ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft Begins Today

I am predicting Adams gets drafted higher than predicted, turns it down and returns for his senior year and leads Iowa to the CWS next year with a loaded pitching staff......

Joking but almost wishful

I am predicting Adams gets drafted higher than predicted, turns it down and returns for his senior year and leads Iowa to the CWS next year with a loaded pitching staff......

Yeah after watching the Regional, one thing I know for sure............

He gone.

Reactions: terrehawk
#1 - #3 overall picks were all in high school. The #7 and #8 picks both went to Virginia and they didn't make it out of a regional.

1 right so far...

How do you figure? Jake is already on his way to Florida to start his professional career this weekend.
I'm sure he's just going through the motions so he can see what it is like to go through the process. Jake knows how good they could be next year if he comes back to school and he really wants to win a National Title. So........

The next step is for him to turn it down

I'm sure he's just going through the motions so he can see what it is like to go through the process. Jake knows how good they could be next year if he comes back to school and he really wants to win a National Title. So........

The next step is for him to turn it down
The problem with that is that if he had another GREAT year goes 10 picks earlier in the draft, he'd end up with less money next year. There is a discount on college seniors because they have no leverage. Also, the ceiling on Jake to move up the draft is pretty limited. He CRUSHED the ball this year with an average also insanely high. His hitting is why he was drafted, but he's not going to turn into an 80 speed runner or 80 fielder so his negatives will be there meaning he'll be hard to move up much.
Thank you for a great season and good luck on your pro-career.

The problem with that is that if he had another GREAT year goes 10 picks earlier in the draft, he'd end up with less money next year. There is a discount on college seniors because they have no leverage. Also, the ceiling on Jake to move up the draft is pretty limited. He CRUSHED the ball this year with an average also insanely high. His hitting is why he was drafted, but he's not going to turn into an 80 speed runner or 80 fielder so his negatives will be there meaning he'll be hard to move up much.
Thank you for a great season and good luck on your pro-career.

yeah my guess is the other poster was just trolling. There really is no other good option for college juniors if they get selected in the top 10-15 rounds other than to turn pro. All leverage is gone as a senior, plus they are a year older and every year older as a pro player means teams view the player with less potential.

All the Hawks drafted (Adams, McCoy, Gallagher, Erickson) are great stories. Best of luck to them on their pro careers.

yeah my guess is the other poster was just trolling. There really is no other good option for college juniors if they get selected in the top 10-15 rounds other than to turn pro. All leverage is gone as a senior, plus they are a year older and every year older as a pro player means teams view the player with less potential.

All the Hawks drafted (Adams, McCoy, Gallagher, Erickson) are great stories. Best of luck to them on their pro careers.
Yes. I was just playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT