ADVERTISEMENT

Mind if we play through?

Bear in Southern Clayton County.

Years ago I played with a buddy who just started golfing. Hole 1 he hit his tee shot straight in the air and it took a bounce off a rock for some extra yardage. We thought his ball bounced off a rock until we got closer and realized a turtle helped him out.
Unfortunately a turtle is the most wild thing I've seen golfing.

Years ago I played with a buddy who just started golfing. Hole 1 he hit his tee shot straight in the air and it took a bounce off a rock for some extra yardage. We thought his ball bounced off a rock until we got closer and realized a turtle helped him out.
We had a skunk waddle across the fairway on the very same course this bear was on. CSB

I played on an Apache reservation course** out in the AZ desert. There were signs on the course warning for Gila Monsters, but I didn't see any when we were there.

**It looks like it closed a couple of years ago. https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/apache-stronghold

Yeah I've played that Guttenberg course a few times as the kid has a cabin on the river there. Tough little 9 hole course. The middle par 4s are all over 400 yards and 200 yard par 3...
I haven’t been on it in many years. We had the skunk once and another time we were playing somebody was hitting a mid range iron in the adjacent fairway coming in the opposite direction. Total mis hit and Mrs Knives (no pic) took a line drive in the forearm. The sound it made sounded like a broken bone CRACK. Never forget the sound it made but nothing broken. Probably the last time we played it…CSB

Reactions: LuteHawk
There were once a bunch of geese on the green on a long par 3. Hit a solid shot off the tee and it looked to have some great spin as it bounced and rolled right up to the hole. Went up to knock my birdie in and the “spin” had been from hitting a little goose turd, which caused the ball to leave a streak as it rolled. The streak showed the ball rolling dead center towards the cup, then about 8 inches from the hole, it encountered another goose turd and veered slightly off path.

There were once a bunch of geese on the green on a long par 3. Hit a solid shot off the tee and it looked to have some great spin as it bounced and rolled right up to the hole. Went up to knock my birdie in and the “spin” had been from hitting a little goose turd, which caused the ball to leave a streak as it rolled. The streak showed the ball rolling dead center towards the cup, then about 8 inches from the hole, it encountered another goose turd and veered slightly off path.
Thats a bunch of shit

So is bringing your pet mongoose allowed?
Rikki Tikki Caddy

Over ten years ago our family stayed at Montgomery Bell State
Park near Nashville, Tenn. I played on their golf course which is
heavily wooded and known for an abundance of wildlife. As I
approached the final green about 6 pm a deer ran across the
fairway. I let him finish his trot before I resumed play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT