ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Twins hosting ‘Pride Night’ during Youth Baseball & Softball weekend at Target Field

This is America. A private organization is free to do as they wish. People can decide if they want to attend.

Two things though as it pertains to such events.

1. Why have an event that celebrates how and who one has sex with? Never understood the propensity of some to scream this from the rooftop. Just keep your sex life to yourself.

2. Pride events are political events as much as anything. There's a reason some schools have restricted the use of flags and banners.

But again, it's a private organization. People are free to decide on whether to attend.
Alan Turing, Harvey Milk, Matthew Shepard etc all faced dire consequences simply for sleeping with the same gender. The fact that individuals can now contribute openly to any walk of life regardless of sex life is something to celebrate. Think it’s a good thing folks no longer have to hide in the closet. Perhaps you’ve lived too much of a charmed life and haven’t faced discrimination or simply lack empathy to their plight for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Alan Turing, Harvey Milk, Matthew Shepard etc all faced dire consequences simply for sleeping with the same gender. The fact that individuals can now contribute openly to any walk of life regardless of sex life is something to celebrate. Think it’s a good thing folks no longer have to hide in the closet. Perhaps you’ve lived too much of a charmed life and haven’t faced discrimination or simply lack empathy to their plight for whatever reason.

What people do in their bedroom is their business.

Hopefully the marketing team did the math on this before they did it. It should get some publicity.

I'm always Leary of these as a marketing ploy because the temporary bump in share of voice you get is from people who don't share a passion for the product being promoted, in this case the twins. Maybe they feel like the city is liberal enough that this will be a huge win for them, but 99% of youth baseball/softball participants don't have gay parents (nor parents who will be encouraging homosexuality) so it just seems like the crossover promotion here is mismatched...just my opinion.

I know where in that statement liberals will pick apart, and I'll just say this. Kids growing up to be gay is something parents adapt to and accept because they love their children unconditionally, it's not something they wish for them. Like hoping they become a doctor but then they end up being a struggling actor instead, they still love and encourage them.

Hopefully the marketing team did the math on this before they did it. It should get some publicity.

I'm always Leary of these as a marketing ploy because the temporary bump in share of voice you get is from people who don't share a passion for the product being promoted, in this case the twins. Maybe they feel like the city is liberal enough that this will be a huge win for them, but 99% of youth baseball/softball participants don't have gay parents (nor parents who will be encouraging homosexuality) so it just seems like the crossover promotion here is mismatched...just my opinion.

I know where in that statement liberals will pick apart, and I'll just say this. Kids growing up to be gay is something parents adapt to and accept because they love their children unconditionally, it's not something they wish for them. Like hoping they become a doctor but then they end up being a struggling actor instead, they still love and encourage them.
So, the only people who support the LGBT community are those who are “forced” to? Why didn’t anyone tell me this before?

So, the only people who support the LGBT community are those who are “forced” to? Why didn’t anyone tell me this before?
Did you try to reply to my post? Or did I give you the impression I was saying something I wasn't?

To answer your question, nobody told you that because it's not true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT