ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell

hawkeyeguy69

HB All-American
Oct 1, 2001
Glad he was reinstated. We don't need an any issues to distract this team. Not now anyhow.

That said IMHO, Derrick needs to play, Now. We need him to get game reps aSap. Definitely before the B1G. A few this week, and more next week, would be huge for developing his game, his comfort level.

Leshun is dinged up. And Canzeri cannot carry the load. At 20 carries he look exhausted. As much as Coker at 30(which never should have happened, btw). We need our RBs @ 100%, Jordan was beat up and needed to sit a few reps, but he could not, as we only had fumblruski behind him.

So, DM needs to run. And he needs to run Now. Get that experience before the B1G. He, or rather, We are going to need it at some point this season. I guarantee you we will, like last week. I'd much rather he gain that experience in the next two weeks, than be thrown to the wolves in Wisconsin or the like.

Plus I would like to see what he can do out of the back field with those WR hands. Another viable option for Beathard is greatly needed. Add DM as an RB/HB catching out of the back field and bring back Duzey would be a Huge boost to our receiving Corp. It would certainly spread the field for receiver coverage, and open the run by keeping defenses honest. That is much needed....in addition to RB depth.

Thoughts?

I'll admit I'm curious to see if the 'hype is real'........

Guess we'll find out if he's got better hands than Wadley soon enough.

I am looking forward to seeing him play for sure. I am not ready to demand playing time or anything of the sort. He will play when hes ready and not before.

I was very impressed with him at the WDM spring scrimmage. He ran hard and refused to go down. However, that style is one that leaves you open to a lot of hits so I am worried about his durability also.
I hope we get to see what he can bring to the table Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT