ADVERTISEMENT

Mineo

What exactly am I guessing? That both HWC and NLWC help the respective collegiate teams and could be considered a “grey” area?

I don’t see any guessing in my original post in regard to this matter.

Z
donating to the HWC makes the person a booster of that club and it’s wrestlers but that donation does not in itself make one a booster of the university of Iowa wrestling program. HWC is a separate organization. therefore, it’s only a gray area if you reach to attempt to make it one.

Reactions: armbartilt
donating to the HWC makes the person a booster of that club and it’s wrestlers but that donation does not in itself make one a booster of the university of Iowa wrestling program. HWC is a separate organization. therefore, it’s only a gray area if you reach to attempt to make it one.

This entire saga is not all as black and white as people would like, but I think we can all agree that the NCAA really doesn’t care much about wrestling. Any real or imagined improprieties on the part of LarBear will likely go unnoticed and unpunished unless Spencer also has a younger brother who is really good at throwing a football.

HWC does not fit point 2 and 1 and 3 are very loose. You could say this site promotes Iowa athletics and I'm guessing they don't consider paying customers here boosters.
HWC is a booster organization. All three points put many/most here on record as boosters. You can argue until the cows pigs come home but that's a fact.

You seem smarter than this most of the time. Let's say this goes to a jury trial, and his message is shown to a jury. What do you suppose is going to happen?
Just regurgitating what others have been spouting in this thread. Reading the other posts must have lowered my thinking level. Lol

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I assure you most hawk fans don’t want you to ban every PSU fans that visit this board. The PSU fans that have exactly zero posts demonstrating any wrestling knowledge or passion for the sport are the posters I was typing about. You have dozens of PSU “fans” with 10,20, hell even 50 or more posts with absolutely no meaningful thought. Only trolling. I admit they usually only get into it with our more challenged posters, but if they have nothing to offer but trash why should they be allowed to stay here? They may be very knowledgeable but you sure couldn’t tell it from the posts and they certainly don’t seem willing to engage in any meaningful wrestling conversation. I understand your stance on this but it’s a very strange one. I’ve never been on BWI. Maybe someone(you) put out a post over there. “All trolls welcome on the Hawkeye board. Non will be banned.” Because my goodness they are here in force.
Nope, wouldn't do that Camp. But I do feel this was a planned invasion, and it just happened to coincide with an unannounced period of time where I was gone. Totally coincidental. Similar to what HR used to do to other boards. Guessing they got the idea from us...........

As far as those that don't have anything to offer, in your opinion, we do have an ignore feature that works well. Just a suggestion.

Z

Reactions: pumpdog20
I don’t think that was the case. Nothing to that effect posted on Nittany Nation, and few of us even have PM privileges to talk behind the scenes.
So, I hear what you are saying, but it's coming out a little mushy.......we all have PM privileges and I'm pretty sure I read something that caused me to jump to that conclusion. I suppose I could have read into that, but....?

Z

So, I hear what you are saying, but it's coming out a little mushy.......we all have PM privileges and I'm pretty sure I read something that caused me to jump to that conclusion. I suppose I could have read into that, but....?

Z
We do not all have PM privileges. If you are a paying subscriber, you have full privileges. If you are not a paying subscriber, you can reply to PMs sent to you, but you cannot initiate PMs (“conversations”).

We do not all have PM privileges. If you are a paying subscriber, you have full privileges. If you are not a paying subscriber, you can reply to PMs sent to you, but you cannot initiate PMs (“conversations”).
There’s no way in hell you all just happened to be here today.

See..........you can teach an old dog new tricks!

I've never considered that some don't pay to be here. That kind of sheds a different light on things. :)

Z

See..........you can teach an old dog new tricks!

I've never considered that some don't pay to be here. That kind of sheds a different light on things. :)

Z
Yeah, the Rivals wresting boards are free. Some pay up for the other boards, special content, and other perks, but basic viewing and posting on the wrestling boards does not require a subscription.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that some very interesting news just came out of the last few days that involves the team whose board we find ourselves on now.

Certainly as far as I know, there was nothing orchestrated. This is just organic momentum initiated by the recent wrestling media buzz.

As was said by others, there’s no PM function for any of us on BWI unless you’re a premium member or whatever. And I can’t imagine anyone knew (or cared - sorry Mike) about Z’s absence or presence.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that some very interesting news just came out of the last few days that involves the team whose board we find ourselves on now.

Certainly as far as I know, there was nothing orchestrated. This is just organic momentum initiated by the recent wrestling media buzz.

As was said by others, there’s no PM function for any of us on BWI unless you’re a premium member or whatever. And I can’t imagine anyone knew (or cared - sorry Mike) about Z’s absence or presence.
People like you seem to play on the safe side of the street!!!

Yeah, the Rivals wresting boards are free. Some pay up for the other boards, special content, and other perks, but basic viewing and posting on the wrestling boards does not require a subscription.
Yeah, I knew that........just forgot cause I'm in the Lounge more than I'm in the general population.

Z

I’ll admit I have no idea what you’re trying to say. Thank you, though, for your insight.
It’s called reading post. You respond to people that won’t come back at you. I will!! Reading is fundamental. I’m sure you know that. I’ve responded all night you chose not to respond to me but you chose to fight smaller fights

• Haha

Yeah, True story....I wasn't implying you all knew I was gone. Hell, I didn't tell anyone. I had more important things on my mind. There were state team spots on the line, and I missed out. Close, but no cigar.

I can see how the recent lines of news may have caused you all to migrate over to the best wrestling board on the entire network. (Rivals will back me up on that). :)

Z

It’s called reading post. You respond to people that won’t come back at you. I will!! Reading is fundamental. I’m sure you know that. I’ve responded all night you chose not to respond to me but you chose to fight smaller fights
Oh. Is that all? I’ve mostly been embarrassed for you when skipping past your posts. No offense.

• Haha
Yeah, True story....I wasn't implying you all knew I was gone. Hell, I didn't tell anyone. I had more important things on my mind. There were state team spots on the line, and I missed out. Close, but no cigar.

I can see how the recent lines of news may have caused you all to migrate over to the best wrestling board on the entire network. (Rivals will back me up on that). :)

Z

I, of course, can only really speak for myself, but for me my most recent foray into HR was as I advertised above. Not really malicious, maybe more like morbid curiosity?

Oh. Is that all? I’ve mostly been embarrassed for you when skipping past your posts. No offense.
Keep doing it b/c you can’t respond to common sense. All good. Your not a Iowa fan but hanging here trying to help people!! Clown. Go back to bwi where you belong.

ADVERTISEMENT