ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Tailgating

Sep 3, 2009
Does anyone have any recommendations for tailgating this weekend? I don’t have a spot reserved anywhere. The last time I tailgated was 6 years ago when I just parked in the state fair lot for a while, otherwise, it’s been about 10 years since I tried to go around the stadium.

Reactions: hawkdave007
There are a lot of flat surface lots around the stadium but good luck finding a parking pass. Bars in Dinkytown may be your best bet. Tailgating is allowed at the Fairgrounds and a shuttle runs every 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and BonzoFury
Does anyone have any recommendations for tailgating this weekend? I don’t have a spot reserved anywhere. The last time I tailgated was 6 years ago when I just parked in the state fair lot for a while, otherwise, it’s been about 10 years since I tried to go around the stadium.
There isn't any - next question

We have a pass at the Ski U Mah lot. We're staying at the Days Inn close to the stadium and you can also tailgate there in the parking lot. We may end up there depending on the weather.

You tailgate at your truck then take the shuttle to the stadium. Cheap, easy, many potties and the busses hold about 100 people. Can't beat it...
In what universe is riding a shuttle bus with 99 smelly Gopher fans better than a casual stroll down tree-lined streets with the smell of grilling brats in the air? A sterile parking lot 6 miles from the stadium does not beat someone's front yard two or three blocks from Kinnick. It just doesn't and it never will.

In what universe is riding a shuttle bus with 99 smelly Gopher fans better than a casual stroll down tree-lined streets with the smell of grilling brats in the air? A sterile parking lot 6 miles from the stadium does not beat someone's front yard two or three blocks from Kinnick. It just doesn't and it never will.
But they have lake stench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT