ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota First Commit

Benny liked to go out too much. Then he would find himself in a ruckus... Sapp went out drinking a lot. Way too much for someone who is basically a professional athlete(the averge P5 player's benefits - tuition, trainers, housing, food, tutors, etc costs more than double what an arena football player makes in a year. Jus sayin). So, Benny had to go. The guy was given a lot of chances.

Didn't Saap do an interview well after his college career was over. Where he portrayed there was still some bitterness about his dismissal. Wouldn't be a surprise his kid picked Minnesota Who hates Iowa we hate Iowa.

Didn't Saap do an interview well after his college career was over. Where he portrayed there was still some bitterness about his dismissal. Wouldn't be a surprise his kid picked Minnesota Who hates Iowa we hate Iowa.

Not sure about that, I think it was pretty clear to him whose fault it was and I honestly thought I remember hearing differently. That he understood why and what happened and it was his fault.

In fact I had thought the staff encouraged him to go up to UNI.

Not sure about that, I think it was pretty clear to him whose fault it was and I honestly thought I remember hearing differently. That he understood why and what happened and it was his fault.

In fact I had thought the staff encouraged him to go up to UNI.

I think I remember a similar story as well. Where he pretty much knew he'd towed the line a lot then crossed it.. He was an agressive chippy guy, was only 5-8' 5-9' he had to be.. Good attribute on the field, costly off of it. I think turned out alright thou. Kids getting a full ride to school albeit from those ground rats up north.

The goofs just got a commitment from Jaylen Mayfield too. I smell a future decomittment here. Seems like a rushed decision. Hopefully flips to the Hawks. Has a good motor.

The goofs just got a commitment from Jaylen Mayfield too. I smell a future decomittment here. Seems like a rushed decision. Hopefully flips to the Hawks. Has a good motor.

I would not bet on any decommitment here. Mayfield knew Fleck while Fleck was at Western Michigan (Kalamazoo is roughly 50 miles south of Grand Rapids in Michigan). Mayfield may be a project at tackle as he may be 6'4" barefoot and not very long arms. Iowa wanted to see him and may have passed. Iowa may be looking for an OT commitment from guys like 6'8"Jimmy Bell Jr. (Saginaw, MI) or 6'7" Julian Pearl (Danville, IL and recent NIU commit). Iowa has flipped a number of NIU commits before so Pearl may still be in play.

I think Iowa will land Creston's Trevor Downing but he's an OG/C at Iowa and next level at 6'4".

Reactions: Harbinger273
I would not bet on any decommitment here. Mayfield knew Fleck while Fleck was at Western Michigan (Kalamazoo is roughly 50 miles south of Grand Rapids in Michigan). Mayfield may be a project at tackle as he may be 6'4" barefoot and not very long arms. Iowa wanted to see him and may have passed. Iowa may be looking for an OT commitment from guys like 6'8"Jimmy Bell Jr. (Saginaw, MI) or 6'7" Julian Pearl (Danville, IL and recent NIU commit). Iowa has flipped a number of NIU commits before so Pearl may still be in play.

I think Iowa will land Creston's Trevor Downing but he's an OG/C at Iowa and next level at 6'4".
I do however believe Minnesota is trying to flip Bruner. I hope that commitment is secure and they don't talk him into it.. fleck has to produce right away. He is taking over a team that won 9 games last year so he pretty much has to have a winning record or the leash gets shorter. And it sounds like he is already ruffling feathers with some of the major boosters and media up there..

Reactions: GeorgeHonza
I do however believe Minnesota is trying to flip Bruner. I hope that commitment is secure and they don't talk him into it.. fleck has to produce right away. He is taking over a team that won 9 games last year so he pretty much has to have a winning record or the leash gets shorter. And it sounds like he is already ruffling feathers with some of the major boosters and media up there..

Gopher fan here. Who is he ruffling feathers with? I follow them closely and haven't heard a thing.

Do you have any names?

Gopher fan here. Who is he ruffling feathers with? I follow them closely and haven't heard a thing.

Do you have any names?
KFAN doesn't seem to like him much and there have been several paper articles not only skeptical but that have borderline made fun of his BS.. I know that from the media angle.. don't know anything about the boosters

KFAN doesn't seem to like him much and there have been several paper articles not only skeptical but that have borderline made fun of his BS.. I know that from the media angle.. don't know anything about the boosters

KFAN.....bwahbahbwahbwah

Those babbling fools! LMAO

They don't like Minnesota Sports. The fact they call it a sports station is one of the wonders of the world.

Yes, Reusse, Barreiro, and Common don't like him. I didn't think anyone would count those tools. they don't like anything Minnesota Sports. It's how they get clicks and listeners.

Do you have any names?
I think it was a couple of boosters where fans of kill claeys era.. and it's pretty well know when fleck worked with them at niu it wasn't the greatest fit. So I'm sure claeys and staff where telling booster what kind of coach you'd get a rah rah guy. And that's exactly what fleck had done.. he has got to preform fast or else this will fail for him..

Since when did they move to Minnesota? Could of swore they were from Florida

From TFA:

Sapp is the son of former Vikings cornerback Benny Sapp, and he transferred to Eden Prairie this summer from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., according to Kyle Goblirsch of 247sports.com.

I know but last year sometime I happened to come across his profile and it said he was from Florida that's why I'm asking since he's suddenly from minny
Sapp loved living in Twin Cities when he was a Viking. Last summer decided to move him and his family back north.

He picked his hometown team to play for, nothing more.

Benny Sapp, the dad, got kicked off the team after too many social transgressions. He begged Ferentz to be kept on the team. He was even down on his knees, begging. Ferentz was having none of it. Sapp then went to UNI. Got drafted by the Vikings.

Eden Prairie is where Mike Grant coaches. Son of Bud Grant, former Vikings HC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT