ADVERTISEMENT

MLB mega trade and free agent signing thread.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
The Reds have made two major salary dump trades. Sonny Gray to the Twins, and today they unloaded Eugenio Suarez and Jesse Winker to the Mariners for a middling return. The undertone to this deal is that the Mariners may be out of the Kris Bryant sweepstakes, or the Seiya Suzuki sweepstakes.
Kind of sucks that this CBA didn't do more to address teams like the Reds who simply are not trying to win. I feel for Joey Votto.
Matt Olson from the As to the Braves for a huge haul of prospects. That most likely signals that they have moved on from Freddie Freeman.
The As also dumped Chris Bassitt to the Mets.
The Yankees picked up Josh Donaldson from the Twins.
Nelson Cruz to the Nationals as a FA
Carolos Rodon to the Giants as a FA.

It seems like several of these trades mean that some teams have moved on from FA targets. However, a lot of top names are still out there.

Cubs are reportedly in on the Suzuki signing as they’re meeting with his party again tonight. I don’t have much insight into this guy, but from what I do know he’s no Ohtani, but supposed to be better than Fukodome.

Twins have been one of the most active so far.

White Sox lose Rodon but do sign reliever Joe Kelly. Bullpen should be a strength but starting pitching could drop.

Cubs are reportedly in on the Suzuki signing as they’re meeting with his party again tonight. I don’t have much insight into this guy, but from what I do know he’s no Ohtani, but supposed to be better than Fukodome.

Twins have been one of the most active so far.
He is a natural RF, so you’d have to cut Heyward, or lie to the fans that he can play CF to keep his inspirational speeches in the line up.

Reactions: IACub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT