ADVERTISEMENT

Missing student from Brooklyn, IA

Hoping they find her safe. My sister's step-daughter - she just turned 37 - has been missing for over a month now.

Almost 48 hours now since last seen, Please let this turn out to be a good story. That’s all I ask

DilTlwqVQAAgEdZ

The most recent update I saw, the mom thinks she went missing the next morning.

"Possibly she went missing the next morning. She works for the day care and they were going to the fair Thursday and were all supposed to wear red shirts," said Laura. "And we can't find that red shirt Mollie was supposed to wear that morning anywhere."

Her boyfriend said he talked to her the night before at about 10pm.

Reactions: Hinsdalehawk
The most recent update I saw, the mom thinks she went missing the next morning.

"Possibly she went missing the next morning. She works for the day care and they were going to the fair Thursday and were all supposed to wear red shirts," said Laura. "And we can't find that red shirt Mollie was supposed to wear that morning anywhere."

Her boyfriend said he talked to her the night before at about 10pm.

I imagine the boyfriend is/has been interviewed?

Reactions: Lurker1999
I imagine the boyfriend is/has been interviewed?

They're combing over every single aspect of their relationship, talking to friends and family, etc. Going to find out their relationship history, history of violence, etc. At least I hope they're doing that (not saying the BF had anything to do with it BTW ... just saying they'll want to investigate every possibility).

Why in the f--k has this thread gone political . Someone's daughter is missing

Not to mention someone was idiotic enough to comment on her physical appearance . How dense does a person have to be to not understand that maybe this is one of those situations where juvenile comments probably should be avoided

Every one deals with scary stuff differently

Some like to joke. Some like to change the topic. Some like to get sad. Some like to get angry. There is no right way

Reactions: The_Joker13
"Every one deals with scary stuff differently"

It's not up to you to determine what is the right way and wrong way. Every one deals with scary stuff differently.
do you really think the poster that posted the comment is having a hard time with his feelings on this. He made a stupid comment trying to be funny. Clearly he does not have the social awareness to understand there are some topics that should never be joked about.

do you really think the poster that posted the comment is having a hard time with his feelings on this. He made a stupid comment trying to be funny. Clearly he does not have the social awareness to understand there are some topics that should never be joked about.

Every one deals with scary stuff differently.

I'm gonna keep typing it because you guys don't get it. It's not up to you to determine how anyone process, deals with, rejects or handles information. If McLovin wants to joke about, and to be fair I was gonna make the same comment, that's fine. if you don't like it just ignore it. You don't have to try and tell someone how they need to respond to certain things. I'm sure there stuff you respond to that I think its a disgusting way to it. But, I'm not selfish enough to tell you how you should react cause its not like me. And save me the social awareness bullcrap. This is a message board and you don't know the vicitm. If she is that.

Do I have to be "having a hard time with my feelings" to make that comment or a joke. Nope. Would I make it if it bring a smile to one person's face even though it might piss off everyone else, hell yes.

Not everybody sees a missing person and immediately says OMG this is the worst thing ever, I don't want to think about it, it's too painful, what if it was my kid. If that's you more power to you. But, every one deals with scary stuff differently. Some like to deflect with humors, others like to get sad, others get angry, others hit the little X in the top right of the screen.

Every one deals with scary stuff differently.

I'm gonna keep typing it because you guys don't get it. It's not up to you to determine how anyone process, deals with, rejects or handles information. If McLovin wants to joke about, and to be fair I was gonna make the same comment, that's fine. if you don't like it just ignore it. You don't have to try and tell someone how they need to respond to certain things. I'm sure there stuff you respond to that I think its a disgusting way to it. But, I'm not selfish enough to tell you how you should react cause its not like me. And save me the social awareness bullcrap. This is a message board and you don't know the vicitm. If she is that.

Do I have to be "having a hard time with my feelings" to make that comment or a joke. Nope. Would I make it if it bring a smile to one person's face even though it might piss off everyone else, hell yes.

Not everybody sees a missing person and immediately says OMG this is the worst thing ever, I don't want to think about it, it's too painful, what if it was my kid. If that's you more power to you. But, every one deals with scary stuff differently. Some like to deflect with humors, others like to get sad, others get angry, others hit the little X in the top right of the screen.
sometimes people are UNAWARE that their comment might be inappropriate. Maybe the poster does not have kids and is not aware that for parents, this is literally the worse scenario on the planet

I remember on this site a parent that had a kid with special needs made a very eloquent post when a poster had used the 'r' word. Sometimes people learn things on here and not just use some horses--t excuse like people deal with things differently. No s--t people deal with things differently. Doesn't give them the green light to just say whatever the hell they want, no matter how inappropriate it may be

I am friends with a FBI agent here and he says the human trafficking here along 80 is awful especially in the Johnson county (Iowa City) area. A lot log exchanges go on between Des Moines and Walcott, Is. he has some awful stories that I won’t repeat.

Reactions: Herkmeister
I am friends with a FBI agent here and he says the human trafficking here along 80 is awful especially in the Johnson county (Iowa City) area. A lot log exchanges go on between Des Moines and Walcott, Is. he has some awful stories that I won’t repeat.

So if this was human trafficking, what happens? They incapacitate her and send her to Mexico or overseas as a sex slave? Does someone purchase her inside the states?

So if this was human trafficking, what happens? They incapacitate her and send her to Mexico or overseas as a sex slave? Does someone purchase her inside the states?

I think the Des Moines Register had a really good series about human trafficking in Iowa a couple years ago, but I can't find it.

Des Moines is a human trafficking hotspot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whotv....ght-a-story-of-human-trafficking-in-iowa/amp/
“When we saw the NCAA tournaments here earlier this year, Polk County saw a 45-percent increase in the number of persons being offered for sale during the time frame of that tournament,” says Ferjak.

He says that same spike happens during the 80/35 music festival, the Downtown Farmer’s Market and even the Iowa State Fair.

“It's not the event itself. They are not trafficking at the State Fair but there are people at the State Fair who for whatever motivation have looked at these pages," he said. "They have made those calls and have made those arrangements and the traffickers are supplying what they want.”

Experts say the average buyer is a middle-aged white man between the age of 30-49. Nearly 75 percent of them are college educated and two-thirds of them have children of their own.

Trafficking is a game of supply and demand and Iowa is in the prime location for it due to interstates 35 and 80.

Reactions: Herkmeister
here is an updated story from less than 2 hrs ago; still no trace of her

https://desmoinesregister.com/story...a-student-missing-poweshiek-county/812906002/

A Facebook page set up to help find Tibbetts said investigators are working with the university and social media companies to get access to a laptop and online accounts that might provide an electronic footprint of her whereabouts.

The Poweshiek sheriff's office said no new information was available, but that the search continued Saturday.

Tibbetts was last seen while jogging, wearing gym shorts, a black sports bra and running shoes.

Tibbetts is described as a 5-foot-3 white woman, weighing 120 pounds.

Officials are actively searching for her. Anyone with information should call 641-623-5679.

ADVERTISEMENT