ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Twins/Iowa Football Comparison

KirbyHawk75

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I know, two different sports, but please hear me out. The Twins had gone very stale with Ron Gardenhire. He was and is a very good manager that had a lot of success. However, he got very stubborn at the end of his career. He was too old-school and would not change with the times.

Paul Molitor came in and from Spring Training, those in the know said the clubhouse felt different. Molitor has been more open to new things (defensive shifts, platooning, using the closer when game is tied from time to time, different lineups, etc.) The Twins are not World Series threats but have been better and more fun. They are 21-17 however.

Gardenhire had little talent over the last few years, and as I said, had a lot of success. But it was time to go. A time to change.

Has Iowa football gotten there? Do we need a change? KF is kind of like the Ron Gardenhire of college football. A great coach but is stubborn to change. KF deserves another chance to turn the program around, but I just cannot resist seeing the comparisons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News