ADVERTISEMENT

Miller and Condon

These coaches should be ashamed, and should this continue be removed. No place for this behavior in sports.

I'm glad we're all on the same page when it comes to right and wrong for high school players. I hope no one has forgotten the outcome of lasts years penn state game. It was directly influenced by Clifford's injury and he was tearing us a new one at that point. Im aware I'm definitely making a strech here but these kids are seeing the success of taking out key players by defenses.

To solve this issue I suggest we adopt sarcastaball.
What was dirty about Campbell's hit on Clifford? Yeah it was unfortunate for PSU and they probably blow us out if he continues in the game. ..

Lol, When was City High and Xavier rivals?

Our graduating class only lost 2 games in High School. Once freshman year against Xavier the last game of the season, and the other time was Junior year against Xavier in playoffs. We went 3-2 against them overall so yeah we considered them our only rivals. 😉

Our graduating class only lost 2 games in High School. Once freshman year against Xavier the last game of the season, and the other time was Junior year against Xavier in playoffs. We went 3-2 against them overall so yeah we considered them our only rivals. 😉
My brother-in-law played at Xavier, and he definitely considered City High a rival. What years did you play?

Thanks for sharing the video. Man, that was brutal. Do you think he gets suspended for a game or two? M&C said that the Iowa City coach is not one of the more respected or liked guys out there so I wonder is IC has a history of playing to the echo of the whistle.
I know the head coach at Dowling thought DSM Roosevelt played dirty under the IC High coach when he was there.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Payback for Dowling's dirty play.
You all aren't getting the whole story here. I was there - my son plays for City High. Dowling players were horrific - squeezing and punching the balls of our players on the pile, trying to jab there eyes through their facemask, etc. Ask Dowling #53 why he was ejected from the game. The N word was used dozens of times against our players and Dowling linemen kept calling one of our African-American players a "Silverback Gorilla." That some real Catholic values right there - what a damn disgrace

It was sickening. Both sides have some accountability here, but to think somehow Dowling was a victim is laughable. But hey, we prayed before the game so I guess that means you can do whatever you want.

In subsequent conversations, the Dowling AD agreed that they had some "race problems" at the school. WTF! Why don't the officials call unsportsmanlike penalties when kids are using racial slurs? The officials are also to blame - they had every chance to keep this game under control but ignored obvious unnecessary roughness penalties on BOTH teams, which led to escalating behavior.

I graduated in 2010, but know years before us and after us really had some heated games with Xavier as well. Similar occurrences that SnootHawk mentioned would happen on the regular against those guys. It wouldn’t surprise me if Dowling was behaving in such manner though leading up to that play in question.

You all aren't getting the whole story here. I was there - my son plays for City High. Dowling players were horrific - squeezing and punching the balls of our players on the pile, trying to jab there eyes through their facemask, etc. Ask Dowling #53 why he was ejected from the game. The N word was used dozens of times against our players and Dowling linemen kept calling one of our African-American players a "Silverback Gorilla." That some real Catholic values right there - what a damn disgrace

It was sickening. Both sides have some accountability here, but to think somehow Dowling was a victim is laughable. But hey, we prayed before the game so I guess that means you can do whatever you want.

In subsequent conversations, the Dowling AD agreed that they had some "race problems" at the school. WTF! Why don't the officials call unsportsmanlike penalties when kids are using racial slurs? The officials are also to blame - they had every chance to keep this game under control but ignored obvious unnecessary roughness penalties on BOTH teams, which led to escalating behavior.

City’s conduct is dog shit every week though

The only caution I’d have to going too far on judgement here is this. He’s a 17 year old kid, and as far as I know this was a first (and only) type of play from him. It sounds like this was a dirty game all the way around where tempers in high competition got quite heated. Dowling indeed is likely not innocent in all of this. If any of that’s incorrect then that’s another story. But let’s not forget serial dirty players exist like Davidson for WI basketball, Grayson Allen for Duke, Ndomekong (sp?) Suh for Brasky…. I think we all agree we want none of that BS representing the Hawks.

So I do see a path to redemption here if it was truly a one time thing, he’s remorseful as heck, and it doesn’t happen again. Heat of the moment, 17 year old…learn from it, otherwise your brand is done.

I'm sure the wrestling fanboys will come up with excuses for him, but the drumbeat of Kueter not being someone you would want your youngsters to look up to is increasing in volume.
Stupid ass post where wrestling fans are concerned.

That said, I’m about as diehard an Iowa wrestling fan as they come, and that play by Kueter was awful. Obviously intentional, and there should be consequences.

Last edited:
Too bad Regina didn't play City and whip those boys so bad they couldn't even open their mouths to trash talk because we know that's what big bad Regina would do, since they've been doing it to small farm communities for the last couple of decades now amirite?................................ ;) ;);););););)
Lol… classic, not sure that would happen….. 😜

I'm glad we're all on the same page when it comes to right and wrong for high school players. I hope no one has forgotten the outcome of lasts years penn state game. It was directly influenced by Clifford's injury and he was tearing us a new one at that point. Im aware I'm definitely making a strech here but these kids are seeing the success of taking out key players by defenses.

To solve this issue I suggest we adopt sarcastaball.
That was a clean legit hit.

Ladanian Tomlinson What GIF by Arby's

Just finally watched the video after reading most of this thread. It didn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Reactions: BEAVERDALEHAWK
I’ve known Mitch for years!! Grew up with him actually and you couldn’t be more wrong here. Players love him and he is a great coach!! He’s had success everywhere he’s been. Suprised he hasn’t sent the college coaching route yet tbh! Call me crazy but confidence is something i want in a coach.

I’ve known Mitch for years!! Grew up with him actually and you couldn’t be more wrong here. Players love him and he is a great coach!! He’s had success everywhere he’s been. Suprised he hasn’t sent the college coaching route yet tbh! Call me crazy but confidence is something i want in a coach.
I was at the Liberty/City football game 2 years ago. City smoked liberty something like 49 to 0 but had at leat 12 personal fouls in the game. Even the City coaches got some of them. They were extremely undisciplined and you could tell the coaches loved it. So glad Liberty exercised some revenge this year. They were a dirty nasty team and the coaches seamed to approve of it.

Reactions: hawkhockey
I was at the Liberty/City football game 2 years ago. City smoked liberty something like 49 to 0 but had at leat 12 personal fouls in the game. Even the City coaches got some of them. They were extremely undisciplined and you could tell the coaches loved it. So glad Liberty exercised some revenge this year. They were a dirty nasty team and the coaches seamed to approve of it.

Nothing’s changed

Reactions: telstar67

**** you for rationalizing the intentional injuring of another kid.

I hope Iowa pulls the offer.

And just so we're clear, I do don't give a **** about Dowling, City High, or shitty Iowa HS football in general.

Your “all of the story”. Has nothing to do with Kueters decision to twist the kids leg. Your examples only show that the kid thinks it’s ok to retaliate for getting his teams ass kicked. You act like these kids don’t hear crap like that in every day life. No It’s more of a complete reflection of the coaching staff. Tough guys when things are going your way but complete bitches when it’s not

Too bad Regina didn't play City and whip those boys so bad they couldn't even open their mouths to trash talk because we know that's what big bad Regina would do, since they've been doing it to small farm communities for the last couple of decades now amirite?................................ ;) ;);););););)

Yes, that's correct. That's what Regina does.
As a City alum and former state champ I’ll admit that is dirty no matter who you are and what team you play for. Coach Dan Sabers and Larry Brown never taught us that crap so it’s hard to say. CR Xavier was the dirtiest team we played against and I’m not sure if Quinn’s father is still the coach but he runs his team dirty. They were a bunch of racist , nut twisters…
Xavier was our rivals in high school and not West High actually.

I’ll agree Coach Moore does remind me a little of Fleck that’s pretty funny 😆 I wasn’t a fan of them warming up with black shirts and no pads in Kinnick and really thought they were overconfident.

The black shirts were dumb, in my opinion. I was much more bothered by the fact that the team ran in front of the Liberty students and started running their mouths when they came on the field.
Would not expect the coach to do anything like suspension with West High game Friday. I know Bacon will not.

Remember, that game at Kinnick was such a big deal that kids who were caught at a party were not suspended until the following 3 games, including Dowling.
I'm sure the wrestling fanboys will come up with excuses for him, but the drumbeat of Kueter not being someone you would want your youngsters to look up to is increasing in volume.
Nope, wrestling board has its own thread. They don't seem pleased.

ADVERTISEMENT