ADVERTISEMENT

Missed tackles

The worst defense and tackling I have seen from an Iowa defense in more than 20 years. The Iowa defense looked like Nebraska’s defense over the past decade out there.

It was hard to watch. I’m ready for Schulte to be done with football. He peaked early in his Iowa career and has not gotten any better. He’s been terrible in run support. It’s almost as if he’s scared to get in there and make a play.

He makes a lot of tackles but not a lot of plays if that makes sense.
I'd say he makes a lot of plays normally, although I don;t think he has the sideline to sideline speed or length (obviously) that Campbell did. Just no one including Hig or Jackson really wrapped up well tonight. As for Xman he's bringing some lumber, but he still rarely EVER wraps guys up.

I'd say he makes a lot of plays normally, although I don;t think he has the sideline to sideline speed or length (obviously) that Campbell did. Just no one including Hig or Jackson really wrapped up well tonight. As for Xman he's bringing some lumber, but he still rarely EVER wraps guys up.

X has been a huge disappointment too. We have two safeties starting that are terrified of run support.

The worst defense and tackling I have seen from an Iowa defense in more than 20 years. The Iowa defense looked like Nebraska’s defense over the past decade out there.

It was hard to watch. I’m ready for Schulte to be done with football. He peaked early in his Iowa career and has not gotten any better. He’s been terrible in run support. It’s almost as if he’s scared to get in there and make a play.
He does take advantage of getting down the field by riding the ball carrier for 5-10 yards quite regularly

Reactions: GarryO37
He does take advantage of getting down the field by riding the ball carrier for 5-10 yards quite regularly
Agree 100%. It’s also after the RB has reached the second level too because Schulte is always late in run support. Schulte would rather sit there and watch the front seven make a play than make the play himself.

There were a lot of times tonight Schulte was just sitting back and watching the RB run with the ball and break tackle attempts from the front 7.

Reactions: MitchLL
Can't think of a single defensive guy tonite that didn't miss multiple tackles.

X looks like a guy that's never seen the inside of a weight room.

So glad we spent all that NIL money to keep all these 6th year defensive guys. Also, I hope we’ve learned our lesson about bringing in P5 cast offs. Find good players from lower levels with a chip on their shoulder looking to play up and make a name for themselves.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT