ADVERTISEMENT

Mineo

On top of pat, you have willie saying things.

On frl we have Pendleton coming up to go off on something.

So maybe Larry is just being a dad and pat is a scum bag. Or maybe not. This isn't done and more info is coming out.
Saying "things". No one other than Pat has mentioned Larry Lee.

I guess we will see what Pendelton has to say. FRL seems like an odd choice if he really wanted to lay it out there

C'mon man. It's not that simple.
It’s always that simple. I look at truths. True: he was wrong about woods. True: he followed that up with a tampering claim. Also true: he’s been trolling Iowa for months. One more just for fun: he says his account on twitter is parody

Called it? I know we are talking about pat and parsing words is the game now but called it?
Hit the back button on your browser and check out the thread about it. I’m sure he deleted all of his tweets by now.

Called it? I know we are talking about pat and parsing words is the game now but called it?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s about to get <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/real?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#real</a> in State College?</p>&mdash; The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo) (@MrPatMineo) <a href="">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These two among others make it clear what he was saying

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s about to get <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/real?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#real</a> in State College?</p>&mdash; The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo) (@MrPatMineo) <a href=" ">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@dunkej01 by the way you are using the same exhausting deflection techniques pat uses to avoid the actual conversation that there has been exactly no concrete evidence and everything so far is just a smear campaign

Reactions: el dub and NCHawk5
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s about to get <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/real?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#real</a> in State College?</p>&mdash; The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo) (@MrPatMineo) <a href=" ">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Then he has tweets about him going to Iowa and Michigan.

The Iowa ones not very flattering.

I can believe we just scrolled through his time line. That was exhausting.

Reactions: mcpat

You missed this one where he specifically says it:

So I realize this was yesterdays convo, but Larry Lee fits the definition of an Iowa booster so it would technically be against NCAA rules to be recruiting on behalf of Iowa. But when it comes to his friends things get less clear and at the end of the day no one is going to care.

@dunkej01 by the way you are using the same exhausting deflection techniques pat uses to avoid the actual conversation that there has been exactly no concrete evidence and everything so far is just a smear campaign
Where in that mess of time line does pat say the real woods thing was an issue. He's a grad student who can go where he wants. Willie even said this on TFW and Basch.

The allegations of tampering is at UnC and OSU.

Woods got his bag through izzy and again he is a Grad student next month.

You missed this one where he specifically says it:

So I realize this was yesterdays convo, but Larry Lee fits the definition of an Iowa booster so it would technically be against NCAA rules to be recruiting on behalf of Iowa. But when it comes to his friends things get less clear and at the end of the day no one is going to care.
He also tweets a continuation from there where he even talks about Michigan and reel.

The hub bub is not real. It's Larry calling or texting unc and osu. That's what is being alleged as tampering. That's what I think willie and basch were talking about last week. That's what I think Iowa is being turned in for.

If I was Stanford the whole reel exit would bother me but I understand. Cenzo said as much too.

He also tweets a continuation from there where he even talks about Michigan and reel.

The hub bub is not real. It's Larry calling or texting unc and osu. That's what is being alleged as tampering. That's what I think willie and basch were talking about last week. That's what I think Iowa is being turned in for.

If I was Stanford the whole reel exit would bother me but I understand. Cenzo said as much too.

I don’t live this drama and thus haven’t followed it for a few days so I’m not sure what much of this even means. Larry Lee and UNC and OSU? Reel? Iowa turned in? What or who is Basch? Totally lost.

Reactions: 24 so far and mcpat
Larry responds to someone else on Twitter saying he spoke with Rick Willits (and others he's previously known) who he has been friends with since 1987. - from this we can take meaning from the original text that Pat meant O'Connor and Willits' families not the athletes themselves. Larry said he did not speak about recruiting/portal etc.
Serious question for you. Let's say everything went down exactly as Larry Lee describes.
How does Pat Mineo even find out that those two conversations took place between old friends? Those are two unrelated parties that contacted Pat Mineo and shared that two innocent conversations between old friends took place. How would that ever happen? Theories?

I don't think people realize what pat has built. He's not going anywhere.

He's going to get bigger and bigger because people talk to him constantly and want this stuff. You don't have to like it or him but people know by going to pat they can get things out.

He posted Larry Lee texts and that Larry Lee called him 27 times. Now you can say that's BS and maybe the screen shots some how are photo shopped but I don't see see Larry Lee anywhere denying what is alleged.

Pat is becoming empowered and these couple of websites are a drop in the bucket to what he has contact to/with/from.

He's not an Iowa hater, but the Iowa hate of him is growing his brand. Hate the game not the player. Or hate both. That's certainly fair.
I would be willing to guess that Mr. Lee got some good advice to not engage with minnow anymore, so he’s not going to confirm or deny anything.

The minnow himself said half of what he posts is parody, so why would anybody believe anything he says? Or do you only believe the things he says when it’s pro PSU or bashing your rivals?

Reactions: NCHawk5
Where in that mess of time line does pat say the real woods thing was an issue. He's a grad student who can go where he wants. Willie even said this on TFW and Basch.

The allegations of tampering is at UnC and OSU.

Woods got his bag through izzy and again he is a Grad student next month.
I don't think I typed as clearly as I intended. I'm saying that you are using the same techniques that pat employs regularly. Which is to deflect. You are avoiding the prior conversation by dredging this up about Pat/Real

Unless I am misunderstanding. I don't see where anyone claimed Pat said Real Woods was an issue. The entire thing was brought into this conversation by you asking @NCHawk5 "how did he miss on Real Woods" - which was then explained to you with supporting evidence

@NCHawk5 you did nothing to me, but your posts are not my cup of tea - they tend to invite more trolling rather than conversation - I said that mostly for a laugh. apologies

Serious question for you. Let's say everything went down exactly as Larry Lee describes.
How does Pat Mineo even find out that those two conversations took place between old friends? Those are two unrelated parties that contacted Pat Mineo and shared that two innocent conversations between old friends took place. How would that ever happen? Theories?
How does Pat Mineo find out about it, regardless of content of the conversation, in the first place? If the conversations are innocent or if they are not, how the hell does it get back to Mineo in the first place? I'm not sure how you can imply the fact that Mineo found out means it's more likely that the conversations were NOT innocent conversations between longtime friends

I don't think I typed as clearly as I intended. I'm saying that you are using the same techniques that pat employs regularly. Which is to deflect. You are avoiding the prior conversation by dredging this up about Pat/Real

Unless I am misunderstanding. I don't see where anyone claimed Pat said Real Woods was an issue. The entire thing was brought into this conversation by you asking @NCHawk5 "how did he miss on Real Woods" - which was then explained to you with supporting evidence

@NCHawk5 you did nothing to me, but your posts are not my cup of tea - they tend to invite more trolling rather than conversation - I said that mostly for a laugh. apologies
Sometimes you have to troll the trolls 🤷‍♂️. It’s gotten mighty peaceful around here hasn’t it?

Reactions: mcpat

If your supporting evidence was the tweet in question solely and not the entirety of the week since that, I think I'm on firm ground.

The reel thread here and hundreds of posts making it a foregone conclusion only served to amplify pat.

Add in the flo/askren stuff....

It's a mess and the only one happy about any of this is pat. Who is probably laughing his balls off about the attention given to him.

I don’t live this drama and thus haven’t followed it for a few days so I’m not sure what much of this even means. Larry Lee and UNC and OSU? Reel? Iowa turned in? What or who is Basch? Totally lost.
Justin Basch hosts a wrestling podcast. It was co-hosted by Vincenzo Joseph until VJ took the job at Stanford. His company has done work for Cael. He’s definitely a Penn State homer, but he’s had a number of Iowa wrestlers on his podcast: SL, AM, MK, etc.

Willie and Basch both reported that both Iowa and Michigan had been reported by other schools for tampering. No other details were reported.

VJ talked, on the most recent Baschamania podcast, about how Woods had been approached with NIL deals and he talked about how other wrestlers on his Stanford team were being contacted by other schools. He gave no details. He didn’t say if it was coaches or boosters.

VJ repeatedly defended Real Woods for leaving.

Pat Mineo reported that Larry Lee had contacted both the parents of O’Connor and the parents of Willits. Larry, on his Twitter account, admitted talking to Willits’s dad, noting that they’re friends who once coached a high school team together and talk often.

I think that’s a fair, impartial summary. I apologize if I have any of it wrong. It’s been a lot.

Oh - and Willits’ coach will be on FRL next week.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Had to give this one a like

How does Pat Mineo find out about it, regardless of content of the conversation, in the first place? If the conversations are innocent or if they are not, how the hell does it get back to Mineo in the first place? I'm not sure how you can imply the fact that Mineo found out means it's more likely that the conversations were NOT innocent conversations between longtime friends
How the hell does it get back to Mineo in the first place?
The only plausible way that the information could have ended up in Mineo's lap is if one of the parties involved did not receive it well and told coaches, who told Mineo. Or they could have reached out to Mineo directly. Either way, why would you pass along information about a normal, routine phone call amongst friends? You wouldn't unless you wanted to get Larry Lee/Iowa in hot water. But why would you do that to a friend?
The reasonable explanation is it was more than a conversation between friends, and it wasn't well received. Or two families at two different universities don't like Larry Lee as much as he thinks. And they both had the same exact idea as to how to make him look bad. By contacting Pat Mineo.

Have you ever heard about a conversation a loved one had on the phone with someone else?

Have you ever told another person about such a conversation?

Isn't it possible that one of the Willits brothers wasn't comfortable knowing their dad spoke with Spencer Lee's dad with out their coach knowing?

Isn't it possible that Rick Willits took the call in ear shot of someone else involved in the program?

Isn't it possible that that Willie and/or Basch or other friends of the Willits/O'Connor's fed this info to Pat.

Isn't it possible that Larry Lee doesn't have as good of a relationship with either family as he thinks and any conversation wouldn't be received as well as he might think?

Isn't it possible that someone who lied 2 times already about this specific situation could lie yet again? (he said he never named Larry Lee by name and then was called out and recanted. He also said Larry Lee called the athletes themselves before editing his post)

And

Isn't it also possible that knowing Iowa needed some help at 141-157 the Willits and or/ O'Connor families asked Larry Lee about the potential options, without having already talked it over with their son's - who may have not been comfortable with that type of conversation going on without their coaches knowing?

There are quite a few possibilities that could have happened. I'm not saying any of these are the case, but I know Pat Mineo will do anything to drag Iowa through the Mud and I know he has shown nothing that constitutes as evidence to support his claims. So given his track record, Im inclined to support my team

Have you ever heard about a conversation a loved one had on the phone with someone else?

Have you ever told another person about such a conversation?

Isn't it possible that one of the Willits brothers wasn't comfortable knowing their dad spoke with Spencer Lee's dad with out their coach knowing?

Isn't it possible that Rick Willits took the call in ear shot of someone else involved in the program?

Isn't it possible that that Willie and/or Basch or other friends of the Willits/O'Connor's fed this info to Pat.

Isn't it possible that Larry Lee doesn't have as good of a relationship with either family as he thinks and any conversation wouldn't be received as well as he might think?

Isn't it possible that someone who lied 2 times already about this specific situation could lie yet again? (he said he never named Larry Lee by name and then was called out and recanted. He also said Larry Lee called the athletes themselves before editing his post)

And

Isn't it also possible that knowing Iowa needed some help at 141-157 the Willits and or/ O'Connor families asked Larry Lee about the potential options, without having already talked it over with their son's - who may have not been comfortable with that type of conversation going on without their coaches knowing?

There are quite a few possibilities that could have happened. I'm not saying any of these are the case, but I know Pat Mineo will do anything to drag Iowa through the Mud and I know he has shown nothing that constitutes as evidence to support his claims. So given his track record, Im inclined to support my team
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
:)

The only plausible way that the information could have ended up in Mineo's lap is if one of the parties involved did not receive it well and told coaches, who told Mineo. Or they could have reached out to Mineo directly. Either way, why would you pass along information about a normal, routine phone call amongst friends? You wouldn't unless you wanted to get Larry Lee/Iowa in hot water. But why would you do that to a friend?
The reasonable explanation is it was more than a conversation between friends, and it wasn't well received. Or two families at two different universities don't like Larry Lee as much as he thinks. And they both had the same exact idea as to how to make him look bad. By contacting Pat Mineo.
Oh look - you and I both came up with a similar plausibility.

Reactions: dunkej01 and mcpat
Oh look - you and I both came up with a similar plausibility.
Exactly. But the weirdest part is how the information traveled from Oregon and North Carolina to a guy in Allentown, PA. A little hard to swallow, but possible.
But as you say, it is all about perspective. OJ Simpson's fans thought he was the victim of a big frame-up. Much of the rest of the population thought he was 100% guilty beyond doubt. And they all heard the same evidence. But I don't have a problem supporting your guy. I'd probably do the same.

• Haha
Reactions: Flying_Tiger
Exactly. But the weirdest part is how the information traveled from Oregon and North Carolina to a guy in Allentown, PA. A little hard to swallow, but possible.
But as you say, it is all about perspective. OJ Simpson's fans thought he was the victim of a big frame-up. Much of the rest of the population thought he was 100% guilty beyond doubt. And they all heard the same evidence. But I don't have a problem supporting your guy. I'd probably do the same.
Lol wow you had to bring OJ into this. Jesus Christ talk about an awful comparison.

This is an awful take and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying so hard.

Still a pretty huge coincidence that those two guys on opposite parts of the country would both independently decide to tell Mineo regardless of content of the conversation

It's not about the crime. It's about perspective. No one is accusing anyone of murder here. relax.
It’s also about the evidence. I don’t think minnow holds up in civil let alone criminal. The guy is not reliable and has been anti Iowa in the past.

It’s also about the evidence. I don’t think minnow holds up in civil let alone criminal. The guy is not reliable and has been anti Iowa in the past.
True and true. Thanks for offering a cogent response. For the record, nothing will come of these allegations. The NCAA will spend all of 2 minutes on this and file it away.
However, if anyone thinks for a second if Mineo had the same info on Aaron Brook's father or Nick Lee's father and he would treat it any differently doesn't understand who Pat Mineo is. He would rat on his beloved Rutgers if he had a great story.

True and true. Thanks for offering a cogent response. For the record, nothing will come of these allegations. The NCAA will spend all of 2 minutes on this and file it away.
However, if anyone thinks for a second if Mineo had the same info on Aaron Brook's father or Nick Lee's father and he would treat it any differently doesn't understand who Pat Mineo is. He would rat on his beloved Rutgers if he had a great story.
I won’t speak on Mineo running with information or not on other guys, I don’t know enough about him other than his history in about the last 3 months. FWIW I’ve never pushed/co-signed cheating allegations on anyone other than Fix, and even pushed back against some posters on this board for doing so without real evidence.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Still a pretty huge coincidence that those two guys on opposite parts of the country would both independently decide to tell Mineo regardless of content of the conversation
I doubt Mineo got info from either school directly. Its more likely Bash or Willie is leaking to Mineo. We know that they are connected. Mineo just wants to appear that way

I doubt Mineo got info from either school directly. Its more likely Bash or Willie is leaking to Mineo. We know that they are connected. Mineo just wants to appear that way
Agreed. My point is that it's likely a second or third party feeding Mineo anyway, and at that point, would they necessarily care whether or not the conversation(s) that took place were above board?

In defense of bordeaux, and excuse me if I missed a point already made (just skimmin’ what I missed today), but is it plausible neither parent talked to Mineo, but to their kids’ coaches, and it was someone from each coaching staff (and/or a wrestler) that contacted Mineo? Or that a wrestler caught wind from parents, mentioned it to teammates/friends/snapchat/whatever kids use to communicate these days, and Mineo caught wind that way?

I’m content to sit and wait to see what comes out (probably nothing), but bordeaux makes a fair point that it is odd for convos to get to Mineo (and Silly) if they were just routine things no one would ever think to talk about. Someone was miffed, it would seem. I’m guessing coaches. Maybe Pendleton will reveal some intel.

In defense of bordeaux, and excuse me if I missed a point already made (just skimmin’ what I missed today), but is it plausible neither parent talked to Mineo, but to their kids’ coaches, and it was someone from each coaching staff (and/or a wrestler) that contacted Mineo? Or that a wrestler caught wind from parents, mentioned it to teammates/friends/snapchat/whatever kids use to communicate these days, and Mineo caught wind that way?

I’m content to sit and wait to see what comes out (probably nothing), but bordeaux makes a fair point that it is odd for convos to get to Mineo (and Silly) if they were just routine things no one would ever think to talk about. Someone was miffed, it would seem. I’m guessing coaches. Maybe Pendleton will reveal some intel.

I agree completely with the original point - but I fail to see how this makes it "more likely" that the conversations weren't on the up and up. This train of thought immediately means that the information to Mineo is second/third/fourth/fifth/etc hand, and at that point, does that really make it more likely which way it leans? I would argue that it doesn't, though I understand opposing fans thinking (wanting?) it to be proof that something nefarious is happening. I certainly know that there are quite a few posters here who wouldn't (and don't) give the benefit of the doubt if similar things are rumored about PSU

ADVERTISEMENT