ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee Public Schools reportedly distributes 'de-center Whiteness' memo to teachers

Hawkeye Swarm

HR MVP
Nov 14, 2004
Milwaukee Public Schools reportedly distributes 'de-center Whiteness' memo to teachers

Milwaukee Public Schools is apparently working to "de-center" and "dismantle" Whiteness in the classroom.

The Young America’s Foundation published an exclusive report on a 33-page memo titled "Educational Community and District Climate" from the school district that is meant to explain the "best practices addressing discipline disproportionality through a positive educational community." A significant approach in the memo discussed "anti-racism" with a note on "Understanding Whiteness."

"Whiteness is everywhere around us. Educational practices have been rooted in Whiteness and coming from a lens of Whiteness for years. Educators should reflect on which elements of Whiteness they see in education, which they participate in, and which elements they can work to dismantle," the memo read.

The memo also listed videos to help faculty "continue [their] journey along the development" of understanding Whiteness. Among them included a discussion by author Robin DiAngelo and a video titled "Whiteness: WTF?"

Another section of the memo was devoted to achieving "equity" in the schools, defined as "an allocation of district resources, supports, and opportunities that is based on the needs of students and staff."

"Achieving equity may require an unequal distribution of resources and services in order to ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to a free and appropriate public education," the memo explained. "The strengths of students, staff, families, and community members shall be illuminated to eliminate implicit and explicit deficit thinking."

The memo also implored staff members to "create space to have brave conversations about race" to "understand that race plays a role throughout society and education." It warned faculty to move beyond beliefs such as "I treat everyone equally" and "I don’t see race."

A section on "anti-racism" also recommended definitions from author and critical race theory advocate Ibram X. Kendi.

It was unclear in the report how widely the report was distributed among 156 schools in the district. However, Milwaukee Public Schools includes K-12 education.

Fox News Digital reached out to Milwaukee Public Schools for a comment but has yet to receive a response.

In 2021, a group of Minnesota principals and vice principals signed a letter pledging to push the goal of "de-centering Whiteness" and "dismantling the practices that reinforce White academic superiority." The letter also suggested that practices such as standardized testing enforced "an Americanized version of a caste system in our schools."

The phrase "de-center Whiteness" more recently appeared in a November Forbes article titled "3 Ways To Decenter Whiteness In Your Workplace."

"Because White-centering is often left unexamined and unchecked, equity and justice have continued to evade organizations," the piece read.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, Jasmyn Jordan, national chairwoman of Young Americans for Freedom, said, "What Milwaukee Public Schools are promoting is yet another example of a concentrated effort to eliminate a merit-based system and replace it with one that is focused on race. DEI is fundamentally against everything the left claims to stand for – it is the opposite of racial equality and inclusion."

"As a student, I’ve seen DEI do more harm than good. Instead, the focus should be on achievement, character, and hard work."

Lindsay Kornick is an associate editor for Fox News Digital. Story tips can be sent to lindsay.kornick@fox.com and on Twitter: @lmkornick.

• Angry
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
This is the type of crap central offices and administrations use to justify their bloated budgets and essentially stealing resources from the classroom imo. Teachers have enough on their plate without more of this bull shit. Give teachers money for class materials so they aren’t paying out of pocket instead of this non sense.

Last edited:
This is the type of crap central offices and administrations use to justify their bloated budgets and essentially stealing resources from the classroom imo. Teachers have enough on their plate without more of this bull shit. Give teachers money for class materials so they aren’t paying out of pocket instead of this non sense.
Don't worry, they pay for the highest quality witch doctors

Can someone explain what this is actually trying to accomplish and what it means for schools/teachers in layman’s terms? I didn’t understand it when MN did it and this article doesn’t help. Am I correct that it is just a bunch of white Administrators trying to justify spending money to make it look like they are solving for racial disparity, while likely holding back students who want to learn and excel?

Maybe I’m way off here; but, it seems that is what Jasmyn Jordan is saying.

Reactions: SIXERS24
somewhere someone has to justify why kids get kicked out of school. This is an attempt to shift blame and accept the unacceptable.
School is about learning, learning requires focus and attention. The Brain has a limited working memory so the conditions for learning are pretty specific. It is not whiteness to have expectations that a student doesn't interfere with the ability of another to learn.

It should be considered offensive, if one student is allowed to disrupt the learning of others. We are all paying for a child's education, so it is a waste of everyones money if one kid is disrupting others.

This is why I said in another thread: what solution can anyone really have short of removing kids to a military type school for some that simply, won't.

And there it is...
There it is what? Everything I posted are actual facts, which so far are the only verifiable facts in this thread. Does a 33 page memo exist? Maybe? Are these sentences actually in that memo? Maybe. Again you’re taking this as gospel from an obviously biased source with an agenda and absolutely no proof. Just like you did with the litter boxes

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
A biased conservative news “organization” reports this is happening and only has quotes from people who work at said biased news “organization” and y’all take it as gospel. Pepperidge farms remembers when you all took the litter boxes as gospel too
Does Jasmyn Jordan work for the news organization? Serious question as I don’t know and assumed that was an unbiased opinion, but could be wrong

This is all a political operation to keep us divided. It's a shame so many fall for it but too many of the weak minded need to blame someone for their problems.

There it is what? Everything I posted are actual facts, which so far are the only verifiable facts in this thread. Does a 33 page memo exist? Maybe? Are these sentences actually in that memo? Maybe. Again you’re taking this as gospel from an obviously biased source with an agenda and absolutely no proof. Just like you did with the litter boxes

If everything you post are actual facts, let's start with this one. "Just like you did with litter boxes".

When did I do that?

Does Jasmyn Jordan work for the news organization? Serious question as I don’t know and assumed that was an unbiased opinion, but could be wrong
Oh - Obviously I knew Young Americans for Freedom was a conservative group; but didn’t realize it was a Fox affiliate. Interesting

Reactions: darylhawk
If everything you post are actual facts, let's start with this one. "Just like you did with litter boxes".

When did I do that?
First post I made said y’all sorry I didn’t say y’all in second post. I’ll give you credit for going for an incredibly minor technicality instead of trying to argue anything of actual substance that I said as even you apparently are smart enough to know I posted only facts.

First post I made said y’all sorry I didn’t say y’all in second post. I’ll give you credit for going for an incredibly minor technicality instead of trying to argue anything of actual substance that I said as even you apparently are smart enough to know I posted only facts.

You come in here lecturing others about posting "actual facts" yet you're the one that posted an actual falsehood.

Get off your high horse.

You come in here lecturing others about posting "actual facts" yet you're the one that posted an actual falsehood.

Get off your high horse.
This is pathetic for you to continue arguing you vs y’all which I clearly said in the first post and obviously meant. Speaks volumes that you only go for a technicality that I forgot the word “all” in the 2nd post versus anything of actual substance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT