ADVERTISEMENT

Missing student from Brooklyn, IA

I am friends with a FBI agent here and he says the human trafficking here along 80 is awful especially in the Johnson county (Iowa City) area. A lot log exchanges go on between Des Moines and Walcott, Is. he has some awful stories that I won’t repeat.

Is your friend part of the Deep State?

I grew up there and went to School in Brooklyn. Her mom was two grades above me. Terrible situation there right now. They had 350+ people searching yesterday. Every corn field, building, creek area, etc in what sounded like a 5 square mile of the house….My buddy said that DCI has taken over the running of the investigation.

I grew up there and went to School in Brooklyn. Her mom was two grades above me. Terrible situation there right now. They had 350+ people searching yesterday. Every corn field, building, creek area, etc in what sounded like a 5 square mile of the house….My buddy said that DCI has taken over the running of the investigation.
Would google and Apple be able to help without a search warrant in cases like this?

For example, on my phone, in Google maps, when you go to "timeline" it shows exactly where I was during the day and it also shows from "what time" to "what time."

So, if something happened where she suddenly stopped moving, it would show where. When her phone went off, it would show where.

Gosh, you would think with all the technology out there, it would be hard for someone to just vanish.

Hope there is good news fast and would be interested in learning what technologies they use to find her.

Again, I would think mapping software on her phone would be a great help to figure out what time she stopped moving, where that happened and what time (and where) her phone went off.

With my step-niece (?) I don't think anyone's worried about human trafficking or a serial killer. She's easily attractive enough to get attention but she's also dealt with drug and alcohol issues most of her adult life. I could post multiple mug shots here - I won't. She's lost custody of her children - my sister and BiL (Katie's dad) are raising two of them when they should only be dealing with their grandkids. I've only met her a couple of times but Mike is a great person who spends his vacations going to place like Haiti and Kenya to work with kids. I guess when you spend a lot of your life fearing exactly what's happened with Katie it's different than when it just randomly occurs but I know how much he loves her and I know it's tearing him up thinking that she's finally slipped away for good.

Reactions: MarkRules
Then dont comment - pretty easy especially on a format where you actually have to craft a sentence during a response.

Best way to approach making what might be a questionable post, IMO, is if you wouldn’t mind similar comments from strangers, if this were your daughter, sister, or mother missing, go right ahead. If you’re still good, you’re deranged.

Every one deals with scary stuff differently.

I'm gonna keep typing it because you guys don't get it. It's not up to you to determine how anyone process, deals with, rejects or handles information. If McLovin wants to joke about, and to be fair I was gonna make the same comment, that's fine. if you don't like it just ignore it. You don't have to try and tell someone how they need to respond to certain things. I'm sure there stuff you respond to that I think its a disgusting way to it. But, I'm not selfish enough to tell you how you should react cause its not like me. And save me the social awareness bullcrap. This is a message board and you don't know the vicitm. If she is that.

Do I have to be "having a hard time with my feelings" to make that comment or a joke. Nope. Would I make it if it bring a smile to one person's face even though it might piss off everyone else, hell yes.

Not everybody sees a missing person and immediately says OMG this is the worst thing ever, I don't want to think about it, it's too painful, what if it was my kid. If that's you more power to you. But, every one deals with scary stuff differently. Some like to deflect with humors, others like to get sad, others get angry, others hit the little X in the top right of the screen.
How did this post get 3 likes?! Then dont say anything at all. Humor is ridiculous in this situation

I am friends with a FBI agent here and he says the human trafficking here along 80 is awful especially in the Johnson county (Iowa City) area. A lot log exchanges go on between Des Moines and Walcott, Is. he has some awful stories that I won’t repeat.

I-80 is a hub for a lot of criminal activity. It is a east-west pipeline across the country.

I'm gonna keep typing it because you guys don't get it. It's not up to you to determine how anyone process, deals with, rejects or handles information. If McLovin wants to joke about, and to be fair I was gonna make the same comment, that's fine. if you don't like it just ignore it. You don't have to try and tell someone how they need to respond to certain things. I'm sure there stuff you respond to that I think its a disgusting way to it. But, I'm not selfish enough to tell you how you should react cause its not like me. And save me the social awareness bullcrap. This is a message board and you don't know the vicitm. If she is that.

Do I have to be "having a hard time with my feelings" to make that comment or a joke. Nope. Would I make it if it bring a smile to one person's face even though it might piss off everyone else, hell yes.

Not everybody sees a missing person and immediately says OMG this is the worst thing ever, I don't want to think about it, it's too painful, what if it was my kid. If that's you more power to you. But, every one deals with scary stuff differently. Some like to deflect with humors, others like to get sad, others get angry, others hit the little X in the top right of the screen.
Done dealing with you

Reactions: Franisdaman

Plain and simply, you are an f****** idiot and a mouth at that. “If she is”? Wow. You have a young woman that has vanished for no immediate reason and has been missing since Thursday. It is very likely she is gone for good. Normally how these things go. When you have kids, you’ll understand. Until then, shut your mouth

It is when dumbass, insensitive comments are made. It is really amazing how many simply don’t get it. It really shows how incredibly dense and insensitive you are

Or maybe desensitized. Perhaps this is a symptom of being face to face with constant doom and gloom.

Most likely everyone here is hoping she is found and in good condition.

Plain and simply, you are an f****** idiot and a mouth at that. “If she is”? Wow. You have a young woman that has vanished for no immediate reason and has been missing since Thursday. It is very likely she is gone for good. Normally how these things go. When you have kids, you’ll understand. Until then, shut your mouth

I get the feeling that you two won't be hanging out anytime soon.

This is awful.

Now, while I'll be derided for "making everything political", I think it should be considered that this nightmare is similarly being created by our own government as it relates to the situation at the border—separating children from parents often for months often with little or no information as to where the child/children is/are and when they will be reunited. Yeah, apples to oranges, but still fruit.

Apples to oranges, but still both fruit, and compassion is appropriate for both situations, and both situations deserve a response of "how do we stop this shit".

Last edited:
This is awful.

Now, while I'll be derided for "making everything political", I think it should be considered that this nightmare is being created by our own government as it relates to the situation with people trying to enter the United States—legally or not—unnecessarily separating children from parents often for months often with little or no information as to where the child/children is/are and when they will be reunited. Yeah, apples to oranges, but still fruit.

Apples to oranges, but still both fruit, and compassion is appropriate for both situations.

What?

Hi, welcome to the internet.

OR...welcome to a day and age where way too many people have no compassion or empathy for others, any sense of dignity or right or wrong and everything is about the entertainment value to them. They are so self absorbed that they cannot even process what it means to be mature and respectful towards others, especially in stressful times.

Yes, it is evident on the internet, but it is a revelation of your true character...as in not having one.

OR...welcome to a day and age where way too many people have no compassion or empathy for others, any sense of dignity or right or wrong and everything is about the entertainment value to them. They are so self absorbed that they cannot even process what it means to be mature and respectful towards others, especially in stressful times.

Yes, it is evident on the internet, but it is a revelation of your true character...as in not having one.

Hi, welcome to the internet.

I think it should be considered that this nightmare is similarly being created by our own government as it relates to the situation at the border—separating children from parents often for months often with little or no information as to where the child/children is/are and when they will be reunited.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Each day the chances of this ending good drop significantly :(

It looks pretty bleak. At this point the best case might be that she escapes confinement or her kidnappers with minimal harm.

@Rudolph brings up an interesting point. In this thread we have people that have made light of this situation. We have others that have become completely emotionally invested because they are parents, and are from Iowa. Yet there is an emotional firewall between some of those people and the parents and children that have been separated by the government. It is probably hard for them to become empathetic because they can't see themselves seperated from their kids in that way, but they can create a scenario in their mind where their kid is kidnapped.

All that being said, it can be easy to understand the process that happened in this thread where people weren't acting terribly worried.

Also it is 2016 so lrn2gif.

It looks pretty bleak. At this point the best case might be that she escapes confinement or her kidnappers with minimal harm.

@Rudolph brings up an interesting point. In this thread we have people that have made light of this situation. We have others that have become completely emotionally invested because they are parents, and are from Iowa. Yet there is an emotional firewall between some of those people and the parents and children that have been separated by the government. It is probably hard for them to become empathetic because they can't see themselves seperated from their kids in that way, but they can create a scenario in their mind where their kid is kidnapped.

All that being said, it can be easy to understand the process that happened in this thread where people weren't acting terribly worried.

Serious question. Do the people at the border fear the government is murdering their children? I honestly don’t see this as even remotely the same.

Thats a long and completely unrelated way around just to try and justify bad attempts at humor. Originally somone cant handle being scared - now its because of the boarder.

How about this: it was a weak attempt at humor that was poorly conceived and shouldnt have been delivered - chalk it up to being stupid - pretty simple.

Thats a long and completely unrelated way around just to try and justify bad attempts at humor. Originally somone cant handle being scared - now its because of the boarder.

How about this: it was a weak attempt at humor that was poorly conceived and shouldnt have been delivered - chalk it up to being stupid - pretty simple.

It is amazing the lengths that some will take to cover their own stupidity. Or, perhaps, to chase their likes. Embarrassing and pathetic, really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT