ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota got themselves a new state flag

I took a look at the Iowa flag and am wondering what people will get triggered by on it, if at all. I honestly think it’s pretty bad ass. In no particular order I think these are the top 8: Iowa, California, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, Maryland, South Carolina, and Utah.

state-flag-necessity-question-Iowa-World-War-1921.jpg

s-l1200.jpg

Iowa has a very good flag.

Hawaii always ranks high on the lists of best state flags. Good to see reasonable people not being all aggrieved about historical connections.
I’m not a fan of theirs. Not because of the Union Jack portion, it’s just too much going on. Give it time though and someone will throw a stink about it.

But changing it in the first place wasn't the result of being triggered?

I think an equally compelling argument could be made that if people don’t like the original flag and feel the need to create a new one for whatever reason, they’re probably triggered.
Egh. I mean, societies views change over time. If it offended Native Americans & was a widely unpopular flag, why wouldn't you change it? It was an 11-1 vote in favor of change. Doesn't seem too controversial, but people enjoy being aggrieved about nothing.

I took a look at the Iowa flag and am wondering what people will get triggered by on it, if at all. I honestly think it’s pretty bad ass. In no particular order I think these are the top 8: Iowa, California, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, Maryland, South Carolina, and Utah.

state-flag-necessity-question-Iowa-World-War-1921.jpg

s-l1200.jpg

Maryland's flag could trigger seizures....

Egh. I mean, societies views change over time. If it offended Native Americans & was a widely unpopular flag, why wouldn't you change it? It was an 11-1 vote in favor of change. Doesn't seem too controversial, but people enjoy being aggrieved about nothing.
So Native Americans were triggered and that triggered enough people to vote 11-1 to change it to appease those who were triggered.

They did a damn good job of making it look like the flag of one of those countries you have to Google just to assure your self it's a real place.

I actually really like that flag. Well done, Minnesota! Now if Illinois would get rid of what has to be the worst state flag in the country.
I actually really like that flag. Well done, Minnesota! Now if Illinois would get rid of what has to be the worst state flag in the country.
The Illinois flag couldn’t be as bad as Maryland’s. That damn thing could trigger an epileptic seizure if you stared at it for very long.

Reactions: The Tradition
….or if Kim Reynolds changed the flag to a farmer discharging hog waste into a trout stream, you could peacefully display the old Iowa flag in protest. Wouldn’t mean you’re necessarily triggered…
That flag would be the most representative flag ever for Iowa

Its Minnesota, they're basically Canada South. They're in an irrelevant state, the best thing to come from Minnesota is Richard Dean Anderson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT