ADVERTISEMENT

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
It looks like the trailer was released a couple weeks ago. It opens this summer on July 14 and Dead Reckoning Part Two opens in June 2024. These films were shot at the same time and I believe they are going to be Cruise's final appearance in the franchise. Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg are back and Rebecca Ferguson is also back. Henry Czerny also returns as Eugene Kittridge for the first time since the first installment of the series 27 years ago.

I disagree, but I know I’m in the minority. I just can’t get past him being a Hubbard clone and first class DB?
I couldn't care less what he's like in real life. That's for people who interact with him to worry about. The Mission: Impossible movies are entertaining. "A Few Good Men" and "The Firm" were entertaining movies. "American Made", "Rain Man", and "The Color of Money" were entertaining movies. That's the beginning, middle, and end of how much I care about Tom Cruise.

Also, it should be noted that Rebecca Ferguson is hot. Really hot.

mission_impossible_rogue_nation-girl-image-rebecca_ferguson-3840x2400-e1439930451348.jpg

rebecca-ferguson-attends-the-mission-impossible-rogue-nation-new-york-premiere-in-times-square.jpg

I'm bored with movies. It's been years since I sat down and watched one from beginning to end.

I couldn't care less what he's like in real life. That's for people who interact with him to worry about. The Mission: Impossible movies are entertaining. "A Few Good Men" and "The Firm" were entertaining movies. "American Made", "Rain Man", and "The Color of Money" were entertaining movies. That's the beginning, middle, and end of how much I care about Tom Cruise.

mission_impossible_rogue_nation-girl-image-rebecca_ferguson-3840x2400-e1439930451348.jpg

rebecca-ferguson-attends-the-mission-impossible-rogue-nation-new-york-premiere-in-times-square.jpg
Opinions, not facts. She’s okay, like Cruise’s acting. Obviously also opinion.

Way to bury the lede ... paging @torbee

He said bury the lede.

It looks like the trailer was released a couple weeks ago. It opens this summer on July 14 and Dead Reckoning Part Two opens in June 2024. These films were shot at the same time and I believe they are going to be Cruise's final appearance in the franchise. Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg are back and Rebecca Ferguson is also back. Henry Czerny also returns as Eugene Kittridge for the first time since the first installment of the series 27 years ago.

Kind of strange where the sequels keep getting better and better. I agree 100% with below rankings.

• #6. Mission: Impossible 2 (2000) 56% #6. ...
  • #5. Mission: Impossible (1996) 66% #5. ...
  • #4. Mission: Impossible III (2006) 71% #4. ...
  • #3. Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol (2011) 93% #3. ...
  • #2. Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation (2015) 94% #2. ...
  • #1. Mission: Impossible -- Fallout (2018) 97%

Tom Cruise is the most overrated actor of ALL TIME!!!
I am going to argue with you on this as well because it’s not true. That dude can act his ass off and is a better actor than most people give him credit for. He was amazing in Collateral. He‘s never on the top 5 or even top 10 list of best actors so you can’t call him overrated. And certainly not because his movies make a shitload of money. That‘s actually the legit benchmark of a successful actor.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
I am going to argue with you on this as well because it’s not true. That dude can act his ass off and is a better actor than most people give him credit for. He was amazing in Collateral. He‘s never on the top 5 or even top 10 list of best actors so you can’t call him overrated. And certainly not because his movies make a shitload of money. That‘s actually the legit benchmark of a successful actor.
You can throw all the stats at me that you want. I don’t like him or his movies. I haven’t watched any of his movies since the 90’s. It’s my opinion and nobody will change it. I don’t feel like I’m missing much not watching his films. I leave you fanboy’s to it.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Kind of strange where the sequels keep getting better and better. I agree 100% with below rankings.

III is criminally underrated.

First, it has Iowa’s own Michelle Monaghan. And second, the bridge/drone attack scene was top notch.

yeah in pics she comes off somewhat common but she's got a smoldering screen presence that will get any dude going...
While I contend that she’s hot even in pics, you’re correct that she has amazing screen presence. The Rogue Nation scene where she helps Ethan escape being tortured, while completely unrealistic, is about as fappable as a fully clothed woman can get.

It’s underperforming at the box office, which is surprising. It got “must see” from MetaCritic.

Reactions: Scott559

I agree. I don't really care about his personal life. He puts effort into these movies and it shows. The last one was really good.

DB? I havent heard that about him. Maybe “quirky” at times but not a DB.
Yeah I’ve never heard much of that. Our reader at my first wedding was in the “Divorced Women’s Group” in Jerry Maguire. On her birthday Cruise showed up on set with a top of the line, for 1996, stereo system for her.

I think it will be one of those movies with good word of mouth and have strong legs for awhile. Might hurt next week with Barbie and Oppenheimer coming out tho. Can’t wait for Oppenheimer
I think they’ll all be fine. There aren’t going to be a lot of new releases in the pipeline with the strike. Barbie and Oppenheimer will open, but if Mission Impossible is good, it’ll still be in theaters weeks from now.

I actually like Tom Cruise as an actor but the MI franchise to me should have been shut down over a decade ago IMO. I don’t understand what people see in it, but I’m generally not an action movie fan. They are certainly the most hyped up movie franchise in recent history which is usually a red flag that the actual movie itself is hot garbage.

I actually like Tom Cruise as an actor but the MI franchise to me should have been shut down over a decade ago IMO. I don’t understand what people see in it, but I’m generally not an action movie fan. They are certainly the most hyped up movie franchise in recent history which is usually a red flag that the actual movie itself is hot garbage.
They’re actually very good movies!

Don't like Cruise at all. Last movie I enjoyed of his was Edge of Tomorrow. Similar to the Furious, Marvel, etc movies it's simply franchise fatigue. No different than let's say season 12 of a sitcom. Characters have said all they can say.

Tom Cruise is the Tony Gwynn of Hollywood. No one will say he’s the best actor ever. But everything he does is solid. He stopped being the heartthrob a couple movies after Cocktail but is still loved by the ladies. You know what you’re getting with him. Not many home runs but hardly ever any strikeouts.

#2 should be dead last by a mile. It got absolutely silly when everyone was ripping off a mask. Overall the franchise is incredibly entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT