ADVERTISEMENT

Missing student from Brooklyn, IA

I still wonder if the tornados had something to do with it. they probably did not hit Brooklyn but maybe she was elsewhere. wasn't it that day?

The accuracy is low and it outweighs the benefits of taking one. It's a no win situation.

Beat me to it Acie. Investigators will sometimes looks at someone's willingness to take one as much as the actual results if they do end up taking the polygraph. I was once asked if I would take a polygraph to exclude me as a suspect in an internal theft. I agreed so my employer spared the expense of having me take a test which may or may not have been right and actually placed higher credence on what I said in my interview than the other employees who balked at taking the polygraph. (The reason I agreed in the first place is because I had signed an agreement to submit to a polygraph if requested as part of my employment so I figured if they really wanted me to take it... I'd already agreed to it and trying to worm out would make me look guilty as hell).

Reactions: Rudolph
According to this article..she was NOT out jogging.

Her boyfriend of nearly three years, Dalton Jack, told TV9 he opened a Snapchat around 10 Wednesday night, where she was back inside dog sitting.

“Just a selfie with a caption like any other normal snapchat, but the background looked like she was indoors,” said Jack.

TV9 did contact authorities for further development on the case, but they declined to comment. Anyone with information is asked to call the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office at 641-623-5679.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Fa...isinformation-surrounding-case-488946381.html

This was the last time anyone actually heard from her. She has went jogging in the morning before work, so they are still thinking that could be a possibility. She was also suppose to wear red shirt to work for some event, and the shirt she was going to be wearing has not been found, so that is why they also said she could be in a red shirt.

so the people looking for your loved one can focus their attention on someone other than you.........well, assuming you dont have anything to hide!

That's not how it works, at all.

You can fail one and be innocent
You can pass one and be guilty

They don't help you. They only hurt you.

Any good lawyer will advise you to never ever take a lie detector.

Speaking of facts, we have no idea if she was murdered. That's an assumption on your part. What we do know is that her parents have no idea where she is. Exactly like thousands of parents were put through under Trump.
Again...you and your goofy commie friends feel like if you break a law it is up to you to decide if you did or not. That is not how the United States works there Huey. If you do not like that pack up and find a nice comfy place elsewhere. If immigrants want to enter this country...great! Do it the right way.

Reactions: pahawk1
That's not how it works, at all.

You can fail one and be innocent
You can pass one and be guilty

They don't help you. They only hurt you.

Any good lawyer will advise you to never ever take a lie detector.
There's a reason why "polygraphs" are not admissible in court. There is significant variability from one session to another. There are some who lack skin conductance due to psychopathy. However, some people have a lack of skin conductance due to brain injury/illness. There is a certain percentage who don't have a skin conductance response, period, regardless of the task/questions.

It's a fairly standard measurement tool in the behavioral sciences and when used in a large number of subjects the variability can be worked out statistically. But, there are too many variables at an individual subject basis to be reliable enough for our court system.

Just my opinion on the topic as a whole and in no way reflective of my thoughts on this particular case.

Reactions: Herkmeister
This still baffles me, so what happens to all the young women that are “purchased”? Are they eventually murdered or let go by their “owners”? Locked away in a basement for years?

Some escape, some are murdered, some kept captive.

Have you guys forgotten about the guy in Ohio who kept the neighborhood girls in his basement for like 10 years, just a few houses away from their own homes? Granted, he didn't sell them, but he kept them for his own use (impregnating at least the one), and nobody had any idea for years.

Beat me to it Acie. Investigators will sometimes looks at someone's willingness to take one as much as the actual results if they do end up taking the polygraph. I was once asked if I would take a polygraph to exclude me as a suspect in an internal theft. I agreed so my employer spared the expense of having me take a test which may or may not have been right and actually placed higher credence on what I said in my interview than the other employees who balked at taking the polygraph. (The reason I agreed in the first place is because I had signed an agreement to submit to a polygraph if requested as part of my employment so I figured if they really wanted me to take it... I'd already agreed to it and trying to worm out would make me look guilty as hell).

So you didn't tell us what you stole.

Reactions: MotorBoater
This still baffles me, so what happens to all the young women that are “purchased”? Are they eventually murdered or let go by their “owners”? Locked away in a basement for years?

Have you guys forgotten about the guy in Ohio who kept the neighborhood girls in his basement for like 10 years, just a few houses away from their own homes? Granted, he didn't sell them, but he kept them for his own use (impregnating at least the one), and nobody had any idea for years.

Never can forget this awesome interview.

This isn't the typical profile here, seems most are lured first by the drug use. You think she may have just been grabbed and is now in some other state?

anybody watch the show, "psychic detectives"?? might be time to have a psychic

Last edited:

Yeah I don’t doubt it’s happening it’s just hard to process, a lot of ****ed up people out there. Terrifying to be a dad.

anybody watch the show, "psychic detectives"?? might time to have a psychic

giphy.gif

All I know is that situations like this scare me to death.

Situations like these are tragic for families and friends. It's a reminder that evil exists in our society and luck plays a role in each of our lives.

We can only hope for a good outcome, but it seems doubtful. And she appeared to be a wonderful young woman.

Or a girl/woman in a secluded area (or even sometimes a busy area) on her own.

The woman I was seeing in WDM started struggling with her mental health. To try to combat that, she was walking alone in a secluded, wooded area with ear buds in. I ended up giving her a Benchmade knife to carry and she also had mace. But even though she walked with her dog, that combination made me uneasy.

If this young woman was running with ear buds in it makes her vulnerable target. I see women do this all the time on our trail system and it’s a horrible idea.

So you didn't tell us what you stole.

It was a bag of cash that was missing. The exact amount was unknown to me but I did know that I had touched the bag that contained the money so if the bag reappeared (with or without the money) my prints could have easily have been on it. I had to get out in front of that. Everything worked well for me. They figured out who took the money but could not prove it. That worked itself out too.

Reactions: SoFla-Hawkeye
You don't know how to change your homepage?
it won't let me. I tell it to change it in the settings and it lets me type in another page address and I click on "use it as homepage" or whatever, then it goes back to default with msn. I used to always have startpage or hrot as my homepage but this all happened last year when I finally went to windows ten. See last year I bought ten at best buy. I had put in a new direct digital drive instead of a disk drive and I had to buy windows and I bought seven at best buy and it will only let you use msn built in. edit : I guess it is windows ten according to the box. ha ha I was saying 7. I guess I had 7 prior.

Something tells me to focus a lot on the boyfriend in this one. Hundreds of speculative theories could apply, but something doesn't feel right about his explanation of the snapchat thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT