ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota reinstates High School football

Hope it works for them, but there's going to be some issues.

If they have better administration of the guidelines than Iowa... cause Iowa's system has some kinks.

Should there be concern for myocarditis in high schoolers with COVID? I would think yes.
Yeah we shouldn’t allow them to workout until at least 5-20 years to see how this myocarditis affects Kids long term. No running, conditioning or anything that accelerates the heart. This would be the safest for our children.

Reactions: 1inamillion
Should there be concern for myocarditis in high schoolers with COVID? I would think yes.

Gonna burn their lungs worse than asbestos. You will have 17 year olds toting oxygen tanks like 85 year old granny sitting at the slots in Vegas.

Yeah we shouldn’t allow them to workout until at least 5-20 years to see how this myocarditis affects Kids long term. No running, conditioning or anything that accelerates the heart. This would be the safest for our children.
Myocarditis will go away with care and rest.

Yeah sure let’s go ahead and sacrifice the health of high school kids so that they can play a few football games ... no need to wait until spring when there might be a vaccine or more information on the effects of Covid19. In fact let’s just sacrifice every virgin football cheerleader and throw them in a volcano...while we are at it.

Myocarditis will go away with care and rest.

I'm ignorant on this issue. How do people with COVID have a greater risk developing myocarditis than the flu or cold that we haven't really monitored for years.

Also... are you Aristotle? Why did you get a new name?

Because Covid19 is not the flu... it is much more deadly and contagious and current studies have indicated that there may be more long-term effects like Myocarditas.

Over 300,000 will die of Covid19 and yes I know most of these are older people with pre-existing conditions but with what we know now there is no reason that we should be playing football.

It’s really as simple as that ... you either feel it’s worth the risk or you don’t . But delaying or in worst case not playing at all is not the end of the world and not worth the risk.

Because Covid19 is not the flu... it is much more deadly and contagious and current studies have indicated that there may be more long-term effects like Myocarditas.

Over 300,000 will die of Covid19 and yes I know most of these are older people with pre-existing conditions but with what we know now there is no reason that we should be playing football.

It’s really as simple as that ... you either feel it’s worth the risk or you don’t . But delaying or in worst case not playing at all is not the end of the world and not worth the risk.
The key word in your statement is MAY. Nothing proven whether it will be more or less than the flu or cold, partially because we don't do MRI's on people sick with flu.

I'm ignorant on this issue. How do people with COVID have a greater risk developing myocarditis than the flu or cold that we haven't really monitored for years.

I suggest you read more. There is research available on this discussing the inflammatory nature of Covid

The key word in your statement is MAY. Nothing proven whether it will be more or less than the flu or cold, partially because we don't do MRI's on people sick with flu.
Most people proceed with caution when presented with a "may" scenario that can be life threatening

Clearly Aristotle in disguise. They got a new name because everyone set them to ignore and their prolific posting was going into a black hole. I expect Aristotle, Peckerboy, and Club215 are all the same poster based on their frequency, style, and opinions. Just another alias to set to IGNORE. Their opinions are incontrovertible fact and they are never wrong in their tiny world.

Clearly Aristotle in disguise. They got a new name because everyone set them to ignore and their prolific posting was going into a black hole. I expect Aristotle, Peckerboy, and Club215 are all the same poster based on their frequency, style, and opinions. Just another alias to set to IGNORE. Their opinions are incontrovertible fact and they are never wrong in their tiny world.
Goodbye

Even the CDC now has stats that say, if you are less than age 75, your survival rate is about
99%. Of course, it is a dangerous virus/illness, as is a lot of disease, however, the young need to go on with the learning and living of life.

And the over 65 population needs to be very careful.

Here's the most recent survival rates issued by CDC...……...

0-19 99.97%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70 + 95%

Wash your hands a lot...….stay Socially distanced, if inside with more than a few people.
Maybe take an immune system enhancing vitamin.
Pray fervently...…………...then,
Go have some Fun.

So have the PAC 12, Mountain West and MAC. Every major college conference will be resuming football for 2020.

Even the CDC now has stats that say, if you are less than age 75, your survival rate is about
99%. Of course, it is a dangerous virus/illness, as is a lot of disease, however, the young need to go on with the learning and living of life.

And the over 65 population needs to be very careful.

Yeah the young should live carefree go out to bars and be not afraid to catch Covid because you probably won’t be in that 1% who will die.
By the same token then they should not have any contact with professors, or older people or older family members ...yeah I’m sure they are going that .

The younger generation says, I’m going to be fine, just screw everyone else your on your own .Its too much to simply be asked to wear a mask and isolate your activities for a 6 months or a year . no one else had ever had to sacrifice anything for the good of the country have they ?

What are you guys talking about? Do you have any idea how highly improbable a teenage athlete even contracting the virus. Only around 7% of the 7,107,463 total cases are in the 5-18 demo and we're talking about only 4 years of that 13 year span. That's only 497,000 total in the entire 13 years. Then you substract the fully recovered, which for the entire nation is 53%, and the younger the faster rate of recovery. So that's only 263,000 C+ in the entire age group. Of that 263,000 only around 1% will be sufficiently ill to seek medical treatment, as many as 90% could be entirely a symptomatic and the CDC no longer considers the a symptomatic spread a significant risk of transmission. So we're really looking at about 26,000 kids out of approximately 59,463,839 in the age group 5-18. That's literally a risk factor of .4037%. Obviously not all those 26000 are going to be at a football game, playing or watching. So there's a few thousand C+ HS kids out of almost 60 million that are even going to be at a football game. Then there is still the general improbability of contraction, which is obvious from the slow spread-9 months in and we're not yet at even 2% of the population.

Don't listen the mask people. The chances of getting Covid are small for everyone under 65 and tiny among teenagers and young adults.

Reactions: Arbor1
Yeah the young should live carefree go out to bars and be not afraid to catch Covid because you probably won’t be in that 1% who will die.
By the same token then they should not have any contact with professors, or older people or older family members ...yeah I’m sure they are going that .

The younger generation says, I’m going to be fine, just screw everyone else your on your own .Its too much to simply be asked to wear a mask and isolate your activities for a 6 months or a year . no one else had ever had to sacrifice anything for the good of the country have they ?

How many 65+ professors are still physically interacting with students?

What are you guys talking about? Do you have any idea how highly improbable a teenage athlete even contracting the virus. Only around 7% of the 7,107,463 total cases are in the 5-18 demo and we're talking about only 4 years of that 13 year span. That's only 497,000 total in the entire 13 years. Then you substract the fully recovered, which for the entire nation is 53%, and the younger the faster rate of recovery. So that's only 263,000 C+ in the entire age group. Of that 263,000 only around 1% will be sufficiently ill to seek medical treatment, as many as 90% could be entirely a symptomatic and the CDC no longer considers the a symptomatic spread a significant risk of transmission. So we're really looking at about 26,000 kids out of approximately 59,463,839 in the age group 5-18. That's literally a risk factor of .4037%. Obviously not all those 26000 are going to be at a football game, playing or watching. So there's a few thousand C+ HS kids out of almost 60 million that are even going to be at a football game. Then there is still the general improbability of contraction, which is obvious from the slow spread-9 months in and we're not yet at even 2% of the population.

Don't listen the mask people. The chances of getting Covid are small for everyone under 65 and tiny among teenagers and young adults.
A relief to see sanity posted! Dont forget the positive 'cases' are based on the absurd ct40 standard of PCR testing when anything above 25 is inconsequential to transmission or sickness. The infection election is brought to us by the same people who gave us the Russiagate lies and promotions, media included and complicit.

A relief to see sanity posted! Dont forget the positive 'cases' are based on the absurd ct40 standard of PCR testing when anything above 25 is inconsequential to transmission or sickness. The infection election is brought to us by the same people who gave us the Russiagate lies and promotions, media included and complicit.
I contacted the Asian flu (H2N2 which came over from guess where -- CHINA) in 1958 while a student at the Univ of Iowa.. Spent a week at UI hospital along with a number of other students. They followed up with me for years looking for long term health effects. Fortunately I never had any residual effects from the Asian flu. I never heard the results of the follow up study and suspect it is still floating around the UI hospital.

Here's the most recent survival rates issued by CDC...……...

0-19 99.97%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70 + 95%

Wash your hands a lot...….stay Socially distanced, if inside with more than a few people.
Maybe take an immune system enhancing vitamin.
Pray fervently...…………...then,
Go have some Fun.
Actually, I think I saw that the 0-18 group the number is 99.977% !!!! So of those that catch it, three in one hundred thousand!!!

Hope it works for them, but there's going to be some issues.

If they have better administration of the guidelines than Iowa... cause Iowa's system has some kinks.

You're not gonna rail on the Minny governor Timmy Walz? Hmm. Wonder why. Kim Reynolds was your punching bag but guess its ok if it's a Democrat governor. Hypocrite

You're not gonna rail on the Minny governor Timmy Walz? Hmm. Wonder why. Kim Reynolds was your punching bag but guess its ok if it's a Democrat governor. Hypocrite
Walz isn't a puppet of the WH. You see the difference?

Walz isn't a puppet of the WH. You see the difference?

I know he's a radical liberal that would rather NOT receive federal help when their city is under siege. You wanna talk about a puppet? Hes a Pelosi hanger on. U amuse Mitch. Biden comes on in 60 minutes. Bettef hope he had his aderol injection 💉

I know he's a radical liberal that would rather NOT receive federal help when their city is under siege. You wanna talk about a puppet? Hes a Pelosi hanger on. U amuse Mitch. Biden comes on in 60 minutes. Bettef hope he had his aderol injection 💉
What's your excuse gonna be in two hours? Biden had the questions beforehand, Wallace was mean to Trump, the Donalds mic wasn't working...

What's your excuse gonna be in two hours? Biden had the questions beforehand, Wallace was mean to Trump, the Donalds mic wasn't working...
Who cares, neither are worthy of being President. Unfortunately we’re stuck choosing between the two. If you think Reynolds is a puppet for the White House then why isn’t she issuing a mask mandate or other mandates since Iowa has been considered one of the biggest hot spots by the White House.

Who cares, neither are worthy of being President. Unfortunately we’re stuck choosing between the two. If you think Reynolds is a puppet for the White House then why isn’t she issuing a mask mandate or other mandates since Iowa has been considered one of the biggest hot spots by the White House.
The WH taskforce is recommending a mask mandate. Trump is not. Kimmy takes her marching orders from Trump, not the taskforce.

That trip to the WH last spring/summer for her and Pedati was the same reason DeSantis made the trip. They were pressured, in person, to fall in line.

ADVERTISEMENT