, may or not be true. Just seemed to lack some discipline and there was quite a bit of chirping, some from both sides but City seemed to be the leader/instigator on several occasions. Heck City gives up a long run, kid gets tackled on the City sideline and someone not even in the game gets up into the runners face and picks up a 15 yard penalty.
A. You aren't even in the game.
B. Your team just gave up a long run so get better.
Same player was in the middle of some other situations later. I am all about playing to the whistle, I have used other players chest to get up but not quite how I saw it done that day. If they played that way against Dowling I can see why there was some issues. The twist of the knee is garbage, if the coach doesn't address it(he should) then there is the standard that has been set.

He definitely did that on purpose.

Pretty much a freestyle move to expose his back.

Damn that’s not cool.

Keuter a much more impactful wrestler than fb player. Like Brecht, not sure you can float both boats at the highest level. Actually its obvious you cant succeed at both to the highest level but maybe good enough tp contribute.

Keuter a much more impactful wrestler than fb player. Like Brecht, not sure you can float both boats at the highest level. Actually its obvious you cant succeed at both to the highest level but maybe good enough tp contribute.
Not sure how you could tell, his defensive line isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Actually its obvious you cant succeed at both to the highest level but maybe good enough tp contribute.

Hold our Gatorade.

04986611ee3346a9af451daf0f39fcb4.jpeg

1989-0623-deion-sanders-001306261jpg.jpg

I haven't watched Dowling play this year. I did go to the City/Liberty game at Kinnick and I wasn't impressed with how City played that game. People say it's a reflection of the coach and what they allow, may or not be true. Just seemed to lack some discipline and there was quite a bit of chirping, some from both sides but City seemed to be the leader/instigator on several occasions. Heck City gives up a long run, kid gets tackled on the City sideline and someone not even in the game gets up into the runners face and picks up a 15 yard penalty.
Same player was in the middle of some other situations later. I am all about playing to the whistle, I have used other players chest to get up but not quite how I saw it done that day. If they played that way against Dowling I can see why there was some issues. The twist of the knee is garbage, if the coach doesn't address it(he should) then there is the standard that has been set.
Too bad Regina didn't play City and whip those boys so bad they couldn't even open their mouths to trash talk because we know that's what big bad Regina would do, since they've been doing it to small farm communities for the last couple of decades now amirite?................................ ;) ;);););););)

During pregame, City coach runs in front of his team onto the field with his hat backwards. nuff said.
It's always sad watching middle aged/older men acting like hyped up hard asses to impress teenagers.........

Of course maybe he is a younger guy in his 30s which could more easily explain his douchery, not that the trait is age restrictive.

Reactions: hawkhockey
It's always sad watching middle aged/older men acting like hyped up hard asses to impress teenagers.........

Of course maybe he is a younger guy in his 30s which could more easily explain his douchery, not that the trait is age restrictive.
Moore is probably late 30s. He’s been pretty successful at his previous stops but he does have a bit of PJ Fleck vibe to him.

Twisting an arm or a leg to cause serious injury after a play is way worse than a dirty hit during an actual play.

high school athletics should be over completely for a player if 100% indefensible video exists.

if it was my kid on the receiving end of something like that I would lawyer up and file lawsuits against everybody ( player, school, state )

Last edited:
Twisting an arm or a leg to cause serious injury after a play is way worse than a dirty hit during an actual play.

high school athletics should be over completely for a player if 100% indefensible video exists.

if it was my kid on the receiving end of something like that I would lawyer up and file lawsuits against everybody ( player, school, state )

No doubt

As a City alum and former state champ I’ll admit that is dirty no matter who you are and what team you play for. Coach Dan Sabers and Larry Brown never taught us that crap so it’s hard to say. CR Xavier was the dirtiest team we played against and I’m not sure if Quinn’s father is still the coach but he runs his team dirty. They were a bunch of racist , nut twisters…
Xavier was our rivals in high school and not West High actually.

I’ll agree Coach Moore does remind me a little of Fleck that’s pretty funny 😆 I wasn’t a fan of them warming up with black shirts and no pads in Kinnick and really thought they were overconfident.

I haven't watched Dowling play this year. I did go to the City/Liberty game at Kinnick and I wasn't impressed with how City played that game. People say it's a reflection of the coach and what they allow, may or not be true. Just seemed to lack some discipline and there was quite a bit of chirping, some from both sides but City seemed to be the leader/instigator on several occasions. Heck City gives up a long
As a City alum and former state champ I’ll admit that is dirty no matter who you are and what team you play for. Coach Dan Sabers and Larry Brown never taught us that crap so it’s hard to say. CR Xavier was the dirtiest team we played against and I’m not sure if Quinn’s father is still the coach but he runs his team dirty. They were a bunch of racist , nut twisters…

I’ll agree Coach Moore does remind me a little of Fleck that’s pretty funny 😆 I wasn’t a fan of them warming up with black shirts and no pads in Kinnick and really thought they were overconfident.

run, kid gets tackled on the City sideline and someone not even in the game gets up into the runners face and picks up a 15 yard penalty.
Would not expect the coach to do anything like suspension with West High game Friday. I know Bacon will not.

Reactions: BondHawk
The video is pretty damning. I’m grasping at straws here…maybe the whistle hadnt blown and he couldn’t tell definitley the RB was down yet so was completing the play. Maybe wrestling instincts just kicked in to grab and roll without having any real malice or intent. Again really grasping at straws there as I sure hope there wasn’t intent there but gonna be real hard to argue otherwise.

Hilarious that Keating says they'll look into it. Considering he was an AD for a team that did this, broke a kid's leg, and they did nothing to that kid.

Reactions: Ree4

Lol, When was City High and Xavier rivals?

I was at a small class HS game earlier this year. It was early in the 4th, and the game was starting to get chippy.

The home team had a big lead at half, but was getting frustrated because they kept getting called (correctly btw) for penalties, several of which took points off the board, and the other team kept scoring to keep the game interesting.

So things started carrying over through the whistle on many plays. Coaches were chirping at the refs, players were chirping at the refs, even the home team's PA guy was getting snarky in the booth.

The tackling started getting a bit rougher and lower on the body. Eventually, the refs just started throwing PF flags for any little thing from either side to try and restore order.

Unfortunately, the worst thing I saw ended up going unnoticed by the refs despite it being out in the open for everyone to see.

The visiting team hit a big play that got them inside the opposing team's 10. The kid with the ball, just a freshman, was caught from behind by a senior from the other team, and even prior to what happened next, you could see the frustration from the players for giving up big play after big play to the visiting team (which was still down by 14-21 pts at any given time at that point).

The older player tackles the kid that made the catch, rolls him up from behind, then aggressively drives him into the ground and then while still pinning his body on the back of the kid's leg, begins driving his shoulder into the back of the kid and even pulls his leg back to try to injure him.

And sure enough the kid came up limping off to the sideline after the play. The refs were the first there, but apparently didn't feel what they were seeing was excessive enough to warrant a flag or an ejection.............

I was at a small class HS game earlier this year. It was early in the 4th, and the game was starting to get chippy.

The home team had a big lead at half, but was getting frustrated because they kept getting called (correctly btw) for penalties, several of which took points off the board, and the other team kept scoring to keep the game interesting.

So things started carrying over through the whistle on many plays. Coaches were chirping at the refs, players were chirping at the refs, even the home team's PA guy was getting snarky in the booth.

The tackling started getting a bit rougher and lower on the body. Eventually, the refs just started throwing PF flags for any little thing from either side to try and restore order.

Unfortunately, the worst thing I saw ended up going unnoticed by the refs despite it being out in the open for everyone to see.

The visiting team hit a big play that got them inside the opposing team's 10. The kid with the ball, just a freshman, was caught from behind by a senior from the other team, and even prior to what happened next, you could see the frustration from the players for giving up big play after big play to the visiting team (which was still down by 14-21 pts at any given time at that point).

The older player tackles the kid that made the catch, rolls him up from behind, then aggressively drives him into the ground and then while still pinning his body on the back of the kid's leg, begins driving his shoulder into the back of the kid and even pulls his leg back to try to injure him.

And sure enough the kid came up limping off to the sideline after the play. The refs were the first there, but apparently didn't feel what they were seeing was excessive enough to warrant a flag or an ejection.............
We need more refs they say, come enjoy and have some fun.

ADVERTISEMENT