ADVERTISEMENT

Mineo

Is it a tampering violation for parents of an athlete to reach out to other athletes? That'd be news to me. Pretty sure if that counts as tampering then every program in the country has "tampered" at some point. Larry Lee isn't on staff. Him calling a wrestler at another school and encouraging them to come to Iowa would be no different than me messaging RBY and telling him he should transfer and could theoretically make a lot of NIL money if he does via t-shirt sales, etc.
If your son was on the roster your analogy would be accurate. He isn't, so you are incorrect.
For a compliance expert I figured you would be more up to speed on things.

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Or that a wrestler caught wind from parents, mentioned it to teammates/friends/snapchat/whatever kids use to communicate these days, and Mineo caught wind that way?

I think this is certainly possible and I hadn’t really thought of it until now. Honestly I think that’s how Mineo gets a lot of his “info,” through obscure social media posts that not many other people see, etc. I’m not sure if this specific info would have been gathered that way though, if I had to guess my money would be on Willie told him.

Reactions: slushhead
Still a pretty huge coincidence that those two guys on opposite parts of the country would both independently decide to tell Mineo regardless of content of the conversation
Really? That’s as good as you can do? You’d imagination sux.

A third party with knowledge about both calls could have called Minnow.

Reactions: sstark46
How can the NCAA dictate who someone outside the staff talks to? Last I checked it's a free country. I can contact anyone I want and there isn't a damn thing the NCAA could do about it.
From what I've seen, the NCAA stopped caring if big money schools were involved. Any credibility they had was lost after Cam Newton debacle.

Allow me to disabuse you all of the fallacy that this board is even moderated. It isn’t, no matter what anyone on HR “staff” claims. Never has been and never will be. They clearly aren’t interested in doing so — that’s abundantly clear.

It baffles the mind why anyone who runs a site called “Hawkeye Report” would go out of their way to be as hospitable as possible to rival trolls bent on smearing Iowa, but this is clearly the MO of the HR “moderator” and has been for at least a decade. I’ve given up on making sense of it. Mostly laziness and lack of staff, I suspect. Extremely weak, in any case, and the reason why so many legitimate Iowa fans have left and why the board is frequented so often these days by trolls with nothing better to do who only want to bash Iowa.

Hopefully grown-up fans interested in civil wrestling discussion who are mature enough to go by their own names will have a place to congregate online in a forum that’s actually moderated soon. Would be a welcome alternative to this dumpster fire of a board. I think it happens in the near future.
No idea if have the stomach to catch up on 8 pages of this, but wanted to say that this board is definitely less enjoyable without people like you on it!

Ok. i read very little but scanned most of this thread.. It got a little back on topic it seems on pages 10 & 11.. but pages 4-9 were probably among the least interesting content I have ever seen. Maybe its just monday speaking

Reactions: el dub
No idea if have the stomach to catch up on 8 pages of this, but wanted to say that this board is definitely less enjoyable without people like you on it!
And I completely agree with that statement. I personally believe WW should be here every single day.

Hell, I didn’t have the stomach to go through 8 pages, only made it to page 2 and I had had enough.

Z

ADVERTISEMENT