ADVERTISEMENT

MLB stadium rankings

Oakland Coliseum is a gem simply because of the fan support. Yes, the stadium is decrepit, the amount of foul territory is laughable, there are no restaurants and bars around the outside neighborhood, and the construction of the interior of the stadium does not mesh at all, but the Oakland fans know this and embrace it. The Coliseum is a sh*thole, but, by golly, it is their sh*thole and they love it.

I am jealous.

I realize my comment was a bit outdated: I have been to a home game for every MLB team. So I have not been to the new Rangers' stadium (obviously) or Miami. I can't foresee them overtaking my list.

Oakland Coliseum is a gem simply because of the fan support. Yes, the stadium is decrepit, the amount of foul territory is laughable, there are no restaurants and bars around the outside neighborhood, and the construction of the interior of the stadium does not mesh at all, but the Oakland fans know this and embrace it. The Coliseum is a sh*thole, but, by golly, it is their sh*thole and they love it.

Good point. We still talk about the interesting, but super passionate fans, in Oakland. And the BART map telling outsiders NOT TO GET OFF at the East Oakland stop. They make that quite clear.

ADVERTISEMENT