ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Will Win The West

I am starting to think this to be truth. Just something about this season. Kind of reminds me of NW last year.

tenor.gif

Reactions: JAMAM
I would agree that the west will be won by Iowa or WIsconsin, but if I were a gambling man my money today would be on Bucky. Win out and Iowa wins because I think tOSU takes down Bucky, but I don't see us scoring enough points on Bucky to win head to head. Of course, a lot can happen before we meet them at Camp Randall.

Minnesota may well beat Iowa. Heck, at this point Illinois might beat Iowa.
But Wisconsin will win the division, and they should. Once again, the Badgers are what Iowa could be. Wisconsin is clearly the best team in the division. Last year is when Iowa really blew the chance to re-establish themselves and push Bucky down a notch. But this year, Wisconsin is on its way to what appears to be a tremendous showdown with Ohio State for the Big Ten title.

Minnesota is taking advantage of its schedule and is likely to give Iowa fits, at least.

Wisconsin still has to come to Minnesota & win. Minnesota actually has wood QB, 3 of the top WR's in the BigTen, & one of the best WR'S core in the nation. Really good RB's. Minnesota destroyed Wisconsin last season.

Wisconsin struggled to contain Minnesota Minnesota WR's & if Wisconsin focus on that, gophers have running back good ones who break out & online is gelling

Wisconsin still has to come to Minnesota & win. Minnesota actually has wood QB, 3 of the top WR's in the BigTen, & one of the best WR'S core in the nation. Really good RB's. Minnesota destroyed Wisconsin last season.

Wisconsin struggled to contain Minnesota Minnesota WR's & if Wisconsin focus on that, gophers have running back good ones who break out & online is gelling

This year is not last year, completely different scenarios.

My eyeballs tell me that right now Wisconsin is a dominant college football team, nearly as complete a team as Ohio State is. My eyeballs do not tell me the same story when I watch Minnesota play. I'll be shocked if Minnesota can stay within 20 points of Wisconsin this year.

Ya!
Like they lit up the world in the impressive 7 point victory over SD St,
or the Double OT 3 pt victory over Fresno St
or the 3 point destruction of Georgia State?
The Goofers are truly a team to be feared.

Their actual schedule is only 3 weeks long, and it doesn't get here for a few weeks. The only accurate thing you said is that Wisconsin "has" to go to Minnesota. I feel bad for them for that.

After all the Ped St posts, how did you figure out a way to construct the dumbest one of the week. The Goofers are trash, and will be the worst 9-3 team in the history of the sport.

Wisconsin wins by 3 touchdowns...…. Minimum!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: HatesPretenders

Have you watched any other team in the country play besides Minnesota? Clearly you haven’t. Even the Iowa oline looked great against horrible competition and that’s all the Gophers have played so far.

Their offense looks good, but does Minnesota have a defense? They're going to need a good-to-great defense to compete with Penn State and Wisconsin. They'll need a better than mediocre defense to compete with Iowa. Minnesota isn't going to score much in those three games so they'll have to win the time of possession and field position battles to have a chance.

Taylor might have 400 yards himself in that game.
Look up how many rushing yard he had vs. Gophers last year and against northwestern this year. Gophers dared them to throw last year & will do the same again. Their QB hasn't attempted a long pass all year. If northwestern Wildcats had a QB they would have beaten Wisconsin.

Essentially in the first 4 games, reporters have come out & admitted in Minnesota, fleck & coaches told them he didn't use any plays during non-conference which showed because in Purdue games, gophers opened & used their playbook & Purdue couldn't stop gophers on offense.

Gophers defense has been much better under the new DCoordinator

Have you watched any other team in the country play besides Minnesota? Clearly you haven’t. Even the Iowa oline looked great against horrible competition and that’s all the Gophers have played so far.

Actually I watch other games. I am not saying gophers will finish 1st, or 2nd but gophers offense is light years ahead due to finally having WR's who can catch, a position never recruited under old staff.

We haven't played Rutgers yet, but I'll take the victory. Thank you!
South Dakota State would blow Rutgers out of the water, but they also manhandled the Gophers for 3 quarters and still lost somehow so.........Rutgers is a loser proof game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT