ADVERTISEMENT

Miller-Meeks registers to vote at state senator's home in LeClaire

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Mariannette Miller-Meeks, who last month won re-election to Congress representing Iowa's 1st District, is registered to vote at a state senator's home in Scott County.

According to records from the auditor's office, Miller-Meeks registered to vote at the same Great River Road home in LeClaire as state Sen. Chris Cournoyer.
Redistricting drew Miller-Meeks' home county, Wapello, into the 3rd Congressional District in the southwest quadrant of Iowa. She opted to run for her second term in southeast Iowa's new 1st District, which covers 16 of her previous district's 24 counties.

Subscribe today and support local journalism!
Subscribe today and support local journalism!
Members of Congress are not required to live in their district, so long as they live in the state they represent.

In press interviews during the campaign, Miller-Meeks said that she and her husband, Curt, kept their home in Ottumwa and that she took up residency in LeClaire.

After a debate between Miller-Meeks and her opponent, Democrat Christina Bohannan, Miller-Meeks said she has "a place in LeClaire" and that she didn't plan to sell her 50-acre property in Ottumwa.

That residence appears to be Cournoyer's home, county records show. The two served together for two years in the state senate.
A spokesperson for Miller-Meeks confirmed the address to be Miller-Meeks' claimed residency but declined to answer more questions.
Cournoyer did not immediately responded to messages seeking comment.

According to county auditor voter registration records, Miller-Meeks changed her voter registration Oct. 24, the last day Iowans could pre-register to vote for the 2022 election.
While the county auditor's office didn't yet have records for whether Miller-Meeks voted in the 2022 election, she did post on social media a video of herself the day before the election, standing outside the Scott County Administrative building, saying she just voted.

I know Chris Counoyer.

Not a nice person.

Deplorable Texas transplant.
She is a very hard-worker and has done a lot of really good things for LeClaire over the years including getting that library up and running. Lots of volunteer work and is good at leading. My mom was on the board with her for that and she has nothing but good things to say about her. Laughable to call her deplorable.

She is a very hard-worker and has done a lot of really good things for LeClaire over the years including getting that library up and running. Lots of volunteer work and is good at leading. My mom was on the board with her for that and she has nothing but good things to say about her. Laughable to call her deplorable.
Well she has you fooled anyway.

She is a big time MAGA. Sorry, that’s gross. And bad for politics.
I don't pretend to know (or really care) about her politics but I'm just giving credit where its due because she put in a lot of time and effort to make LeClaire a better place over the last 10-20 years and has done lot of volunteer work within the PV school system as well.

That's about the extent I care on this subject, carry on.

I don't pretend to know (or really care) about her politics but I'm just giving credit where its due because she put in a lot of time and effort to make LeClaire a better place over the last 10-20 years and has done lot of volunteer work within the PV school system as well.

That's about the extent I care on this subject, carry on.
Then she should stop pretending that she lives in Ottumwa. She’s making a mockery of ‘representing’ the people where she ‘lives’.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
Dems should register Obama at some random persons address in 3M's district and run him next election.
This would be hilarious….and help to highlight the absurdity of this. Does it happen everywhere or just in Iowa? I feel like I have seen multiple examples of this with Republicans in this latest election cycle.

And apparently it’s 100% fine because nothing ever comes of it.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT