ADVERTISEMENT

Missing student from Brooklyn, IA

NEWSFLASH - If you commit a crime and go to jail you will be separated from your children and you, not society, is who's responsible for that sad situation. The only firewall at play here is the one between your brain the ability to understand logic at a 7th grade level.

NEWFLASH - "If you commit a crime and go to jail you will be separated from your children" but your children will not be jailed. See the difference?

I don't know that calling off the ground search implies anything more than they have covered every square inch of the county. I hope your source is right Tom and they are onto a lead that helps find her.

NEWFLASH - "If you commit a crime and go to jail you will be separated from your children" but your children will not be jailed. See the difference?.

LMFAO!!! What do you think happens when you commit a crime in Mexico with your children? Do you think they pay to have Mary Poppins flown in to give your children a tour of all the best local taco stands?

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
I didn't try to turn this political—I did turn it political. Why? Because I knew that my comment would draw out the politics of who gets empathy/compassion and who doesn't. Obviously this is an awful, awful story. I hope this young woman is found, alive, and able to recover from whatever trauma she is experiencing.

The thread derailed long before my input. This story, and the universal reaction of empathy (benefit of the doubt to those using awkward humor), provoke me to wonder where the lines of empathy/compassion are drawn for people—and, absurdly, how these "lines" indeed are, or have become, political.

I fully expect negative reaction to my input—no problem with that—but don't see why it can't be accompanied by something along the lines of "yes, dick, both situations deserve our empathy and compassion."

Alas, it is once again clear that some people apparently believe that some people simply don't deserve basic human empathy and compassion. This is alarming and I feel worth exploring, even as it may detract from this particular tragic missing person story, even as it may "derail" the thread.

And you turning it political shows what a lousy excuse for a human being you are.

And you turning it political shows what a lousy excuse for a human being you are.
I don't think you understand my point. My secondary point, dovetailing my main point, is that empathy and compassion have become (or maybe have always been) to a degree politicized. I didn't make it that way. I'm drawing attention to it so that maybe it can become un-politicized. Does that help clarify?

I hope the calling off the ground search means good news.

I don't think you understand my point. My secondary point, dovetailing my main point, is that empathy and compassion have become (or maybe have always been) to a degree politicized. I didn't make it that way. I'm drawing attention to it so that maybe it can become un-politicized. Does that help clarify?

I understand that you are a lousy excuse for a human being.

I have no idea if the source was 100% percent solid, but someone who lives in area mentioned FBI was there on Friday. I have no reason to think she was lying

Thanks. Good to know...at this point you almost have to hope she has some crazy in her and just escaped to somewhere without telling someone but she doesn't sound like she is that type. It will be five days in a few hours.

The entire point is don't make this thread about finding a missing girl about politics you piece of shit.

According to this article..she was NOT out jogging.

Her boyfriend of nearly three years, Dalton Jack, told TV9 he opened a Snapchat around 10 Wednesday night, where she was back inside dog sitting.

“Just a selfie with a caption like any other normal snapchat, but the background looked like she was indoors,” said Jack.

TV9 did contact authorities for further development on the case, but they declined to comment. Anyone with information is asked to call the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office at 641-623-5679.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Fa...isinformation-surrounding-case-488946381.html

Her boyfriend of nearly three years, Dalton Jack, told TV9 he opened a Snapchat around 10 Wednesday night, where she was back inside dog sitting.

“Just a selfie with a caption like any other normal snapchat, but the background looked like she was indoors,” said Jack.

TV9 did contact authorities for further development on the case, but they declined to comment. Anyone with information is asked to call the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office at 641-623-5679.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Fa...isinformation-surrounding-case-488946381.html

Ok....so where was she at?

Did she send it at 10 or did he just open it at 10?

Probably wrong, but my 2 theories based on information being thrown around are:

1. She left somewhere on her own free will, or

2. Boyfriend had something to do with it

Slightly off this topic but I’ve often wondered...has there been ANY news at all about the missing teen from LPC? That was so terrible and so is this.

When they say the search continues for him is someone continually searching every day for him or do they more hope for a lucky lead?

At this point I can't imagine too many people are physically searching at least not in an official way.

Boyfriend/husband/ex is always a suspect until he's ruled out. And if you want to look like the good, caring, grieving boyfriend, you give interviews and shed a few tears.
I've watched enough 48 hours/ Forensic Files to know that the perp tries to interject himself/herself(not trying to make this gender specific)back into the investigation.

I understand that you are a lousy excuse for a human being.
3. No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
* Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
* Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them.
* calling other posters childish names like haters and kool-aide drinkers, which brings nothing to the table.
* In short, making a poster a target.

3. No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
* Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
* Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them.
* calling other posters childish names like haters and kool-aide drinkers, which brings nothing to the table.

Bunch of haters and kool-aid drinkers in here.

that was not an attack.

that was the truth.

they are more of : sort of a way to rule out people before they get that far- to court

You can help speed up the investigation and free up resources if you are a person of interest and agree to a polygraph so investigators can focus elsewhere....assuming you pass it. The caveat is if you are innocent but for some reason your test is considered inconclusive or a failure you can actually shift more resources onto yourself. Think about how painful it would be if you were an innocent friend/relative but got a guilty reading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT